Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dubai, United Arab Emirates {ARE}

Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rsh145
Has anyone stayed at the HGI Mall of Emirates recently? Leaning towards that hotel for my first trip to Dubai given the really good rate there (as a HH Gold).
It is OK but really not great. As poster above states, it is 10 mins from mall. There isn't much around other than a small supermarket and a couple of kebab houses. The rooms are perfectly comfortable. I had a suite and the sofa really wasn't that great but the bed was comfy. I would not stay again unless on a tight budget and need to be near that mall. In all likelihood I won't stay again as much better options.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by McCarran
Any recent experiences at the Walk or Conrad? Traveling as diamond.
I’ve been reading very mixed reviews on both hotels here. Conrad seems to have a nice pool but many say there’s something off about the service.

According to reviews The Walk has been generous sith upgrades, but is this still the case? Is Michael Mundia still on board or is there someone else with a new playbook in charge?

Any other good value Honors family gems worth mentioning for a 1st time Dubai visitor (visiting in Feb 2022 for a week)?
I have stayed at both this year. I would choose Conrad over Walk unless Walk is loads cheaper.

Service at Conrad was fine and I got upgrade on my last stay there. The Conrad beats the Walk on just about every count in my view...

- Better location (in my view)
- Substantially better room service food
- Really nice pool- More bars/restaurants on site- Faster elevators
- Better decor
Old Oct 29, 2021, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by McCarran
Any recent experiences at the Walk or Conrad? Traveling as diamond.
I’ve been reading very mixed reviews on both hotels here. Conrad seems to have a nice pool but many say there’s something off about the service.

According to reviews The Walk has been generous sith upgrades, but is this still the case? Is Michael Mundia still on board or is there someone else with a new playbook in charge?

Any other good value Honors family gems worth mentioning for a 1st time Dubai visitor (visiting in Feb 2022 for a week)?
I have stayed at both this year. I would choose Conrad over Walk unless Walk is loads cheaper.

Service at Conrad was fine and I got upgrade on my last stay there. The Conrad beats the Walk on just about every count in my view...

- Better location (in my view)
- Substantially better room service food
- Really nice pool- More bars/restaurants on site
- Faster elevators
- Better decor
The _Banking_Scot and Abidjan like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Apples vs Bananas

I've just returned from a 5-night stay at the Conrad (brief review here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33708654-post372.html), having also visited The Walk.

Wife and I went to The Walk for drinks at the Pure Sky Lounge, which I highly recommend. More on this below.

My point is that, at least from the entrance, lobby, elevators and other common areas, there is simply no comparison between the Conrad and The Walk. The former feels luxurious, spacious. The latter looks and feels like a DoubleTree. I don't mean to say that there is anything wrong with a DoubleTree, of course (and I've had my share of stays at them). But simply telling people that they should stay at The Walk, and not at the Conrad does not seem good advice. The properties are very different, not only in terms of location, but also on level of hotel. I would say it is a solid 5-star property against a 3.5 (maybe 4)-star one. Again, this is not based on the rooms of The Walk (which I have not seen), but rather on the common areas (which I have).

Even the patronage seems different. The Walk was full of young people, casually dressed (which may even be more to your linking! But it is very different from what you find in the Conrad). Talked to the front desk on the way in and out, and they were very nice. And very casual.

My point is: Conrad=luxury/formal; The Walk=way less lux+more casual, relaxed.

Oh, and I was able to witness the mess that is the elevator situation at The Walk.

As to the Pure Sky Lounge, we loved the experience. Beautiful view. Great service. Great (expensive) drinks, great food. Easy to book online. We took advantage of the current diamond/gold 25%-discount promo, which was a very simple process and helped easing the sting.

Last edited by Blackheath; Nov 7, 2021 at 5:53 am
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
My to go option on Jumeirah Beach is still the Doubletree. Just finished another stay. As Gold, we got upgraded from a one-bedroom suite to a two-bedroom suite with sea view of 150 square meters. Rooms are not very luxurious (officially it's a 4-star hotel) but still modern and clean.

The highlight of the hotel is definitely the private beach. I think apart from the Ritz and Le Meridien, it's one of the nicest private beaches on The Walk. Spacious and with nice sunbeds. Too bad the insanely high Address hotel next door puts the majority of the beach in the shadow for part of the day. The crowd at this hotel is younger compared to the more family oriented Hilton JBR. Around the pool, there is quite loud music the entire day. The pool bar is a very popular spot, as is the hotel's Friday brunch when it can become quite a mayhem.

Service at the hotel was excellent. From the reception staff to housekeeping, they were all very friendly and really made an effort to make sure the guests have a good time and checking how everything is.

Breakfast selection was as expected for a 4-star hotel but what stood out was the quality of the bread/pastries. Hotel is also going the extra mile here with some plated dishes such as an English breakfast, eggs Royale and French toast. Coffee was bad, unfortunately.

I also had a quick look in the Hilton JBR and the difference was night and day. Hilton is very dated, has a small pool and the beach area was insanely crowded with cramped sunbeds. There is also construction going on next door.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 10:02 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
AFAIK none of the beach at Jumeirah is private - its all public - just that hotels put beach chairs on it, thus "claim" part of the beach as theirs.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by NoY
AFAIK none of the beach at Jumeirah is private - its all public - just that hotels put beach chairs on it, thus "claim" part of the beach as theirs.
This is true, but there is a huge difference in how 'private' the beach at JBR feels as you walk down it to me. In my assessment, the RC has by far the best bit of beach, loungers are positioned quite close to the sea, are spaced out and it is on the quiet stretch - far more luxurious than any of the other JBR options and only spoilt by the construction going on around JBR. LRM is the second best and is also on the quieter stretch, but loungers are a lot further back from the sea behind a barrier and they pack a lot more in, not quite five star. Habtoor Grand is a similar idea to LRM. The beach of all the other JBR resorts beyond the RC (including the Hilton) is just a sectioned off piece at the back of a very busy stretch of public beach.

You can kind of get an idea of what I mean by looking on Google Maps.
NoY likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 5:15 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This is true, but there is a huge difference in how 'private' the beach at JBR feels as you walk down it to me. In my assessment, the RC has by far the best bit of beach, loungers are positioned quite close to the sea, are spaced out and it is on the quiet stretch - far more luxurious than any of the other JBR options and only spoilt by the construction going on around JBR. LRM is the second best and is also on the quieter stretch, but loungers are a lot further back from the sea behind a barrier and they pack a lot more in, not quite five star. Habtoor Grand is a similar idea to LRM. The beach of all the other JBR resorts beyond the RC (including the Hilton) is just a sectioned off piece at the back of a very busy stretch of public beach.

You can kind of get an idea of what I mean by looking on Google Maps.
Oh, I understand the above for sure, & agree with your summarisation, I was just clarifying that there is no private beach at JBR, as indeed you seem to agree. I don't need Google maps to understand the geography I lived at JBR & the marina area for 5 & a half years. Indeed I also stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & the Hilton JBR so I got to know their strengths & weaknesses too. It's fair to say that I know the area very well indeed
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:53 pm

Anyone have some solid advice on a good Hilton in Dubai for NYE? Availability isn't horrible so there are lots of options. Either something with a good viewing deck, or good proximity to some good views. Kind-of a Dubai novice so thank you in advance!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:34 pm

Diamond. Considering visting the World Expo in February. Solo traveler. I don't want to spend a lot of time on the subway or in cars. Breakfast would be nice, but not necessary. Beach, etc., not important to me. Any suggested properties?
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by barabuski
Anyone have some solid advice on a good Hilton in Dubai for NYE? Availability isn't horrible so there are lots of options. Either something with a good viewing deck, or good proximity to some good views. Kind-of a Dubai novice so thank you in advance!
Waldorf DIFC has rooms with nice views on Downtown and the location is great if you want to be in Downtown during NYE. I used to walk from the Waldorf to Dubai Mall when the weather was not too hot - took me about 20 minutes. If you want a cheaper one, check one of the Hiltons in Habtoor City, not as nice but good view/location.

On the other side of the city, you could consider the Waldorf Astoria on the Palm if it is not already sold out, or alternatively one of the two Hiltons on JBR. They are not particulary fancy, but the location is great if you want to spend time in that part of Dubai and there are rooms with great views on the Promenade and Bluewaters.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by lamphs
Diamond. Considering visting the World Expo in February. Solo traveler. I don't want to spend a lot of time on the subway or in cars. Breakfast would be nice, but not necessary. Beach, etc., not important to me. Any suggested properties?
geographically, the Hilton on JBR are the closest ones, but it doesn’t make sense for you to pay the premium if you don’t really care about the beach.

i would therefore recommend Hilton Garden Inn Mall of the Emirates. It is very close to the Metro station and you can reach Expo directly in roughly 35 minutes. Taxi will be 25-30 minutes if you avoid rush hour. For a more premium hotel, consider the Conrad which has a Metro station right in front of it, but then this would take 45 minutes with Metro and 45-60 minutes by car depending on traffic.
The _Banking_Scot and lamphs like this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

just got back from dubai the expo and the conrad.

Agree with canarywharf

I found from leaving my conrad room on the 42nd flooring was an hour to expo by metro with just under 50mins on the metro ride.

I Think there is also a doubletree ( al barsha I think) also close to the mall of the emirates

The Expo is excellent and worth multiple days.i had planned on 2 and went back for a third and still not covererd half of it there is a dedicated post on expo 2020 in the middle East forum with lots of good tips will post a link later.
This was my first visit to dubai but I thought dubai will always be there but the expo is time limited and unique so spent more time there than planned yes it does take a little while to get there but it is a wonderful experience. Be prepared for a lot of walking at the expo ( there are people movers available but capacity can be limited at times

Also lots of reasonable souvenirs.

The Conrad is very good with an executive lounge with good evening snacks and drinks and have posted comments in the dedicated conrad dubai thread. Will post a few room photos at the weekend. The pool is also good.

Regards

Tbs

PS Agree with tobegold re Gold class. Usually got a seat and even if needing to stand for a few stops it is a lot quieter than the rest of the train which was often rammed ( day pass which covers expo was about AED 42 or cGBP 9 for Gold class)
lamphs and bitterproffit like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 10, 2021 at 7:15 am
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lamphs
I spent 7 nights at the HGI Mall of the Emirates in November for the purpose of minimizing travel time on the metro, which is about a 30 minute ride. Breakfast was meh, the 4 or 5 “hot” items being lukewarm at best, egg station omelettes ok. Rooms were a good size with 2 bottles of water given daily. Free DIY laundry room but you have to buy your own laundry detergent (20 AED from hotel for a box good for a few loads, likely cheaper at Carrefour in the mall if you want to check). Conrad is an additional 20 minute ride to expo but a cooler AC enclosed 2-3 minute walk across to the metro from the hotel vs a 10 minute walk in the open at the HGI.

We got the gold NOL cards to access the gold car in the metro, worth the extra money for a less crowded car and always got a seat either right away or after 1 or 2 stops.
The _Banking_Scot and lamphs like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
25% dining discount for Gold/Diamond has been extended to 31 December 2022: https://www.hilton.com/en/p/eat-drin...ms-conditions/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.