Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dman22
Anyone have any stays here since it opened last month?
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Also interested in what the experience was like for a Diamond.
Do you have reason to believe that it, in fact, opened? I have regularly checked reservation availability, and the website has always said it is taking reservations for March 15. I do notice that that banner has been removed, though it was there as recently as last week.

There are no press releases, no online reviews of the property, and no other publicly-visible indications that it is open. The GM's LinkedIn profile says the property will open in the "first quarter of 2019". An Eater article on the Voltaggio restaurant in the hotel says it will open Mid-March.

Unless they are doing an extremely soft opening, I cannot find any indication that this property has in fact opened.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Just been doing a search on hilton.com and the first time they have 1 or more nights available for sale is the 22 March,

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Just been doing a search on hilton.com and the first time they have 1 or more nights available for sale is the 22 March
Agreed - curious if that means they've sold out the first week of open, or if there's been a delay and I'll be hearing some bad news about the reservation I'm holding for next weekend!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:01 pm

My bad, I remember seeing that it was stated to open in February in some press releases when I searched for it. I also saw one review on Tripadvisor, but after doing some more research it doesn't seem to be actually open yet. Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:14 pm
K.L

LOL, it's not that the room is sold out, it's that they closed the room reservation and I guess it's not ready. But the reservation system has been in operation for some time, some people have already made a reservation before closing the reservation, they have confirmed the reservation, so I will go to DC to check the hotel on Friday. I will update the news as soon as possible

I have asked them again for your questions and hope to get a reply

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Just been doing a search on hilton.com and the first time they have 1 or more nights available for sale is the 22 March,

Regards

TBS
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agreed - curious if that means they've sold out the first week of open, or if there's been a delay and I'll be hearing some bad news about the reservation I'm holding for next weekend!
Originally Posted by dman22
My bad, I remember seeing that it was stated to open in February in some press releases when I searched for it. I also saw one review on Tripadvisor, but after doing some more research it doesn't seem to be actually open yet. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I'm glad that DC is finally getting a Conrad, although I wish it was happening a little sooner (we'll be staying at the Embassy Suites across the street in a couple of months). I've enjoyed my experiences at Conrad properties, but I really wish there were more of them in North America.

Anyway, what are we thinking for the stuffed animal? Basic bear... maybe an eagle?
I had an email exchange with them in January, and they told me at that time that they were not sure whether they would prepare bears, and they were considering other things with characteristics of Washington. Anyway, I will check in on Friday and bring the latest news

Originally Posted by amazingjames
I didn't ask as I was more concerned about access, and the room description says it's included. "Access to the Sakura Club includes: ?Complimentary gourmet la carte dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner by a dedicated chef"

Maybe I should take a screenshot of it just in case it changes later :-)
I think this club is the same as the executive lounge in Rc

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 24, 2019 at 12:47 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by K.L
I think this club is the same as the executive lounge in Rc
Is Hilton going to be implementing this (i.e. higher tier club not available to Diamonds) at its other properties? I hope not. I came across an Eater DC article today with updated information about the hotel. Looks like it's unofficially open, and only hotel guests are allowed to eat at the new Voltaggio brothers restaurant located on the premises.

https://dc.eater.com/2018/6/21/17489...-openings-2019

CITY CENTER—Top Chef alums Bryan and Michael Voltaggio opened the anticipated Estuary at the new Conrad Hilton yesterday to a limited crowd of hotel guests only. The public can get a taste of its ceviches and puffer fish tails starting Friday, March 22, when the glitzy 360-room hotel officially opens. The super-modern hotel restaurant features lots of marble, wood tones, and pops of red lining the open kitchen. Status: Certified open (for hotel guests only). New York Avenue and 10th Street NW; website.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is Hilton going to be implementing this (i.e. higher tier club not available to Diamonds) at its other properties? I hope not. I came across an Eater DC article today with updated information about the hotel. Looks like it's unofficially open, and only hotel guests are allowed to eat at the new Voltaggio brothers restaurant located on the premises.

Are you asking about Hiltons specifically? Some already do...I am sitting in Hilton Los Cabos. You only get Vista Club access if you are booked into a Club room.

Or are you asking about all Hilton family members, some of which already have admission to club facilities only if booked into that level.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:57 pm
K.L

Originally Posted by iluvdoco

I think it's just non-asian area. At present, Conrad hangzhou opened last week, but their lounge is still open
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Are you asking about Hiltons specifically? Some already do...I am sitting in Hilton Los Cabos. You only get Vista Club access if you are booked into a Club room.

Or are you asking about all Hilton family members, some of which already have admission to club facilities only if booked into that level.
Just a general question about other Hiltons (both domestic and international).

The Sakura Club presentations seem lavish...5 timings throughout the day. Can't wait to see what they'll actually offer.

Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Do you have reason to believe that it, in fact, opened? I have regularly checked reservation availability, and the website has always said it is taking reservations for March 15. I do notice that that banner has been removed, though it was there as recently as last week.

There are no press releases, no online reviews of the property, and no other publicly-visible indications that it is open. The GM's LinkedIn profile says the property will open in the "first quarter of 2019". An Eater article on the Voltaggio restaurant in the hotel says it will open Mid-March.

Unless they are doing an extremely soft opening, I cannot find any indication that this property has in fact opened.
Still walking by the property every day. Lobby and valet areas look ready, but a quick glance at the upper floors leads me to believe not all the rooms are. The only thing that has opened is the Tiffany store on the west side of the building.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silverthief2
Still walking by the property every day. Lobby and valet areas look ready, but a quick glance at the upper floors leads me to believe not all the rooms are. The only thing that has opened is the Tiffany store on the west side of the building.
Thanks. I've received outreach regarding my reservation this weekend and it looks like things are on track. We'll see!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:46 am

Some more information about Sakura Club rooms. The concept seems better than Ritz's Club level rooms- I like the ability to pack meals to go.

- All guests included in a room reservation will be granted access. E.g. if you make a Sakura Club room or suite reservation for 3 adults, then all 3 adults will have access.
- Meal presentations will be served 7 days/week, not just on select weekdays like in most traditional concierge lounges.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:32 am

Anyone stay here yet? Just booked a room (using a weekend reward that was going to expire in 2 months) for end of April. They gave me a Deluxe Room , on the confirmation email it says Enjoy a special room upgrade for only $22, I didn't click on it, I'm assuming I'll get an upgrade as a Diamond member.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by howie411
Anyone stay here yet? Just booked a room (using a weekend reward that was going to expire in 2 months) for end of April. They gave me a Deluxe Room , on the confirmation email it says Enjoy a special room upgrade for only $22, I didn't click on it, I'm assuming I'll get an upgrade as a Diamond member.
Read up the thread...I think the first occupancy is this week. We don't know what upgrade you might expect.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Read up the thread...I think the first occupancy is this week. We don't know what upgrade you might expect.

Ah, I thought it opened at the end of February. Anyways I'd just assume a nicer room or a suite as one of the Diamond member perks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.