Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Stayed at the Hilton The Walk Dubai and as a Diamond member and I was treated very well. I read the comments on Trip Advisor and yes the lobby is small, but I do not sleep or spend time in the lobby. The suite I was upgraded too was beautiful, clean and comfortable. When I checked in the General Manager was called and introduced himself to me. I enjoyed the service as the staff were professional, friendly and very helpful. As a Canadian I liked the fact there was a Tim Horton in the lobby, that would be a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks for my American friends. I did go across the street to the Hilton Jumeirah Dubai which is very nice, great pool and lobby. I had access to their facilities as I think its the same operators or management team.

As far as the executive lounge, I know i enjoyed it however i cannot remember what it looked like. So far my favorite executive lounge in Dubai is at the Hilton Sharjah where its on the top floor with a great view of the lagoon. I hope to be back at either one this upcoming February.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
So I have a choice between the Walk or the Jumeirah. I chose the Walk, and from what I can gather is seems like there really isnt much difference in the executive lounge. In addition it sounds like the rooms are better at the Walk and newer so I suppos I will stick with the Walk?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:55 am

I will report on the Conrad and The Walk (and Jumeirah since theyre sort of the same) in my upcoming stays.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
My wife and I stayed at The Walk earlier this year . I think the executive lounge was located on the 35th floor. It has a nice outside seating area with fantastic views over the Marina. Did not try the Jumeriah Executive lounge
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by russ1h
My wife and I stayed at The Walk earlier this year . I think the executive lounge was located on the 35th floor. It has a nice outside seating area with fantastic views over the Marina. Did not try the Jumeriah Executive lounge
No, never been to either Executive Lounge, or either property for that matter. Since its an overnight, I wont be utilizing the beach really all that much so Im interested to know who has the better rooms and executive lounge, that is of course if there is a difference. If Jumeirah has better food in the executive lounge throughout the day I would switch to Jumeirah. But the rooms seems much nicer at The Walk?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:27 am

Got back from the Conrad Dubai. Upgraded to a two bed deluxe suite as a Diamond. Room was very nice. But I was disappointed with the executive lounge. Lounge opens at 7pm. I got there around 8:15 and they were already clearing away the snacks. Whats the point of having snacks out in your executive lounge in the evening if youre going to clear them away in almost less than an hour? I would not return here for the price tag.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:41 am

I just wanted to report back on several stays I had in Dubai. I was very happy and loved The Walk. The staff were so pleasant. The supervisor on duty walked me up to my room, welcomed me back to the Hilton family, had a fruit plate sent up, and then called me 30 minutes later to check on me and make sure everything with the room was sufficient, and asked if I needed anything. The service was absolutely impeccable. Probably some of the best service Ive had at any Hilton around the world (and Ive been to A LOT of Hilton properties worldwide). I was upgraded to a King Loft, and frankly did not want to leave. The Loft was gorgeous. I also like how its sort of a private resort with a business like atmosphere in the lounge, and behind the Jumeirah Beach. It gives it a atmosphere to get work done. Then on top of that, you can just walk and utilize the beach at Jumeirah through the connection bridge. I like the idea of having the choice of getting work down efficiently, or just being able to hang out by the beach if you so choose and cross the bridge. The executive lounge was fine, and middle of the road. Definitely better than the Conrad.

I stayed at the Conrad on another overnight, and was quite disappointed. I actually wouldnt recommend the Conrad to anyone. Its too hyped up in my opinion. The only plus it has is its ease of getting to it by the Dubai Subway. The service at Conrad Dubai is alright. Nothing special to me. I also felt the Conrad lounge was really lacking. Perhaps I set the bar too high? But youd think a Conrad in Dubai of all places would be up on the top top. It was definitely one of the worse Conrads I have stayed at.

Ill be staying at the Hilton Dubai Al-Habtoor City next week and will report back on that experience.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:38 pm

Hilton DXB - JBR/ The Walk or Creek?

Hi Guys,

Was hoping some of the experianced FT's can provide input as to which you would recomend?

I have a 4 day stay in DXB on my travels back to london early June. We have done tourist stuff in the past so this time its shopping, some relaxing and maybe some activities. The wife suggested maybe we stay near the beach but I know she wont visit the pool and will probably spend a evening at the beach probbaly or evening. I will be driving so as long as parking exists it should not be a problem. I was thinking burn some points on this trip and was unsure of which was a better bet.

I can book The Walk which seems to be cheaper on points then the other week but seems to be Studio with no view suggested, might get a upgrade but unlikely. If I am right you have to cross the road? Not sure if as a Gold I get into the Exec Lounge here and what breakfast is like.

The second option is maybe the Jumerah Beach, seems to be the more popular one so I dont think I will again get a room upgrade is slightly more expensive on points, beach seems to be more accessible. Again not sure about Exec Lounge and not sure if its a dated interior?

Third option is maybe stay at Creek or Doubletree at Bashra or The Mall, is less points but small pool and I guess Beach I would have to visit public beach and find parking, not sure if I can visit the Hilton section but very much dont think its the case.

What would you recomend, for me, I like a good breakfast, good interior and service.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:26 pm
cjd

Having stayed at the Jumeirah Hilton on several occasions and Hilton the Walk on our last stay, we much preferred the Walk location. Hilton on the Walk is close to the marina and the beach is accessed via a bridge over the road and through the Jumeirah Hilton. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance at nights. Although the Walk location has a small pool, it was always very quiet compared to the pool and beach at the Jumeirah Hilton. Both of these hotels have Exec lounges, but the Walk Hilton has a slightly bigger lounge. Not sure that as Gold, you would have access. Think you have to be upgraded to an Exec room to get lounge access. Both hotels provide an excellent breakfast buffet. Hilton the Walk has a large covered car park as taxis enter the hotel via the car park which gives entry to the hotel from the marina side. Not sure about how big the car park is at the Jumeirah Beach.
Have also stayed at Hilton Dubai Creek and this hotel is more of a business/boutique hotel. We usually book it for the first couple of nights on arrival as it is very close to the airport. It's very nice, but we would not want to spend a long period there. The rooftop pool is very small and tends to get busy from early morning. Not sure what the parking situation is like at this hotel. Again, as Gold, you should get the full breakfast.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Having stayed at the Jumeirah Hilton on several occasions and Hilton the Walk on our last stay, we much preferred the Walk location. Hilton on the Walk is close to the marina and the beach is accessed via a bridge over the road and through the Jumeirah Hilton. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance at nights. Although the Walk location has a small pool, it was always very quiet compared to the pool and beach at the Jumeirah Hilton. Both of these hotels have Exec lounges, but the Walk Hilton has a slightly bigger lounge. Not sure that as Gold, you would have access. Think you have to be upgraded to an Exec room to get lounge access. Both hotels provide an excellent breakfast buffet. Hilton the Walk has a large covered car park as taxis enter the hotel via the car park which gives entry to the hotel from the marina side. Not sure about how big the car park is at the Jumeirah Beach.
Have also stayed at Hilton Dubai Creek and this hotel is more of a business/boutique hotel. We usually book it for the first couple of nights on arrival as it is very close to the airport. It's very nice, but we would not want to spend a long period there. The rooftop pool is very small and tends to get busy from early morning. Not sure what the parking situation is like at this hotel. Again, as Gold, you should get the full breakfast.
Thanks, have you ever tried the studio's in The Walk? Would you say they were good value? Seems like an alright size room, no balcony but I am only there for a few days so plan on being out more but sleep is important!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have only stayed at the Creek. Had a nice one night stay there in a gigantic suite. Rooftop pool was cool. Adequate breakfast spread. Excellent choice for a quick stay near the airport, but I think for a 4-nighter I'd want to be at the JBR/Walk area.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:47 pm

Which Hilton to stay in Dubai?

We are 3 of us and a small child. Planning to go to Dubai in December , towards the end and return before or around NY. Will stay for about 8 days.

I see 2 Hilton Garden Inns and 2 Double trees that are little cheaper then the other Hiltons. Prefer one that has any fridge and or microwave. I can borrow the later but fridge is standard in most rooms I believe. Not really cooking so don't really need full kitchen.

Which one is good that is close to the metro and has shops such as super market and affordable food options? Budget American chain or Asian restaurants.

I will stay on points and I have Diamond. What kind of room upgrades I can expect ? What about the breakfast?

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I just wanted to report back on several stays I had in Dubai. I was very happy and loved The Walk. The staff were so pleasant. The supervisor on duty walked me up to my room, welcomed me back to the Hilton family, had a fruit plate sent up, and then called me 30 minutes later to check on me and make sure everything with the room was sufficient, and asked if I needed anything. The service was absolutely impeccable. Probably some of the best service Ive had at any Hilton around the world (and Ive been to A LOT of Hilton properties worldwide). I was upgraded to a King Loft, and frankly did not want to leave. The Loft was gorgeous. I also like how its sort of a private resort with a business like atmosphere in the lounge, and behind the Jumeirah Beach. It gives it a atmosphere to get work done. Then on top of that, you can just walk and utilize the beach at Jumeirah through the connection bridge. I like the idea of having the choice of getting work down efficiently, or just being able to hang out by the beach if you so choose and cross the bridge. The executive lounge was fine, and middle of the road. Definitely better than the Conrad.

I stayed at the Conrad on another overnight, and was quite disappointed. I actually wouldnt recommend the Conrad to anyone. Its too hyped up in my opinion. The only plus it has is its ease of getting to it by the Dubai Subway. The service at Conrad Dubai is alright. Nothing special to me. I also felt the Conrad lounge was really lacking. Perhaps I set the bar too high? But youd think a Conrad in Dubai of all places would be up on the top top. It was definitely one of the worse Conrads I have stayed at.

Ill be staying at the Hilton Dubai Al-Habtoor City next week and will report back on that experience.
curious as to what you didnt like about conrad. i am going to dubai in september for 2 nights with my wife (no kids) but we dont plan to spend time at the hotel. have a few trips (desert safari, abudhabhi, burj etc) jammed in so mainly use hotel for sleeping and breakfast. I booked conrad using points as i have ton of them. i have diamond status btw. i want to make sure its not as bad as some of the older reviews say (shady ppl and loud noise). other than that i am not looking for anything special.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Pay to upgrade room booked with points?

As a family of 4 we have stayed previously at both Hiltons and the Doubletree in the Walk area for various winter breaks and managed to book a suitable award standard-rate room for each of the stays.

Somewhat recklessly, we are now a family of 5 so it looks like two bed apartments or adjoining rooms will be needed. Has anyone any experience / success booking standard rooms/suites on points and then paying a supplement to upgrade? (The points rates for 2-bed apartments are not that attractive!)

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:06 am

Steer clear of Conrad. The Walk in my opinion so far has been the best one for Diamonds in Dubai. I will be trying Hilton Al-Habtoor next month and will report on my stay. They already upgraded me to a junior suite and said will try for a better upgrade upon check-in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.