Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}

Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by Portolan
If the Sakura Lounge cooked-to-order breakfast, lunch and dinner mentioned on the Conrad site is an extra cost feature (i.e., access to) or included at no extra cost.

We'll be there in November on an award certificate stay and the upgrade to a somewhat better room plus Sakura Lounge is $120.
All indicators have been, and none have been contradicted, that all food in the Sakura Lounge is covered in your room rate. The Hilton website says the food is included. The people who have stayed there have not said they paid for food in the Sakura Lounge.

I do wonder about the reports that specialty drinks that needed to be obtained from the bar by staff are included as well?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
the reason I ask is that...

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
All indicators have been, and none have been contradicted, that all food in the Sakura Lounge is covered in your room rate. The Hilton website says the food is included. The people who have stayed there have not said they paid for food in the Sakura Lounge.

I do wonder about the reports that specialty drinks that needed to be obtained from the bar by staff are included as well?
The upgrade offer says nothing about meals other than breakfast (just "snacks"):

Sakura Club King , 416-471 sq. ft.
Enjoy your stay in this Sakura Club King.
Enjoy access to Sakura Club, which serves complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, snacks and evening cocktails.
Panoramic views from floor- to- ceiling windows.
The stylish bathroom features double vanities and a Waterworks rain shower head
Fully stocked, top shelf minibar with espresso machine.

This may be just an example of inconsistent descriptions across the web site (elsewhere it says "International gourmet dining offered three times a day from a chef created menu"), but I haven't seen anyone in this thread describe an actual ordered off the menu meal at lunch and dinner. I guess that this may not mean cooked to order, but since there is an open kitchen, the implication is that cooking is done on-site to order.

Last edited by Portolan; Mar 28, 2019 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
The upgrade offer says nothing about meals other than breakfast (just "snacks"):

Sakura Club King , 416-471 sq. ft.
Enjoy your stay in this Sakura Club King.
Enjoy access to Sakura Club, which serves complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, snacks and evening cocktails.
Panoramic views from floor- to- ceiling windows.
The stylish bathroom features double vanities and a Waterworks rain shower head
Fully stocked, top shelf minibar with espresso machine.

This may be just an example of inconsistent descriptions across the web site (elsewhere it says "International gourmet dining offered three times a day from a chef created menu"), but I haven't seen anyone in this thread describe an actual ordered off the menu meal at lunch and dinner. I guess that this may not mean cooked to order, but since there is an open kitchen, the implication is that cooking is done on-site to order.
Might want to call the front desk and ask for clarification.

David
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Sakura does not appear to be an option when needing two beds in the room
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Sakura does not appear to be an option when needing two beds in the room
there's a listed room type "SAKURA CLUB -TWO QUEEN BEDS". maybe just sold out thd dates you are looking?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by B3nder
there's a listed room type "SAKURA CLUB -TWO QUEEN BEDS". maybe just sold out thd dates you are looking?

Fair point.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

The upgrade offer says nothing about meals other than breakfast (just "snacks")...This may be just an example of inconsistent descriptions across the web site (elsewhere it says "International gourmet dining offered three times a day from a chef created menu"), but I haven't seen anyone in this thread describe an actual ordered off the menu meal at lunch and dinner. I guess that this may not mean cooked to order, but since there is an open kitchen, the implication is that cooking is done on-site to order.
There was a definitely substantial food at dinner - bone-in roasted meat, really nice roasted vegetables, plated desserts, sandwiches, salads, some crudites and cheese, etc. I noticed a chef cooking fish which wasn't on the buffet, and it piqued my curiosity but it slipped my mind that there was that mention of cooked-to-order items on the website. I certainly didn't see any overt mention of them - it wasn't like at Admirals Clubs, for example, where there's the buffet but conspicuously-placed menus with paid items everywhere. At breakfast everyone was ordering egg dishes custom-made, and I wasn't around for lunch. I certainly was not disappointed with any of the food, and definitely did not go hungry or need to ask if they had anything else.

Originally Posted by B3nder
Yeah, I checked a couple random dates, e.g. available on May 7. For only $700. Welcome to DC, circa 2019.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Not really much in the way of views since it is DC, everything is pretty flat due to the height restriction. Can partially see the Capital dome from the east side Sakura level rooms but nothing to write home about.

I found the rooms incredibly quiet. Given, again, the mid-rise format necessitated by DC, I was curious about street noise but there was nothing. AC is silent too.
Thanks for this info!

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Please get some photos of the Sakura Club lounge fare if you book a SC room! I'm very curious about it, and would like to see if lounge food presentations are worth the price differential. Thanks!
Afraid I won't be booking an SCL rate, but will try to post a review after I get back from my trip.

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I just had a wonderful stay at the new Conrad. It really is a nice property and the service was excellent. For those asking, the diamond breakfast benefit is $15/night ($30 for guest+1). You could get breakfast in the Estuary restaurant. You could also use your $15/$30 credit at any other time of day at any of the food/bar places - the hotel will just apply the credit to your folio.
Good to know about your great stay and thanks for this info, though $15 definitely seems on the cheap side for a major Hilton, much less a Conrad.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
$15 definitely seems on the cheap side for a major Hilton, much less a Conrad.
Pretty much in the range for US Conrads, sadly. Thinking of several others off the top of my head and they're all in the range of $15-20 per person, per night.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Pretty much in the range for US Conrads, sadly. Thinking of several others off the top of my head and they're all in the range of $15-20 per person, per night.
Wow. Well, good to know. Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:00 pm

FYI, I got a new email asking me if I wanted to upgrade for $21, when I clicked on the link here are the options/prices I got. (FYI, I used a weekend reward night for this stay that is about to expire, so currently I have't paid anything.

Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by howie411
FYI, I got a new email asking me if I wanted to upgrade for $21, when I clicked on the link here are the options/prices I got. (FYI, I used a weekend reward night for this stay that is about to expire, so currently I have't paid anything.

Thanks for posting this. Good to know.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:46 pm

My upgrade options are a bit different ( I booked two rooms, one with weekend night voucher and one with 74K points and upgrade options are the same)

Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:58 am

This is interesting. When I made the reservation back in Feb, it said I would have club access no matter I got upgraded to club level or not as Diamond member. I also have a screenshot. Yesterday I noticed the club access has been removed from my benefits. I would like to see if they will honor the club access or not at the time of check in.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Hang
This is interesting. When I made the reservation back in Feb, it said I would have club access no matter I got upgraded to club level or not as Diamond member. I also have a screenshot. Yesterday I noticed the club access has been removed from my benefits. I would like to see if they will honor the club access or not at the time of check in.
I received this email from the Conrad, so looks like there will never be upgrades to the Sakura area.While other hotels in our portfolio may offer an Executive Lounge, we do not offer this concept at the Conrad Washington, DC. As the Sakura Club is considered a boutique hotel within the Conrad Washington, DC and offers much more than a standard Executive Lounge, the Sakura Club guestrooms and suites are not a part of the Diamond Honors complimentary upgrade offering, although I would like to share that there is currently a Discount offered specifically for our Diamond Guests (10%) in case you would like to elevate your stay. The club offers breakfast, lunch, tea with bites and dinner offerings as well as a Japanese Wisky tasting. They also have their own Ambassadors who assist with any guest and concierge needs, allowing for a far more personalized and unique experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.