FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Same day check out (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1926325-same-day-check-out.html)

edot8 Aug 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Same day check out

I have a layover for about 12 hours after a 15hour flight. Honestly I'll probably look to get some rest as well as somewhere to drop off my stuff.
I was wondering if I checked in (around 11am or asap) and checked out (around 8-9pm) on the same day, would it count as a night or stay?

ozztraveller Aug 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Have you checked the hotel if they have day rate available as it will earn a stay credit although if I remember 6pm is usually checkout time. If your diamond you could ask for late checkout.

Penguinmoon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 pm

Yes. An overnight rate check out on the same as checkin, and a day rate, would both receive stay credits just like you stayed the whole night.

writerguyfl Aug 21, 2018 6:20 am

In that scenario, it's probably best to not check out in the evening. As long as you're not in a location that requires you to physically check-out, the Housekeeping staff will discover that the room is vacant the next morning and have the Front Desk check you out.

Plus, in the (unlikely) event that your connection gets canceled, you'll still have a room you can use until the rescheduled flight leaves.

jeffandnicole Aug 21, 2018 6:43 am

Originally Posted by writerguyfl (Post 30109525)
In that scenario, it's probably best to not check out in the evening. As long as you're not in a location that requires you to physically check-out, the Housekeeping staff will discover that the room is vacant the next morning and have the Front Desk check you out.

Plus, in the (unlikely) event that your connection gets canceled, you'll still have a room you can use until the rescheduled flight leaves.

Most regular overnight rates don't allow someone to check in as early as 11am. If it's worked out with the hotel and they have rooms available, they may allow it, but they don't have to. Thus, the scenarios and checkin/checkout times can differ for day and night stays.

:D! Aug 21, 2018 8:13 am

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole (Post 30109632)
Most regular overnight rates don't allow someone to check in as early as 11am. If it's worked out with the hotel and they have rooms available, they may allow it, but they don't have to. Thus, the scenarios and checkin/checkout times can differ for day and night stays.

Unless the hotel is close to full or really small (so not most Hiltons) they will usually let you check in at 11am though

edot8 Aug 21, 2018 8:18 am

Anyone know if the day rate stay counts as a stay towards diamond challenges and the current Miles and More promotion currently on?

ozztraveller Aug 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by edot8 (Post 30110039)
Anyone know if the day rate stay counts as a stay towards diamond challenges and the current Miles and More promotion currently on?

I sure it only counts as a stay not a night normally so would imagine it may be the same. Hopefully someone has first hand experience.

edot8 Aug 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by ozztraveller (Post 30112417)
I sure it only counts as a stay not a night normally so would imagine it may be the same. Hopefully someone has first hand experience.

But you can get status from reaching stay thresholds.
If you have a hilton challenge then it's cheap stay - i just wonder if it would count.
Same for promotions like the Miles and More (2500 miles for each stay), would it qualify and result in a stay for the promotions and challenge?

jbeckett Aug 21, 2018 5:13 pm

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...fied-stay.html

wizla Aug 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Day rate stays do count towards status , I done this a few times in 2016...... sometimes you do have to email honors to get them to add it manually but I never had any issues