Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having mobile check-in issues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:48 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond

I've had three consecutive stays at different hotels in the NYC area, and only the first has allowed me to do check-in from the app on the phone. The second never offered the option of check-in on the app, and on the website when I attempted to check-in kept telling me my session had expired. The third didn't show check-in on the app either, but I was able to do so on the website. Still can't request a digital key though.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:02 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Called the Diamond desk and the rep was, as expected, unsure. She thought it might be because I booked a AAA rate and there's a note on the reservation saying I have to show the card at check-in so that might be why. Of course I've never had that problem before for any other AAA rate booking.

So she called the hotel on my behalf and they said it's because the room isn't ready yet. I explained that's just not how digital key works, I can't even *request* the key. So now I'm being transferred to "Internet customer care".

Sigh.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

So "Internet Customer Care" says it's because I did online (via the website) check-in on the day of arrival and that means I'm not eligible to request a digital key. You have to do it the day before. Which is also not correct.

Good grief. I love Hilton IT and phone support.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

I reinstalled the app. It fixed it.

Place bets on how long before I hear back from Hilton IT about the support ticket opened by "Internet customer care", and whether that email has anything useful in it.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
To answer your question, I've never had an issue using online check in. To go a bit off topic, I've quit using online check in for a couple of reasons: you can't get comp upgrades, and I usually can't tell much of the layout of the hotel, making it hard to decide where I want to stay.

What benefit do you see to OLCI?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by eric_o
What benefit do you see to OLCI?
For this stay? The hotel is notorious for having terribly long check-in lines, and doesn't upgrade other than to a higher floor. If I do OLCI + digital key I can bypass the entire front desk mess and go straight to my room.

For other stays? Your phone buzzes when your room is ready, and that often happens right at noon. If I'm on a vacation trip and we just want to get into our room early we can instantly know when the room is ready. The vast majority of those stays are at Hampton Inns where upgrades aren't a thing anyway.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.