FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Nicest Hilton Garden Inn? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1923665-nicest-hilton-garden-inn.html)

Hoser912 Aug 5, 2018 7:46 pm

Nicest Hilton Garden Inn?

Hi, I have a certificate for a free night at HGI and I’d like to use it wisely. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

evergrn Aug 5, 2018 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Hoser912 (Post 30051424)
Hi, I have a certificate for a free night at HGI and I’d like to use it wisely. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

omg this is such a broad question!
Which part of the world/country are you looking for?

While there are some variations amongst different properties, HGI's tend to be probably the most cookie cutter Hilton brand.
So very generally speaking, the best HGI's are the ones that are newly-opened/renovated.

Hoser912 Aug 6, 2018 12:39 am

Originally Posted by evergrn (Post 30051774)
omg this is such a broad question!
Which part of the world/country are you looking for?

While there are some variations amongst different properties, HGI's tend to be probably the most cookie cutter Hilton brand.
So very generally speaking, the best HGI's are the ones that are newly-opened/renovated.

I travel a lot and will be in Asia, Europe and the US thsi year so I’m pretty flexible

fransknorge Aug 6, 2018 1:11 am

Honestly this is a non sense question, sorry for being so blunt. If you have a free night certificate, willing to use it anywhere in the world, just pick a destination you want to visit that also happens to have an HGI. HGI is a boring but predictable brand, perfectly functional and not something to get out of your way to experience.

eric_o Aug 6, 2018 4:21 am

I agree with the others about what you'll get from any HGI. I'd say pick the most exciting location you can find and stay in the nearest HGI.

craigthemif Aug 6, 2018 4:37 am

I disagree. I think you should spend thousands to fly half way around the world to experience your one free night at a HGI. :D

The fact is... you should go wherever you feel like and compare against other options for booking that same HGI. (i.e. Bali at 5K points per night would be a waste of a free night voucher)

zack14 Aug 6, 2018 5:24 am

Don't waste your free night at a Hilton Garden Inn.

Norri Aug 6, 2018 5:30 am

What else would you use an HGI certificate for?

arlflyer Aug 6, 2018 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Norri (Post 30052432)
What else would you use an HGI certificate for?

Well, OP said they wanted to use it wisely, so I guess the converse would be to just squander it.

If OP wanted to start a thread on the worst HGIs at which to wastefully burn a free certificate, I'm sure there would be some hilarious responses.

But seriously, though, pretty ridiculous thread. If OP is traveling all over a bunch of continents, they should just look at their destinations, see which location has the highest hotel room rates and the presence of an HGI, and use it there, thus maximizing value in the form of averted expenditure.

AleTrail Aug 6, 2018 8:04 am

I thought the HGI in Portland, ME was pretty good.
Easy parking, right next to everything you want, huge rooms - some with views over the harbour and a decent bar with some excellent craft beers.

thibderoc Aug 6, 2018 8:13 am

The french soccer team who became World Champions spent a few weeks at the Hilton Garden Inn Moscow New Riga..
It seems they enjoyed it a lot

:D :D :D

MADPhil Aug 6, 2018 8:18 am

The HGI in Dublin, IE is pretty good if you don't need to park. Excellent location and breakfast.

dulciusexasperis Aug 6, 2018 9:18 am

I usually choose where I will go based on my interests, nothing else. To ask 'where is the best HGI' and use that as the basis of deciding where you will go is ludicrous. To use the word 'wisely' in the same qustion, is doubly ludicrous.

chongl Aug 6, 2018 10:28 am

The one in FRA airport is pretty decent

calmasahinducow Aug 6, 2018 11:14 am

There's actually a pretty good objective answer to this. The Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown is a beautiful restored historic building right next to the Milwaukee market and the river. It's nothing like any other HGI I've ever stayed at. Number 1 traveler ranked hotel in the entire city on TripAdvisor right now.

I will admit that Dublin location looks nice!