Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

getting exec lounge access without exec room?

Old Aug 10, 18, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA

I have a trip to Hilton Place Sorrento coming up. Seems an amazing place (and got it for amazing price, pointwise).

They seem to have two lounges, at two tiers. I asked for about an upgrade to the executive lounge (which is supposed to be amazing, has booze all day and its own pool) as a Diamond, and they said "they have 200 diamonds coming" and would need to upgrade to exec room (200 eur/night...)

I am reasonably new to diamond, I have been at a few stays where did not get the exec room but they still gave me lounge access.

What is my best strategy to get access to this lounge (without paying too much, or anything)
Old Aug 10, 18, 7:48 am

As a Diamond you have Lounge access even if you don't get an upgrade to the executive floor.
Old Aug 10, 18, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
As a Diamond you have Lounge access even if you don't get an upgrade to the executive floor.
1. Is that a rule of the program or a "best effort" type thing?
2. I think/suspect they have two lounges here so they can offer "a lounge" to the pesky diamonds and leave the better lounge to those that pay extra (well especially in busy times...)
Old Aug 10, 18, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by seaskybound View Post
1. Is that a rule of the program or a "best effort" type thing?
Have you read the "rules of the program"?
Tiers and Benefits - Hilton Honors Loyalty Rewards
Old Aug 10, 18, 9:36 am

Is this like the Rome Cavalieri used to be, where there is a lounge for DIamonds and an even posher lounge for those who book an exec room?
Old Aug 10, 18, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pjh104 View Post
Is this like the Rome Cavalieri used to be, where there is a lounge for DIamonds and an even posher lounge for those who book an exec room?
No, since it is a Hilton branded hotel, thus "Hilton" rules apply. Rome Cavalieri is considered part of the Waldorf Astoria collection, different rules.
Old Aug 10, 18, 12:41 pm

It's a rule. I just copied this from the My Way benefts page on hhonors.com:

"** Executive Lounge Access Policy
The following policy will apply at all Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.....If you are a Diamond Hilton Honors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor. "
Old Aug 10, 18, 2:04 pm
:D!
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA*G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver, Hilton Spire
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
No, since it is a Hilton branded hotel, thus "Hilton" rules apply. Rome Cavalieri is considered part of the Waldorf Astoria collection, different rules.
Nonetheless, as long as they give diamonds some sort of lounge access they will be complying with the rules and/or Hilton isn't going to do anything about it.

Thought this was the case at the Conrad Singapore - but reading that thread it seems like they backpedaled and both lounges will accessible to Diamonds once they are opened?
Old Aug 10, 18, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Nonetheless, as long as they give diamonds some sort of lounge access they will be complying with the rules and/or Hilton isn't going to do anything about it.

Thought this was the case at the Conrad Singapore - but reading that thread it seems like they backpedaled and both lounges will accessible to Diamonds once they are opened?
Sort of, please read the specific language posted above my comments.. It is supposed to the access to the Executive (Floor Level) Lounge. The Singapore situation has been a cluster, but seems to have been resolved. Also, in some instances the lounge might be on another floor, but still called the "Executive Lounge", a la Hilton Berlin, for example.
Old Aug 10, 18, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA MP HH
If you do a search for the Hilton Sorrento thread, you will see many discussions on this. Unkes you buy into the upper lounge, you get the lower lounge.
Old Aug 11, 18, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
I think this is exactly the case. Two lounges. One a posh one (alcohol all day and it's own pool!) called Settimo Club Lounge. And one a simpler one for the Diamond masses (called executive lounge??)

Would love any "ammo" from the Hilton regulations to push (politely! as I always do) at check in or post check in for access.

Honestly when I booked I was sure I would have access to this better lounge (and hence did not consider premium for an exec lounge room)