Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Moscow, Russia {RUS}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Moscow, Russia {RUS}

Old Aug 18, 18, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Moscow, Russia {RUS}

Iím looking at Hilton at the moment largely because of the deal of 2,500 Miles & More miles per booking. I was wondering if you had any suggestions for Hilton properties in Moscow, because I have an upcoming trip. The Hampton by Hilton Moscow Strogino is coming in pretty cheap at around RUB5,000, but it is some way out from the center.
Old Aug 18, 18, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Hilton Moscow for sure is best location for me. Near metro lines. Also the newer Hampton beside one of the main railways stations. Others are further out
Old Aug 18, 18, 4:25 pm

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya without a doubt. Great location, professional service, good lounge, and a healthy dose of throwback Soviet architectural awesomeness.
petitaix likes this.
Old Aug 19, 18, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gav0106 View Post
Hilton Moscow for sure is best location for me. Near metro lines. Also the newer Hampton beside one of the main railways stations. Others are further out
Is this the Hampton by Hilton Moscow Strogino by any chance? Prices are coming in real cheap for the dates I need to go, about RUB3,400. Even the Leningradskaya is only RUB4,500, non refundable rates of course. Thought I would split the stay across 2 properties so I can get the M&M bonus two times.
Old Aug 19, 18, 8:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Morning

its the Leningradskay one you want. Itís near the Hilton. If price is similar to Hilton take Hilton for sure.
Old Aug 20, 18, 5:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
My personal opinion:
#1 . DT Moscow Marina
#2 Hilton Leningradskaya
#3 DT Vnukovo Airport
#4 Hampton Strogino
#5 HGI Krasnoselskaya
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Morning

its the Leningradskay one you want. Itís near the Hilton. If price is similar to Hilton take Hilton for sure.
But I presume that actually is a Hilton property, right? It's that Stalinesque sort of building if I am not mistaken.

Originally Posted by vvn1972 View Post
My personal opinion:
#1 . DT Moscow Marina
#2 Hilton Leningradskaya
#3 DT Vnukovo Airport
#4 Hampton Strogino
#5 HGI Krasnoselskaya
They all look quite good, in fact. I think I will give the Strogino a try!
Old Aug 20, 18, 10:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
They all look quite good, in fact. I think I will give the Strogino a try!
Hampton Strogino is in the middle of nowhere. Very far from any attractions. Hotel if you want to visit Crocus Expo Center.

Last edited by vvn1972; Aug 20, 18 at 10:37 am
Old Aug 20, 18, 12:52 pm

its the Leningradskay one you want. It’s near the Hilton.
Not sure what this post refers to - the only Honors property near "The" Hilton (Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya) is the HGI Krasnoselskaya. It is located on the far side of Leningradsky Station; maybe that is what the poster meant.

But I presume that actually is a Hilton property, right? It's that Stalinesque sort of building if I am not mistaken.
The Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya is one of the Seven Sisters (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Sisters_(Moscow)). The very large Radisson Royal hotel is also one of these buildings.

I think I will give the Strogino a try!
That is wayyy out there. Unless you have specific business in the area or are purely doing a nights/points/miles run I wouldn't see a reason to book that.
Old Aug 21, 18, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Yes, Strogino is listed as being seven point something miles out which is probably not good. The price is good, though. I’d like to do two properties on this trip though, so maybe I’ll choose another one with a better situation downtown, even though it will cost more. The Leningradskaya becomes surprisingly reasonable when you hit the weekend. So, two week nights in one, two weekend nights in the Leningradskaya.

The Leningradskaya is the only Hilton listed in Lonely Planet guide to Moscow, and LP’s recommendations are usually reliable.

But DT Moscow Marina is quite far out too, isn't it?

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 21, 18 at 7:15 am Reason: more info
Old Aug 22, 18, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

I was just wondering about the Leningradskaya, if it is a bit austere. I will need to have a couple of sensitive meetings while there, and if the place is too austere and coldly grandiose then it might not be appropriate this time (rejuvenating a broken relation). Given I don't have Hitlon status, how much would breakfast set me back there?

Think I've answered my own question about breakfast. Here is the menu:

https://www3.hilton.com/resources/me...u_Mar_2018.pdf

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 22, 18 at 3:36 pm Reason: more info
Old Aug 22, 18, 3:35 pm

I was just wondering about the Leningradskaya, if it is a bit austere. I will need to have a couple of sensitive meetings while there, and if the place is too austere and coldly grandiose then it might not be appropriate this time (rejuvenating a broken relation). Given I don't have Hitlon status, how much would breakfast set me back there?
I'm not sure I can speak to the appropriateness of the decor for your intended purpose - "austere" and "grandiose" are pretty much antonyms so I'm not entirely getting what you're going for. In my experience it feels like how I'd expect a higher-end hotel in an old Soviet building to feel. It's not over-the-top and dripping in gold like you'd find in Dubai or such, but it doesn't feel like a prison either. If you want to exude happiness and cheer, this may or not be the place; maybe you'd want someplace more modern. On the other hand, if you want to convey that you're serious, then it's certainly a formal setting.

If it helps, I found the pictures I looked at online before staying there to be accurate and well-representative of the property, so maybe they will help.

Re: breakfast, here is the menu. Looks like the buffet is 1950 RUB or about $30 US.

http://www3.hilton.com/resources/med...u_Mar_2018.pdf
Old Aug 22, 18, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, looks like I modified my post above about breakfast at the same time that you uploaded your post. Thanks very much for your info. In Moscow, there are a lot of nice hotels at lower price levels, such as the Pushkin, Bulgakov or Sverchkov 8. The Na Kazachyem sounds really nice. But in the Leningradskaya it looks like there would be a number of places where one could discuss privately, so I think it might be a good bet.
Old Aug 22, 18, 4:00 pm

But in the Leningradskaya it looks like there would be a number of places where one could discuss privately, so I think it might be a good bet.
I would wager that that property has certainly seen a number of "private discussions" over the years.

Search this Thread