Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Free Weekend Night Certificate Question

Free Weekend Night Certificate Question

    Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 14, 19, 12:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
Hilton customer service has said by email that the 12 month expiration date on a certificate means you must complete the stay within 12 months. You can't reserve something beyond the 12 month period.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jul 24, 18, 3:22 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 40
thank you....thought I replied but I don't see it....will make separate reservations
mileageplusorminus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 18, 4:37 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
I do this every year. Sometimes I book the entire stay on points and have one weekend night switched to the certificate and get the points reinstated.
Just to clarify, if I want to use the 5th night free benefit, I can book 5 nights using points (equal to 4 nights) and then change one of the nights to a weekend night certificate and get the points reinstated?
rct12345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 18, 5:29 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: BNA (Nashville)
Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,769
Originally Posted by rct12345 View Post
Just to clarify, if I want to use the 5th night free benefit, I can book 5 nights using points (equal to 4 nights) and then change one of the nights to a weekend night certificate and get the points reinstated?
now that I donít know. You might have to call and get that done.
bitterproffit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 18, 6:54 pm
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Posts: 12,443
Originally Posted by rct12345 View Post
Just to clarify, if I want to use the 5th night free benefit, I can book 5 nights using points (equal to 4 nights) and then change one of the nights to a weekend night certificate and get the points reinstated?
My memory is that you cannot substitute a cert for points when booking 5th night free.
jerry a. laska is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 18, 11:34 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post


now that I donít know. You might have to call and get that done.
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
My memory is that you cannot substitute a cert for points when booking 5th night free.
Thanks for the replies. That would be too good to be true
rct12345 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 18, 8:39 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DEN/SFO/PVG
Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 17,048
FYI, post systems change agents cannot book these carts right now. Spent over an hour with the Diamond desk to redeem to no avail. They said check back in a few days.

When I explained that the inability to book is holding up my booking airfare the agent suggested I book a refundable airfare and call back in a week. I inquired about booking a points night and returning the points when they can attach the certs later on to ensure I have the hotel space agent said, ďthereís no guarantee that will work just like I canít gaurantee when the system will work again.Ē

mnredfox is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 18, 2:20 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 63
Today is 12/10, the weekend FN certificate still isn't fixed! Anyone else having trouble using these certs?
dereck062 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 8:44 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 300
I just booked a reservation using a certificate with no problems.
sethweinstein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 18, 5:52 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 247
Not sure if anyone knows if there’s a way to escalate an issue to Hilton customer service. Had a free night certificate attached to a reservation that was cancelled in October and certificate was supposed to be returned to account. Tried to make a reservation on December 2 and was told a known system glitch occurred and certificates were not redeposited back to account but they created a help ticket and would be fixed in 7-10 business days and to call back. Called 3 weeks later and was told nothing has been done on account. Agent couldn’t get a hold of a supervisor so said to call back later in the day. Fast forward to today several days later and spoke to multiple agents who said there is nothing they could do but try calling again later with no estimate on when the issue would be fixed. Just keep calling back. Tried to escalate it to someone with authority to get something done and was placed on hold for another 15 minutes and then just hung up on. After 3 phone calls over an hour each time I don’t think it’s acceptable to keep calling back and to be hung up on. Anyone having a similar issue or know who I can contact to get real assistance. I’m trying to book a hotel and I’m afraid by the time the issue is resolved there won’t be availability.
AICML is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 3:08 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Posts: 1,027
Originally Posted by AICML View Post
Not sure if anyone knows if thereís a way to escalate an issue to Hilton customer service. Had a free night certificate attached to a reservation that was cancelled in October and certificate was supposed to be returned to account. Tried to make a reservation on December 2 and was told a known system glitch occurred and certificates were not redeposited back to account but they created a help ticket and would be fixed in 7-10 business days and to call back. Called 3 weeks later and was told nothing has been done on account. Agent couldnít get a hold of a supervisor so said to call back later in the day. Fast forward to today several days later and spoke to multiple agents who said there is nothing they could do but try calling again later with no estimate on when the issue would be fixed. Just keep calling back. Tried to escalate it to someone with authority to get something done and was placed on hold for another 15 minutes and then just hung up on. After 3 phone calls over an hour each time I donít think itís acceptable to keep calling back and to be hung up on. Anyone having a similar issue or know who I can contact to get real assistance. Iím trying to book a hotel and Iím afraid by the time the issue is resolved there wonít be availability.
I have had the same experience as well. It's pretty disappoiting. I thought we were getting a great deal with the aspire card but we have to pay for that "great deal" with a lot of hassle and wasted time. There are far fewer places to use these certificates unlike the 50k night from Marriott. I have both cards. Earlier I thought I'd cancel the SPG Luxury and now I'm thinking I will cancel the aspire.
mintcilantro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 6:36 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,290
Originally Posted by AICML View Post
Not sure if anyone knows if thereís a way to escalate an issue to Hilton customer service. Had a free night certificate attached to a reservation that was cancelled in October and certificate was supposed to be returned to account. Tried to make a reservation on December 2 and was told a known system glitch occurred and certificates were not redeposited back to account but they created a help ticket and would be fixed in 7-10 business days and to call back. Called 3 weeks later and was told nothing has been done on account. Agent couldnít get a hold of a supervisor so said to call back later in the day. Fast forward to today several days later and spoke to multiple agents who said there is nothing they could do but try calling again later with no estimate on when the issue would be fixed. Just keep calling back. Tried to escalate it to someone with authority to get something done and was placed on hold for another 15 minutes and then just hung up on. After 3 phone calls over an hour each time I donít think itís acceptable to keep calling back and to be hung up on. Anyone having a similar issue or know who I can contact to get real assistance. Iím trying to book a hotel and Iím afraid by the time the issue is resolved there wonít be availability.
Message via Twitter for best results.
smmrfld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:21 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 4,868
I've got a question about getting your first certificate after getting the Aspire card...if it's true that it takes several weeks (I think I read 8-12?) does that mean that then becomes the anniversary date for future certificates instead of the anniversary date when you first got the card?
Eujeanie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:21 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 79
Send a tweet via Twitter or post on the Hilton Honors page. Social media rumblings/complaints get fast responses from the Hilton. Good luck!
Cat88L3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:24 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
I've got a question about getting your first certificate after getting the Aspire card...if it's true that it takes several weeks (I think I read 8-12?) does that mean that then becomes the anniversary date for future certificates instead of the anniversary date when you first got the card?

No. You received a certificate when you first open the account and then you receive an annual weekend certificate on your anniversary date of when you opened the card.
Cat88L3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:38 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 4,868
Any actual DP's as to how long after opening the account the certificate comes?
Eujeanie is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread