Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by levilevi
Wondering if anyone knows if I charge a bill at Estuary with my Hilton Amex (not staying as a guest) will it get category bonus for Hilton charges or dining?

minor question- but worth an ask.
FYI this coded on Hilton Amex as Conrad F&B and did qualify for the 12x
jefftiger and arlflyer like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by levilevi
FYI this coded on Hilton Amex as Conrad F&B and did qualify for the 12x
Well, if I go check the place out, which I should since it's gotten good critical reviews, I'll have to dig out the old plastic...maybe easier said than done since one thing I love about Hilton is that, unlike Marriott, they actually let you go through the payment process 100% with a stored card (at least in the US)...
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: TMTL
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I had a similar, underwhelmed impression on a recent, admittedly brief (one-night) stay recently. I actually did ask about a Diamond upgrade from the most basic room; was told none were available. I did a quick check when I got to my room and found that the hotel had lots of better rooms of various categories available for that night.

The $25 Diamond meal credit probably covers a basic breakfast like a bowl of granola and fruit. But my eggs came to over $40 after the service and other charges (which weren't mentioned in the menu) figured in.

I'd much rather that, with so many staff in and around the property, a couple more were placed at the front desk, to avoid waits when more than two guests need it.

Beyond that, the place has a cold kind of feel to it in terms of the design.

"Business center" desks' printer was improperly adjusted so that getting a document printed off of it was a hassle.

The very nice lounge area some have mentioned is indeed a substantial upcharge, if it even is available at all if you're in a basic room. (The guest services person I asked about it said there was no lounge, that it was part of a separate "hotel within a hotel" service.) So no lounge access unless you want to pay for it.

Now, the room is certainly nice and roomy, and that counts for a lot, and I didn't have quite the same problems as jefftiger figuring out the lighting. But I don't think I'll be going out of my way to go back there.
Actually staying here right now for a 2 night stay after hopping from several hotels around VA and DC area. This will be our final hotel before heading back home. Check-in staff were friendly and bell person was wonderful. No upgrade was offered and I don't believe we were acknowledged as Diamond members either. I am also too embarrassed to ask for any upgrades but there are certainly tons of rooms available on the website. Deluxe room is nice enough that a paid upgrade is unnecessary.

Sakura Club upgrade was discussed on different occasions ( by email and upgrade offer) and I was given 2 different pricing on both (weird). My hubby decided to pass since he just want to explore DC more. A few hours later we got a call from someone inquiring if we have made up our mind since "this will be a great experience to try"... Hmmm So hubby definitely said no.

Asked if we can get a late check out ( 8 PM flight) and I was told no since that day was sold out. Seriously??? Tons of rooms are still available for that day. Oh well, we had a great experience from Marriott and Park Hyatt so we thought at some point our luck will run out. And this will be the place unfortunately... the hotel brand where we have the highest status.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by SeaGal24
... Sakura Club upgrade was discussed on different occasions ( by email and upgrade offer) and I was given 2 different pricing on both (weird). My hubby decided to pass since he just want to explore DC more. A few hours later we got a call from someone inquiring if we have made up our mind since "this will be a great experience to try"... Hmmm So hubby definitely said no....
Would you mind sharing please what the two different prices were and what were the sources of the pricing? IOW, did you get a offer as a response from a personal email from the hotel or did you see a offer when viewing your reservation online or by the app (NOR1) ?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by sallyerd
Would you mind sharing please what the two different prices were and what were the sources of the pricing? IOW, did you get a offer as a response from a personal email from the hotel or did you see a offer when viewing your reservation online or by the app (NOR1) ?
I received an offer from the hotel for $150/night and it actually came from the SC manager and SC ambassador, and another one is $138/night offer right after my reservation was made and it was always on when viewing my online reservation. The staff at check-in also offered to take us to SC to check it out if we want to. We declined.
It may be worth it if you have time to stay or come back at the hotel during the times that they offer those meals and presentation. But I know we'll never make any of those with the exception of breakfast which you will get as a diamond member.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:28 am

Heads up to everyone that wants to stay here. (Or maybe we're just some of the few that didn't know this) Doors apparently are not totally closing shut unless you push/pull it really hard and hear another click? Security came and knocked on our door and kinda gave me a lecture He showed me how many rooms didn't have their rooms properly shut!! Well then I think Conrad have the problem with their doors and they should fix it so it actually shuts after slamming the first time! I hate slamming the door thinking I'm being rude to other guests, but I guess have to do it here.
Anyway, great stay overall. Staff have been really friendly esp the staff at the Estuary.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:16 pm

Just finished a stay at the Ritz Carlton Pentagon City Club Lounge level, and I think the Sakura Club is superior in several aspects. Although the Ritz PC location may not be the best Ritz, it had still had substantial lounge presentations. Here is where I think the Sakura Club is superior;

1) Better ambience. The Ritz's club lounge was (surprisingly) overrun by kids.
2) Better quality food, especially in the evening. Ritz had largely finger food items.
3) Better value. If you reserve a Sakura Club room for 4 adults, all 4 adults will have club access. A Ritz Club room only grants access for 2 adults; additional adults are billed at $100 to $150 per adult.

However, the Ritz Club lounge had a greater number of, and more substantial, food presentations. The Ritz Club lounge also has a broader selection of complimentary alcohol, and it was nice having the option of champagne, wine, mimosas, cocktails, etc.. at each meal.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jun 29, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:07 pm

Booked 2 nights Sakura room in Aug after reading the reviews here. I am from Asia so not too used with tipping. Question: should I tip when the waiter/waitress serve food or drinks in the club? If yes, what would be an appropriate amounts? Many thanks, want to ensure I follow local customs.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmhc
Booked 2 nights Sakura room in Aug after reading the reviews here. I am from Asia so not too used with tipping. Question: should I tip when the waiter/waitress serve food or drinks in the club? If yes, what would be an appropriate amounts? Many thanks, want to ensure I follow local customs.
I did not, and would not, tip at this establishment.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:33 am

Have an upcoming 2 night Sakura Club stay, will leave updates!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:22 pm

Finished a 2 night stay in a Sakura Club room here....it was even better than my first stay at the Conrad. The Sakura Club continues to be phenomenal. I intend to stay at the Ritz Club Lounge level in West End at some point, but I think the Sakura Club sets the bar for hotel lounges in DC, if not globally.
Abidjan likes this.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jul 16, 2019 at 5:02 am
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:14 am

A couple notes from my stay:

- F&B at the Sakura Lounge was even better than what I recall from my last visit. Food is prepared fresh daily, and usually from organic ingredients. Can really taste the difference.
- Every lunch/dinner currently has a country/regional cuisine theme. They currently have Japanese, English, Moroccan/Middle Eastern, and South American themes, although they hope to add more in the future.
- Lunch was just as excellent as dinner, with just 1-2 fewer "buffet" items, no chef's station selection. Same number of desserts.
- Sunday breakfast is now from 6:30am to 2pm, and they add additional brunch items at 10:30am, including jumbo lump crap cakes, eggs benedict, fried chicken & waffles.
- Sunday dinner is typically a themed "family style" dinner. Food quality was no less excellent.
- The lounge has added freshly baked cookies, like at the Ritz Carlton Club lounge, although they're not replenished and not as in great quantity and variety as at the Ritz.
- Can't self pour alcohol, but I still received generous portions of Japanese whiskey, mimosas, rum, etc..
- All of the staff at the Sakura Club are excellent. Very warm service without feeling artificial or too intrusive.

I don't think you would get the full Conrad DC experience without booking a Sakura Club level room. This hotel wouldn't be my top choice as a Diamond unless I had to stay in this particular area of DC.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jul 16, 2019 at 5:20 am
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:42 pm

Sunday night, family style dinner, "English" menu theme

Monday lunch, "Moroccan/Middle Eastern" menu theme
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Great report and pictures, iluvdoco!
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Great report and pictures, iluvdoco!
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.