Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Refer a friend? Fast track gold to diamond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Does Hilton have a refer a friend programme? I googled around and saw mentions of it and couldn't find it on their website.
UK-based if it matters.

I have gold status from the amex platinum, is there a way to fast track to diamond without doing 60 nights? (Status matching challenge doesn't apply for me)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:24 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Not for the past several years, and see this thread

Also 30 stays of average less than 2 nights each, is faster than 60 nights
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by edot8
Does Hilton have a refer a friend programme? I googled around and saw mentions of it and couldn't find it on their website.
UK-based if it matters.

I have gold status from the amex platinum, is there a way to fast track to diamond without doing 60 nights? (Status matching challenge doesn't apply for me)
There is a way to fast track to Diamond without doing a Status match. I completed a fast track to Diamond Challenge which required 10 stays within 90 days. If you have some travel coming up that might meet this requirement, all you need to do is contact Hilton Honors and ask if there is a fast track challenge. This challenge did not match my status at another hotel and was easy to complete since I spent about 3 weeks on the road.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
There is a way to fast track to Diamond without doing a Status match. I completed a fast track to Diamond Challenge which required 10 stays within 90 days. If you have some travel coming up that might meet this requirement, all you need to do is contact Hilton Honors and ask if there is a fast track challenge. This challenge did not match my status at another hotel and was easy to complete since I spent about 3 weeks on the road.
Thanks for the information.

Just to clarify do all Hilton hotels count towards this?
And I have a few other scenarios/questions:
Can I check out and then check in to the same hotel day after day and it count as different stays?
If not, then do different Hilton hotels within the same city back to back count as different stays?

I have a trip coming up that is over 11 days and a definite 3 stays. I was wondering if I could just break it up and complete the challenge without much work.
1 night in guangzhou
5 nights in Osaka
4 nights in guangzhou
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by edot8
Thanks for the information.

Just to clarify do all Hilton hotels count towards this?
And I have a few other scenarios/questions:
Can I check out and then check in to the same hotel day after day and it count as different stays?
If not, then do different Hilton hotels within the same city back to back count as different stays?

I have a trip coming up that is over 11 days and a definite 3 stays. I was wondering if I could just break it up and complete the challenge without much work.
1 night in guangzhou
5 nights in Osaka
4 nights in guangzhou
My understanding is that each hotel stay is counted as 1 stay regardless of how many nights you are at that hotel, so checking in and out won't work. I had two nights in Niagara Falls Canada and stayed at two different hotels rather than 1 since it would only count as 1 stay. It's a pain to do, but if possible stay at a different hotel each night you are in those cities to get the required number of stays to make Diamond. We stayed at 8 different hotels in 13 days, 7 of which were Hilton Brands. All of their brands count towards the challenge. Good luck!
edot8 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:07 pm

Why go through all the hassle now when you can just pay $450 for diamond, a night stay, $400 worth of Hilton points, and $500 in credits and use up much of that on your planned stays (w/aspire)?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy

Originally Posted by B3nder
Why go through all the hassle now when you can just pay $450 for diamond, a night stay, $400 worth of Hilton points, and $500 in credits and use up much of that on your planned stays (w/aspire)?
Read again... I'm UK based. So no aspire card for me.
Staley Cornell likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:47 pm

Oops missed that, sorry. Makes sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.