Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Simultaneous Reservations at Different Hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

My family has a one-night award stay planned next week. I've been called out of town on business and will have to miss award stay. However, I'm now booked at a different Hilton in a different city for the same night.

My wife is planning on taking the kids on the award stay. Her name is on the reservation, but it's booked under my name.

Is there any danger in one or both of these reservations being cancelled? The award stay is the priority due to availability and special events occurring that day. The business trip doesn't worry me due to the availability of rooms nearby.

Should I remake the business-trip reservation without my HH# and add it at check-in?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by aww3583
My family has a one-night award stay planned next week. I've been called out of town on business and will have to miss award stay. However, I'm now booked at a different Hilton in a different city for the same night.

My wife is planning on taking the kids on the award stay. Her name is on the reservation, but it's booked under my name.

Is there any danger in one or both of these reservations being cancelled? The award stay is the priority due to availability and special events occurring that day. The business trip doesn't worry me due to the availability of rooms nearby.

Should I remake the business-trip reservation without my HH# and add it at check-in?
The rezzies are not likely to get cancelled, but what may happen is you will only get credit for the least stay. If you're missing the entire award stay, I'd suggest calling HH and letting them know what's happening and make sure your wife will be allowed to check in (her name on the rez should be enough, but...). You are allowed to gift an award stay with no issues. The only issue may be status benefits. I've gifted a few stays and they got my on-site benefits, but it wasn't demanded.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
Same experience here, just went through same thing for same reason. Duty calls.....but didn't get credit for the reward stay. I'm likely making diamond on base points this year, so no biggie.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Not at all an issue to worry about other than which one Hilton system gives you points for. I have had this happen a few times. The amusing one was when I had two concurrent reservations in Manhattan and a close friend and co-worker took my Doubletree Times Square South reservation (She was on the reservation as then second person in the room) and I made a big point of telling her make sure you mention I don’t want points because I am staying elsewhere. FD “Where is she staying?’” “The Conrad”. “Oh, I hear that’s nice. Why aren’t you staying there?” ‘I don’t want to stay in the middle of nowhere when all our work is in Midtown.” “Ah, here is your breakfast voucher and some cookies, feel free to stop by for more.”
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Had a similar situation last year but on paid stays -- wife was in DC on a trip to mix business with pleasure and booked the res under my account and using my CC because under the original plan I was going to join her for the beginning of the trip. Had a "duty calls" moment in Richmond and wound up completely scuttling the "spend time in DC" part of the trip. since Richmond wound up completely overlapping the DC stay so I never made it up there for a night.

Everything was fine, originally only got credit for Richmond and wrote to the Diamond Desk inquiring (Up to that point I had never had a situation with multiple stays and had misinterpreted/misremembered the program rules re: crediting multiple rooms [they have to be on the same folio]) the Diamond Desk set me straight but generously credited both stays as a one time exception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.