Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Charter Hotel Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Charter Hotel Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Arrow The Charter Hotel Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-WA}

I've stayed a couple times at the Hilton Seattle (the one on 6th Ave) and have been happy. To me it's a nice up scale business style hotel. Big tower, big lobby, etc. I like that stuff but wouldn't mind a little nicer style or a little less business style and a bit more hip... but still usually like a high room, a nice proper lobby that's staffed at all hours, etc.

I've never stayed at the Charter Seattle or any Curio collection hotel but I'm thinking about booking just a one night weekend stay in late October to see a Cirque du Soleil show and Pike Place. I'll be landing at SEA, renting a SilverCar, and then driving to the hotel. Once at the hotel most my day probably will be on foot until at night when I need to drive out of the city for the Cirque show and back. If I recall the Hilton Seattle isn't too bad getting to or getting in and out of the garage, especially for a "normal sized" car like the Audi A4. Walking to Pike Place is do-able for me from the Seattle Hilton, but obviously closer always is nicer.

What's the Charter hotel in Seattle like? What kind of style are the rooms in? I know they only have valet parking, but does anyone know how prompt they are getting the car and how check in works? I'll have a couple heavy bags and am traveling solo.

Finally,
Which do you think would result in better luck getting upgraded as a gold?
Which do you think has better results in late check out as a gold? How late? (I'll be departing at 7pm and probably won't head to the airport till ~4pm)
Even if I do have to check out at the normal time, which could I leave the car at until ~3:30 or 4pm?
Will the front desk of The Charter Hotel hold my bags until I come back for my car? (I know over at the Hilton on 6th I could just put the bags in the car and then leave the car till later in the day if they allow...)

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300653207.html

Unless someone has a time machine (or unless they did a soft open that someone here has gotten in on), they won't be able to answer any of your questions with personal knowledge.

The Charter Hotel, a downtown Seattle boutique hotel, today announced it is accepting reservations for bookings from Sept. 1, 2018 and beyond.
The Charter Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton

Those aren't real photos, those are 3D artistic renderings.

So I guess wait until the 1st to get real reports?

Traffic is a bit of a mess, by the time you get there 3rd will be blocked off to car access 12 hours a day. You're going to come in just as the "period of maximum constraint" for Downtown Seattle is starting. I would pack some patience.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 20, 2018 at 2:54 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300653207.html

Unless someone has a time machine (or unless they did a soft open that someone here has gotten in on), they won't be able to answer any of your questions with personal knowledge.

The Charter Seattle, Curio Collection by Hilton

Those aren't real photos, those are 3D artistic renderings.

So I guess wait until the 1st to get real reports?

Traffic is a bit of a mess, by the time you get there 3rd will be blocked off to car access 12 hours a day. You're going to come in just as the "period of maximum constraint" for Downtown Seattle is starting. I would pack some patience.
WOW! I didn't know it was so new to the Hilton portfolio! I was wondering why the pictures online were all renders, thought it might be to be "hip" or something, lol

Ok, so speaking of traffic, would getting from the freeway to the Hilton Seattle (on 6th Ave) be easier (by a lot?) then this location? I totally forgot that Seattle shuts certain roads and limits them to just buses and stuff during certain times...

Though I will say that arrival will be ~3:30 to 4pm on a Saturday and leaving ~4pm on a Sunday, I'm not sure if that changes the road restrictions compared to weekdays...

Edit:
"Mayor Jenny Durkan said during her campaign that congestion will get worse before it gets better, and pleaded, “It won’t be the mayor’s fault.” "
Oh Seattle.... (rolls eyes)

Last edited by acarney; Aug 20, 2018 at 3:12 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I don't know about "hip", but if you want "unique" then The Arctic Club certainly fits the bill!

That said, as per it's thread, the rooms can be relatively small if you don't get a suite, and I have no idea of the parking situation as I've never parked there...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by docbert
I don't know about "hip", but if you want "unique" then The Arctic Club certainly fits the bill!

That said, as per it's thread, the rooms can be relatively small if you don't get a suite, and I have no idea of the parking situation as I've never parked there...
The Arctic Club has never disappointed. Search the archives for my reviews.

Parking is off site via a concession, but well run and friendly staff. The original club building has no garage.

There are only 3 suites, but the larger kings and corner rooms are pretty comfy.

Enjoy!
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Just finishing a two-night stay here and I'm really impressed. Room is gorgeous and spacious, staff still have the grand opening energy, view is nice, location is convenient. Breakfast (as a Diamond) was my choice of about half of the things on the menu in the fully-hipster-compliant restaurant.

Last edited by puls; Oct 26, 2018 at 12:24 pm
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Which "half" - cold continental items?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Which "half" - cold continental items?
More or less: cold continental items plus the one traditional eggs, bacon, and potatoes plate. I imagine the Gold selection is just the former?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Free agent; tend to fly DL and UA most
Stayed here for 5 nights back in mid-September (just a week or two after they opened). Overall very pleasant stay.

Pros:
- Room design/aesthetic
- Large spacious bathroom
- Toiletries are by Imperial (nice barber-grade brand)
- Rooftop bar
- Hotel location (2nd & Stewart)

Cons:
- Bathroom door still had some plastic wrapping on it that construction apparently forgot to take off. Definitely a sign of a brand-new hotel!
- Shower water pressure issues (room was on the 15th floor).

Will definitely stay here again.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by muaddib89
Stayed here for 5 nights back in mid-September (just a week or two after they opened). Overall very pleasant stay.

Pros:
- Room design/aesthetic
- Large spacious bathroom
- Toiletries are by Imperial (nice barber-grade brand)
- Rooftop bar
- Hotel location (2nd & Stewart)

Cons:
- Bathroom door still had some plastic wrapping on it that construction apparently forgot to take off. Definitely a sign of a brand-new hotel!
- Shower water pressure issues (room was on the 15th floor).

Will definitely stay here again.
Is there an Executive Lounge?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just finished a 2 night stay here. Overall a good stay, but with a few quirks...

Rooms are a good size, and mine looked exactly the same as puls's photos above except it was reversed. One thing that's not clear from the photos is that there is only a very small "desk" area - if you look at the bottom right of the first photo you'll see that it starts to jut out a little - that's the desk area. It's big enough to work on a laptop, but not too much more.

At check-in I was told I was being given an upgrade to a "waterview" room on the 11th floor. Whilst it's certainly possible this room previously had water views, due to construction across the street the view was as per the photo below. Technically if you look through the bottom of the crane you can see some water, but... They actually charge more for the waterfront rooms, so if I'd actually paid for it I would have been asking for a partial refund!

Construction started at 7am, so if you want to sleep in I'd suggest asking for a room on the other side of the building.

Diamond breakfast was... odd.. At check-in I was told to tell them at breakfast that I was diamond and they would show me which items on the menu I could order. At breakfast on the first day I stated I was diamond, and was told I would get an $18 credit. That was possibly enough to cover the continental option and coffee, but even then I'm not sure as they had a 20% service charge (no tipping) that would have pushed it over $18 depending on when they took the credit off. Both days I spent over $18 ($25 one day, over $30 the other including tax/service charge). At check-out the lady saw breakfast on the bill, stated that as a diamond I get complimentary breakfast, and removed the entire charge!

Overall I'd probably stay here again if the price was right (was $30 less than the Arctic Club on our corporate rate)

Originally Posted by catcher1
Is there an Executive Lounge?
There is not.

My "Water" view :
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Wow! Great to hear the reviews coming in! I kinda wish I had selected this hotel for my Oct. 27th-28th stay instead of the Hilton on 6th. The Hilton on 6th just felt old and worn down, staff was great, but elevators were slow and kinda made some sounds as they were going up and down the shafts, which for someone that isn't a huge fan of old looking elevators to begin with was a little annoying and stressful. Views were ok, but not fantastic. I walked by this hotel and from the outside it looked great and the location is fantastic! I'll have to judge next time if traffic from the freeway down to this location is worth it... the one nice thing about the Hilton on 6th is it's almost right next to the ramp off the freeway, so street level traffic, even if horrible, is only for about a block.

Speaking of which, I noticed there is a garage right next to the hotel. Are there any deals with the hotel for self parking in that garage? I usually hate to valet because I'm often in a rush and don't want to have to wait for them to get the car (plus price, man, some are like $45 to $50+ a night!). How's the parking situation? If someone was to park in the garage next door and had two bags (say one kinda large wheeled back and then one carry on sized one) would it be easy to carry them to check in? Are you able to park overnight in the garage next door with unlimited in/out? I know some garages restrict access late at night...

I figure I'll stay here next time I'm in Seattle... hopefully not too bad of a trek from the Westlake Link Light rail if I only have a backpack or carry on bag from the airport (for a short overnight stay) and hopefully traffic/route/construction and parking won't be an issue when driving from the airport on a longer stay. Lets keep the info coming, specifically on which rooms are the best! I love that the Hilton app allows you to select a room, though I never know which are better to go for :P
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Totally convenient from Link at the Westlake stop. A block and a half from the entrances/exits near Macy’s and McDonald’s.

Personally, I would take Link and use a rideshare (Lyft/Uber) carshare (Zipcar/Car2go/ReachNow) service because you won’t have to mess around with parking. There are some traditional rental places in downtown as well: Hertz, Avis, Enterprise/Alamo/National within a few blocks. Hertz sometimes is cheaper downtown than at the airport.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Totally convenient from Link at the Westlake stop. A block and a half from the entrances/exits near Macy’s and McDonald’s.

Personally, I would take Link and use a rideshare (Lyft/Uber) carshare (Zipcar/Car2go/ReachNow) service because you won’t have to mess around with parking. There are some traditional rental places in downtown as well: Hertz, Avis, Enterprise/Alamo/National within a few blocks. Hertz sometimes is cheaper downtown than at the airport.
I'm addicted to Silvercar when I rent now :P
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Diamond breakfast was... odd.. At check-in I was told to tell them at breakfast that I was diamond and they would show me which items on the menu I could order. At breakfast on the first day I stated I was diamond, and was told I would get an $18 credit. That was possibly enough to cover the continental option and coffee, but even then I'm not sure as they had a 20% service charge (no tipping) that would have pushed it over $18 depending on when they took the credit off. Both days I spent over $18 ($25 one day, over $30 the other including tax/service charge). At check-out the lady saw breakfast on the bill, stated that as a diamond I get complimentary breakfast, and removed the entire charge!
So yesterday I happened to look at my credit card statement, and noticed a 2nd charge for ~$33 the day after I checked out. Called them, and was told it was for breakfast. I'm presuming it was the second day, and despite the ~1 hour between me leaving breakfast and checking out they hadn't entered it. I pointed out that I was Diamond and thus it should have been at least $18 cheaper, and also that I was told at checkout that breakfast was complimentary and had been removed from my bill, and they quickly agreed to remove it.
Billy Bandit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.