Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Moscow, Russia {RUS}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Moscow, Russia {RUS}

Old Jan 4, 20, 1:14 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA View Post
I'm visiting Moscow in Feb for two nights as a Diamond. I've never been to the city before, so going to be seeing some sights. I've currently got the HGI Krasnoselskaya booked mainly because it was cheaper and looked nicer than the Hilton Leningradskaya.

Should I switch to the Hilton for about $35 extra per night in hopes of a better room upgrade chance? The rooms don't look nearly as modern but it seems to have that old Soviet vibe to it.
I prefer Hilton Leningradskaya, it's one of my favorite hotels. Don't hesistate, the rooms in Hilton Leningradskaya are modern, they have excellent staff, very helpfull concierge service, that is very good for guests, those don't speak Russian. This Hilton is closer to metro station. I love their Executive Lounge.
I often stay in Hilton Leningradskay and always become nice upgrade.
Old Jan 4, 20, 3:22 am

Hilton is a much better option. I stayed at both and for elites hilton wins in every possible category if price is reasonable.
Old Jan 4, 20, 6:05 am

The rooms don't look nearly as modern but it seems to have that old Soviet vibe to it.
The rooms are perfectly modern and it does have the old Soviet vibe, which is exactly why you should stay there. For a first trip to Moscow, between staying in a new HGI and one of the Seven Sisters there should be no choice! Also agree with other posters that the location, staff, and lounge are great.
Old Jan 4, 20, 6:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Hilton Leningradskaya pros: location, heritage, status recognition, upgrades to junior suite, executive lounge (food and alcohol). Cons: swimming pool and sauna so-so.
Let me also recommend you DoubleTree Moscow Marina. Pros: location 15-30 minutes by taxi to Kremlin (or direct subway line) and 15-30 minutes by taxi to Sheremetyevo airport. Executive lounge (perfect food and dry wine). Very good spa. Cons: one level up upgrades.
Old Jan 4, 20, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Garina View Post
I prefer Hilton Leningradskaya, it's one of my favorite hotels. Don't hesistate, the rooms in Hilton Leningradskaya are modern, they have excellent staff, very helpfull concierge service, that is very good for guests, those don't speak Russian. This Hilton is closer to metro station. I love their Executive Lounge.
I often stay in Hilton Leningradskay and always become nice upgrade.
I went ahead and booked the Hilton, but currently only one bed - need two. I emailed the property to see if there's anything they can do. It's only about $30 more per night currently than the HGI.
Old Jan 4, 20, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by vvn1972 View Post
Hilton Leningradskaya pros: location, heritage, status recognition, upgrades to junior suite, executive lounge (food and alcohol). Cons: swimming pool and sauna so-so.
Let me also recommend you DoubleTree Moscow Marina. Pros: location 15-30 minutes by taxi to Kremlin (or direct subway line) and 15-30 minutes by taxi to Sheremetyevo airport. Executive lounge (perfect food and dry wine). Very good spa. Cons: one level up upgrades.
Thanks! I looked at the DOubletree but it's quite a bit more expensive than the HGI and Hilton. There are a few Radisson's and Mercures that look pretty nice and are reasonably affordable, but I prefer to stick with Hilton usually for the upgrade potential.
Old Jan 4, 20, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
I went ahead and booked the Hilton, but currently only one bed - need two. I emailed the property to see if there's anything they can do. It's only about $30 more per night currently than the HGI.
Sure they will give you junior suite - very large room with 2 queen beds.
Old Jan 4, 20, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by vvn1972 View Post
Sure they will give you junior suite - very large room with 2 queen beds.
That would seal the deal, so fingers crossed!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: