Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Went on the chat and got this info:
"I really apologize that you haven't received the points for this promotion for which you are already enrolled. However I am creating a case file regarding this matter so that our dedicated Honors team will investigate the case and will provide you the resolution within 48 to 72 hours and will contact you via email."

I had two reservation for the same hotel, day after day, one for points, second for points and cash and they were checked out separately so who knows, maybe I can get miles for two stays instead of one. It worked in Oman before.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
My miles and more balance updated last night so yours might have too. Up to 35k miles with a target of 75k in total for this promotion. Next stage will be what can I do with 75k miles haha, I'm hoarding without a plan...
Richmond_Surrey likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by snevillio
My miles and more balance updated last night so yours might have too. Up to 35k miles with a target of 75k in total for this promotion. Next stage will be what can I do with 75k miles haha, I'm hoarding without a plan...
Just checked and mine posted too. Cheers! ^
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Zurich
I contacted DD today by email inqirying for missing 2’500 miles after my completed stay on points. I addressed the fact that T&C do not exclude stays on point for being eligible for bonus miles. They opened a ticket and I was told that another department will investigate and come back to me. Let’s see...
Originally Posted by more4less
+1
Three award stays here, let´s see the result from Zurich´s initiative
I got a reply from "[email protected]": "Dear xxxx, Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your Hilton Honors account. Upon further review of your inquiry, per the Honors T&C, members will not earn miles for Reward Stays. We show your stay at the Hilton at the Hilton Munich Park from xxx to xxx will not be eligible to earn stay miles. The stay was booked as a Reward Stay. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for you continuing support of Hilton and the Hilton Honors guest reward program. Sincerely, xxx, Coordinator- Member Services"

Honestly, I did not find any exclusion for reward stays in the T&C regarding this promotion. Did one of you?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:36 am

Honestly, I did not find any exclusion for reward stays in the T&C regarding this promotion.
Back in the Points & Miles days, award stays did not earn miles. I don't see any reason HH would have become more generous when the industry is trending the other way.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:44 am

I got a reply from "[email protected]": "Dear xxxx, Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your Hilton Honors account. Upon further review of your inquiry, per the Honors T&C, members will not earn miles for Reward Stays. We show your stay at the Hilton at the Hilton Munich Park from xxx to xxx will not be eligible to earn stay miles. The stay was booked as a Reward Stay. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for you continuing support of Hilton and the Hilton Honors guest reward program. Sincerely, xxx, Coordinator- Member Services"

Honestly, I did not find any exclusion for reward stays in the T&C regarding this promotion. Did one of you?
Did you have any incidental spending during your Hilton stays that generated some Honors points posting when the stay posted to your account?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Yes I did. And points posted for this Equally, stay credit posted as expected.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks for the update and for the efforts Zurich
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marschel
Yes, if you let the people at the front desk add the Miles & More # to your account. Make sure the Miles & More # is on the bill.
I see that at least a couple of you have done this. We just checked into a hotel which we'd booked before adding the M&M # to my husband's account. So at checkin, I asked them to add it. The front desk clerk wasn't sure how to do it, so she said she'd find out. She just called the room and said she was told it wasn't possible and I need to call Honors customer service. Can anyone suggest exactly what I should be asking them to add to the reservation so it will show up on the bill?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is it still possible to book this deal? I know that one can earn on stays until some point in the Autumn, but I completely forgot what the booking window is. At least I have a couple of stays booked. Hope I get the miles and points without any difficulties. Should work ok, as I've never had any problems in the past and M&M has been the only FFP in my profile.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I got the same letter rejecting miles for reward stays. One of the stays was cash and points and I got HHpoints for it.

"Per the Honors T&C, members will not earn miles for Reward Stays.
We show that your stay at the Hilton Guam from September 1, 2018 to September 3, 2018 will not be eligible to earn the Lufthansa promotional miles as the stay was booked as a Reward Stay.

Should you require further assistance, please contact the Hilton Customer Service Center at the address or telephone number listed below. Any Honors Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your continuing support of Hilton and the Hilton Honors guest reward program."

I replied complaining that Points and Miles programme was abandoned so I don't see how they can apply rules of something that doesn't exist any more. I don't see anything in current T&C mentioning not earning miles for reward stays. https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Sep 23, 2018 at 2:39 pm
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is it still possible to book this deal? I know that one can earn on stays until some point in the Autumn, but I completely forgot what the booking window is. At least I have a couple of stays booked. Hope I get the miles and points without any difficulties. Should work ok, as I've never had any problems in the past and M&M has been the only FFP in my profile.
yes, until 31st of october.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's what I thought, somehow. However, I can't find the offer any more on the M&M site, because it's not under "current promotions". Maybe it's under the hotels section of Earning Miles. It would be good to have a link here, ideally in the first post, but I didn't find one on the first page of this thread. I admit I didn't search thoroughly, because I'm very short of time before my next trip!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ehallison
I see that at least a couple of you have done this. We just checked into a hotel which we'd booked before adding the M&M # to my husband's account. So at checkin, I asked them to add it. The front desk clerk wasn't sure how to do it, so she said she'd find out. She just called the room and said she was told it wasn't possible and I need to call Honors customer service. Can anyone suggest exactly what I should be asking them to add to the reservation so it will show up on the bill?
Ask again after shift change. It's not rocket science.

Originally Posted by Concerto
That's what I thought, somehow. However, I can't find the offer any more on the M&M site, because it's not under "current promotions". Maybe it's under the hotels section of Earning Miles. It would be good to have a link here, ideally in the first post, but I didn't find one on the first page of this thread. I admit I didn't search thoroughly, because I'm very short of time before my next trip!
Have you heard of Google? Someone mentioned the link on the previous page (post #68 ).
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marschel
Ask again after shift change. It's not rocket science.
That's exactly what I did the next morning and the new clerk had no problem adding it. However, it didn't print on the bill later when we checked out, which concerned me. It was the same guy, and he assured me it was on the reservation and even invited me to peek at the screen so I could verify it. I hope the miles post without having to chase them down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.