Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

‘Moments Made Bigger’ Promo Takes Off September 10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:47 am

Breezed right though the signup for me just now. All is well.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:59 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

As some pointed out, there are some issues with the registration page and we're actively working to fix it so you all can sign up. Thanks in advance for your patience. Will let you know if I have a better ETA as to when everything will be sorted out.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by observer
I can't find specific terms.
The promotion is said to end 1/3.
What happens then with a stay with a check-in on 1/1 and check-out on 1/4?

There is an FAQ on the signup page.

Hilton Honors | Moments Made Bigger FAQs

“If I check-in before September 10, 2018, or check-out after January 3, 2019, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. For example, if a member has a 4 night stay (two nights within the promotion period and two nights outside of it) the two nights inside the promotion period will receive Bonus Points.”
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Why not ask Lauren to check into it in the thread for the promotion?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
First question in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):

What is the name of this Hilton Honors™ promotion?
Moments Made Bigger

I really miss the days when FAQs were based on actual questions asked by users, not some rehashing of useless information that is already available in the actual signup/promo page. Waste of everyone's time.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

As some pointed out, there are some issues with the registration page and we're actively working to fix it so you all can sign up. Thanks in advance for your patience. Will let you know if I have a better ETA as to when everything will be sorted out.

Thanks!
Lauren
I can find a list of the 'resort and luxury' hotels that offer 3x points here:
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/rs/resorts-and-luxury/

I noticed that one of my upcoming stays, Conrad Osaka, was not considered a luxury hotel and would not get triple points under this promotion.
Considering it is such a new hotel (opened last summer of 2017) and it being a Conrad hotel, I was quite surprised to see it didn't qualify as a luxury hotel.
I was wondering if this is an error?
What does it take for a hotel to be considered a luxury hotel in the Hilton group

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I like how the Tropicana Las Vegas is eligible as a luxury/resort.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edot8
I can find a list of the 'resort and luxury' hotels that offer 3x points here:
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/rs/resorts-and-luxury/

I noticed that one of my upcoming stays, Conrad Osaka, was not considered a luxury hotel and would not get triple points under this promotion.
Considering it is such a new hotel (opened last summer of 2017) and it being a Conrad hotel, I was quite surprised to see it didn't qualify as a luxury hotel.
I was wondering if this is an error?
What does it take for a hotel to be considered a luxury hotel in the Hilton group

Thanks

Hi edot8,

Thanks for flagging this. I checked with the team and Conrad Osaka should be included as a luxury property that will be eligible for the Triple Points during the promotion period. We'll be updating here shortly, but wanted you to know it definitely should be on the list.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

There is an FAQ on the signup page.

Hilton Honors Moments Made Bigger FAQs

“If I check-in before September 10, 2018, or check-out after January 3, 2019, do I still earn credit for that stay?
Registered Hilton Honors members will receive a bonus only for the nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. For example, if a member has a 4 night stay (two nights within the promotion period and two nights outside of it) the two nights inside the promotion period will receive Bonus Points.”

I think that wording is still really unclear, except in regard of some nights counting even if not all nights of a stay count.

It says, in 3 different ways, that nights "inside", "during" or "within" the promotion period will be eligible, but it doesn't simply state whether the night of the 3rd is inside, during or within.

The key bit is check out "after" January 3rd won't count. Check out ON the 3rd counts. And so, the night of the 3rd does not count.

Last edited by todderz; Aug 29, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I like how the Tropicana Las Vegas is eligible as a luxury/resort.

Regards

TBS
Since they charge a resort fee it would seem unfair of Hilton to say they aren't a resort when it comes to bonus points.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Registration page should be up and running properly now. If you run into any issues signing up, feel free to PM me directly with your Hilton Honors account.

Thanks again for your patience!
Lauren
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
First question in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):

What is the name of this Hilton Honors™ promotion?
Moments Made Bigger

I really miss the days when FAQs were based on actual questions asked by users, not some rehashing of useless information that is already available in the actual signup/promo page. Waste of everyone's time.

***I laughed, and the humor of corporate-speak doesn't escape me. I suppose, to be charitable, if it's also a FAQ for HH call center employees as well, they *could* arguably need to know what this is called when clients call the Diamond Desk, etc. asking for it by name, when their manager just told them it's a triple points thingy promo coming. I've called DDesk before asking to be signed up for a promo, and there's confusion over it's name.

But... yeah.
TDM
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:33 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by cjd
Thanks Lauren. At present unable to register. Get message stating access denied and I don't have authorisation to view that page.
Working okay now and managed to register. Lauren, checking in to a Hilton on 9 Sept and checking out on 10 Sept, would that be covered by the current promotion which ends on 9 Sept or this new promotion which starts 10 Sept?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I just registered first try. Thanks Lauren!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
First attempt for me sat there for some time, and then timed out.

Second time work immediately.

So there's still clearly something a little off with the website...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.