Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Tru by Hilton satisfaction guarantee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHonors

Does anyone know if Tru has a 100% satisfaction guarantee similar to Hampton?
I had a “ really” disappointing stay last week in Deadwood, South Dakota. It was obvious to me the property shouldn’t have even been open for business yet. But with Bike Week happening in nearby Sturgis in a couple weeks, I think they opened anyway.
My contact (via web) to the HiltonHonors desk (I’m Diamond) resulted in a very quick email response offering me 10,000 points. I’m not thrilled. Is it worth contacting them again? I really think I’m entitled to a refund. $126.
Happy to provide details of the 7 instances where the property failed, but don’t want to make a long post any longer.
Thanks.
(Disclosure: I’m not new here, but haven’t posted in several years and FlyerTalk didn’t recognize my account recovery attempts)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Thank you for your explanation your last sentence. Otherwise, I might assume that you are another new FT'er that starts an account, just to rip a travel provider, never to be heard from again.

Here is the Tru Promise: Meet Tru | The Tru Promise

Did you give the hotel a chance to fix your issues during your stay?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHonors
Short of closing the place and walking everyone to another property, they couldn’t resolve the issues.
25 minutes to check in. And I was first in line. “ Bob isn’t here and he has the password for the terminal that makes the room key”. I had the digital key. But “ we haven’t synced that to the elevators yet and you need a key to access the guest floors”. Speaking of elevators, they hadn’t been inspected yet. I overheard a worker saying the “ guy will be here next week for the inspection “.
And my favorite: After an initial “ I’ll be right with you” greeting, the next words out of the desk agents mouth: “ You! Get over here!”
Blood stain on the pillow case. In fairness, it was relatively small and I could see how it was missed.
The elevator lobby was coated in dry wall dust,. Understandable, since the walls weren’t complete yet. So it stuck to our luggage. And the next morning they were hosing it down, so the dust turned to paste. On the luggage. And onnthe carpet in our vehicle.
Employee entered the room without knocking as I exited the bathroom half dressed. “ Oh!. I wondered if this room was ready yet”.
I heard an employee on the elevator with me. Yelling. “ Who is our Hilton Revenue Management person? I need them now!”. ( Not sure what that was about?)
And finding our car in the morning. Blocked by big trucks up on jacks delivering...more drywall. That’s what we get for parking in the special Diamond spot, I guess. The guy spraying water in the lot was nice enough to direct the stream 3 feet from the car as we loaded up.
So...no. I didn’t join the 7-8 people in line to complain in the morning. We were ready to get out of the place.

Other than that it was a fine stay!
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:01 am
jrx
Hilton Contributor Badge

That checks just about every box. Safety issues, multiple cleanliness issues, disorganization, staff training issues, professionalism, etc. Clearly not ready for prime time. In a case like this, the damage being done to the brand in the name of greed outweighs what they would make from opening early, and compensation should reflect that. Not only was your stay a disaster, but the hotel inadvertently damaged your luggage and floor mats. 10,000 points is an insult.

Call the Diamond Desk and ask to speak to a supervisor. Then explain the situation in detail, and tell them that the 10,000 points is an insult. Tell them what YOU feel you want. (Total refund to your card? Written apology for sloppy business practices? 50,000 points? Be My Guest Certificate?)

Also, if they are operating the elevator(s) without certificates of inspection, that’s a HUGE no-no. Tell the Diamond Desk about this, and tell them that you will be forwarding that info to the appropriate regulatory authorities. Follow through with that as well. If they are cheating there, what are they doing with life safety systems like smoke detectors, sprinklers, and fire alarms? (Many times these are deactivated during construction to avoid false alarms from .... drumroll .... drywall dust. You didn’t happen to see any drywall dust at the property now, did you?)

IAHtraveler and PeteColumbia like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.