Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I did a couple of stays here. Didn't try breakfast but needed late checkout. The pool is small but looks decent. When the pool bar opens in December it might be cool for an hour or two. Aircon was noisy, as FFlash mentions above. The view in the first room was very good.
Many of the key staff (the ones that wanted to interact) are training the current staff with Hilton culture. They are from Conrad Samui, Hilton Pattaya and many of them are leaving this week. The real test will be when they're gone but I'll definitely be back.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Thought we would try the new Doubletree Ploenchit for the first night of our wedding anniversary holiday to Thailand.
Manager kindly upgraded us to the new Terrace Suite.
Apparently we are the first guests to ever stay in it as it was only finished today and very nice and cosy it is too.
Suite still smells very new and fresh and I am very impressed.
We only checked in an hour ago and room seems very quiet, we received a warm welcome and the usual Doubletree cookies
Below are some photos for any Flyertalkers that are interested.

Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Very nice looking. Was the terrace enclosed with windows? The only think that would annoy me, is no proper coffee machine
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
No Terrace was accessed by patio doors from bedroom only ( not lounge )
Terrace was open
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I wanted to try a new property and I did. Encountered several issues and I would NOT return to this property.
  • Checked in around 2.45 PM and a room (King size bed) was not ready. I asked for another room that was available. Eventually, I got a room on the 23rd floor with a double bed room (renovated).
  • I was profusely sweating as I walked from BTS Ploenchit station. Unlikely other Bangkok 4*+, no cold towels or drink were presented. I asked for some towels and the check-in crew were frantically collecting and handed me with toilet hand wash paper towers. Apologized profusely.
  • Wifi internet connection very first time or two was extremely slow.
  • Elevators were hot and humid as if you are walking to the outside. no AC. Elevator exterior to the pool/fitness area was not complete, i.e., holes around the panels.
  • Biggest complaints: Room has a motion detector. When you are sleep with no motion, AC goes off to automatic setting to 27C or so. When you return from day's activities, the room was extremeley and unpleasantly warm. Called for service twice and I was told that they could not manually fix to lower the temp to keep it low to 22C due to a motion sensor.
  • simliarly, hallway is warm-to-hot as well. AC is not properly equipped across the hallways, elevators, and rooms.
  • Did not try breakfast, bars, so I can't contribute.
  • Stay Points are missing. Put in a request to Hilton.com last Sunday and so far, no resolution.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I really did want to like this property! Stayed here last weekend. Might give it a couple of months and try one more time.

Booked a one bedroom terrace suite. Not offered an upgrade at checkin, the only thing higher would have been two bedroom. Not expected, so didn't bother me.
This place is not ready for guests. The paint/chemical smell is horrible. If you have any respiratory illness, avoid for awhile.
The room description on the website states that the room I reserved came with one full bath, and one guest. After two days in the room, I gave up looking for the guest bath. They hid it well.
Staff was clueless, not able to answer basic questions.
Construction noted to start at 7:45 am, and I could still hear banging at 9:45 pm. Calls to front desk only warranted, they stop at 5 pm. Hummm. It's 9:45. But they stop at 5:00.
One egg guy on duty from breakfast on Sat and Sun morning, yes, it took awhile.
Two elevators for the whole property?
Crappy AC system. Motion sensored. Woke up twice at night sweating.

I did love the room and terrace. Well thought out/designed/furnished. The terrace was huge. It was a nicer weekend (not that hot) so spent a fair amount of time out there to escape noise in the room.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 7:43 pm

Morning all. Just at this property.

Overall actually pleasantly surprised.

Checked in online. Upgraded from the basic level room to King Premium Room. Used online check-in for room 2413. Quiet room, corner with just service area beside it, so no neighbours.

Arrived around 14:00. Room not ready was offered another one, but this would be connecting room, so decided to wait, only 20 minutes.

Lifts are small and hot as noted. Really not enough for such a large property. Also, staff use these lifts to get to staff area on 5th floor.

Room is good size, with nice sofa area and bathroom well laid out. Issue with bathroom is that the shower does not drain, flooding the bathroom, have reported this. Only basic coffee, no Nespresso etc.
Had no issues with air-con. I had on 26oC at night and worked fine. I turned it off sometimes during day when in the room.

Biggest issue pool is closed, and gym closed at 1830. This was not informed at check in, and I only found out when I went to use the pool.

Happy hour for Diamond and Gold 1800-1900, wine, beer, 3 cocktails and soft drinks.

Breakfast good spread.

Staff all very friendly.

For the price I would use again.

Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:13 am

Pool update - closed for next 2-3 months
Old Dec 25, 2019, 5:41 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Beware.... Worst hilton branded property ever... Unless u book/get an upgrade to a renovated room.

Pool closed as he reported. Was given a room on floor 8. The place looks like a dump.

Wanted to check out immediately....
Staff is nice and literally begged me to stay.
I wouldn't risk to book a lower category room here. No information about the closed pool on the website. Safety box not wall mounted even in the renovated rooms.... Had several bookings but cancelled all. Maybe I'll give it a try in one year again. Staff is ashamed by the conditon.

Old Dec 25, 2019, 6:44 am

That is awful

Wow Cln that is truly awful. How can they even think about selling rooms in that state. It is night and day compared to the renovated areas!
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:10 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
First pictures were not inside the room but outside the room on the hallway... Nevertheless unacceptable. We arrived early morning, no higher category room was available at that time... Just went to bed after a long trip. I just realized the whole mess after waking up in the afternoon. Of course we were moved to a renovated room.

I am so happy i had only booked a short stay to try the hotel.... What a fail. I was looking forward to the swimming pool as well....
Old Dec 26, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Also stayed here last week and had a bad experience. Arrived at midday after a nightflight from Europe and just wanted to sleep. Was told my room on 14th floor ( highest floor available for online check in) wasn't ready and to come back at 2pm and to go and have lunch..came back at 2pm and was told that room had a leak, so was put on a room on the 9th floor. I asked about a Diamond upgrade and was told this was an upgrade. I then said as long as it's quiet as I hadn't slept for 24 hours and was assured it was. We had our child with us and was told the extra bed would be right up. After 30 mins, no bed so called reception. A woman knocked on the door and said it's in the lift, coming and eventually after another 30 mins it came. Then finally settled to sleep and drilling started right outside the room where I assume the pool's being built. The sound was so loud and vibrating that it shook the bed.

Went to reception, trying to stay calm and asked for either a quiet room or to check out with refund and go elsewhere. Finally, got upgraded to 22nd floor which was quiet, a renovated room. Personally, I don't think they should be selling those lower floors to anyone until the renovations are complete.

Anyway, I won't be back, disappointed how it was all handled, left with a bad impression overall.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Any service recovery from hilton or the hotel?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teo1991
I never asked for (nor was I offered) any service recovery. I suppose they did make it right eventually. Will just stay clear of this place next time.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by teo1991
?? For what? The OP got a quiet room at the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.