Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jermyn

SAII LAGOON – HONORS GOLD BENEFITS

Due to the very special nature of the accommodation at SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton are unable to offer complimentary upgraded accommodation. However, as you are a valued Gold member, we are delighted to offer you the following benefits during your stay. Kindly note that Gold benefits are only applicable for cardholder and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay. In the event that cardholder is not travelling, guests who are staying with us will not be entitled to enjoy the benefits below.
  • Opening Promotion: 1000 Honors bonus points per Night (1-Aug to 31-Oct-2019)
  • Complimentary breakfast for cardholder and one guest per day in Miss Olive Oyl restaurant.
  • Complimentary breakfast will be provided in Miss Olive Oyl restaurant for the accompanying child under 12 years.
  • Free Access to bean/Co a la carte menu from 14.30 to 18.30.
  • Free Access to Miss Olive Oyl Pool Bar beverage a la carte menu from 17.30 to 18.30.
  • One bottle of White or Red wine upon arrival. Chocolate & Fruit amenities upon arrival.
(confirmed in writing to Points of Arabia)
Print Wikipost

SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
Heading there this weekend for a night. What's the open bar like?
Not sure exactly which one you mean, there's two. We had lunch at Miss Olive Oyl Pool Bar a couple of times and had Diamond Happy Hour drinks there. It's got a nice infinity pool, staff were great and the atmosphere was (mostly) good. Cocktails were really mixed, think the Mojito I had was the worst I've ever tasted in my life but frozen daiquiri / frozen margarita etc were ok. Got busy during the day with a lot of guests coming over from The Hard Rock to mainly drink. But much quieter at night with mainly Curio guests.

Sansation Beach Club was much bigger and a great place to watch the sunset / baby reef sharks on the beach. Problem was the music - played continuous rap music blasted from one speaker at the bar, so was fairly grim unless you could sit a fair distance away - very odd given description on the website is calm and serene (it isn't). My daughter 8 loved the pool so we went a few times. Was also really popular with Maldivians who came from Male and paid a $40++ entrance fee. Beach Club is also really close to many of the restaurants / kids club.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
I have stayed at Condrad Rangali before, so I thought with the covid testing requirements everytime you change islands I would option for SAii instead. Besides CR did not have the days I wanted at entry level rooms to use points with. WA has not entry level room either.

I am sailing for a week on Tradewinds Catamaran which is using the Crossroads Marina as its base. So I figured I would just stay at SAii for the 1 day prior to sailing and for 6 days post sailing. That way I would not have to Covid test multiple times, and would not have to deal with costly transfers (likely Rangali which is ~ $500 PP).

How bad could it really be?

Interested in what Diamond upgrade ofters have been happening?

Last edited by vandesa; Jan 29, 2022 at 10:32 am
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:15 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any chance you have time now to post a review about your stay? I'm just curious on why this hilton property isn't sought for by others on FT. Looks like a steal on points..but whats the catch if there is any?
Originally Posted by nicholasashaw
Currently half way through a four night stay here. I'll post a review when we move on but any questions just let me know
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:09 am
vji

any recent reviews of this place?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:02 am

I think the points for this property is much less (with much better availability) as the normal price for stays is substantially less than the Conrad or Waldorf in Maldives (hence I feel the expectations should be much less too).
Old Jul 6, 2023, 4:25 pm

Saii Lagoon Maldives - Hilton Curio Collection - not getting proper # Amex points

I hope this is the correct place to ask this?

I have an Amex Hhonors Surpass card which is supposed to give 12x points on Hilton charges. I made a reservation at SAii Lagoon Maldives, Hilton Curio Collection through the Hilton portal, using this card. The hotel immediately charged me a 25% deposit, which is fine, not an issue. The charge shows as IOLPAY Hilton Saii Lagoon. I only received 3x points for this. I called AMEX who agreed I should have 12x points, but because the hotel uses a third party payment processing company they claim they can't fix it. I called Hilton customer service and after being transferred 3x the last rep first told me to call the hotel to fix it, then put in a ticket to corporate - who bounced it to the hotel. I replied to the hotel's email clearly stating the problem, but not sure what they can do.
My thought (which I stated in the email to the hotel) is that corporate could just give me the missing 9x points as a "customer service bonus", and then after my stay, they do the same with whatever my final hotel charge is. I'm waiting to hear back from the hotel.

I'm having a hard time believing I'm the first Hilton Amex customer who has had this problem. Wondering if this has happened to others, and how it was resolved? TIA
Old Jul 7, 2023, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by erdoran
I hope this is the correct place to ask this?

I have an Amex Hhonors Surpass card which is supposed to give 12x points on Hilton charges. I made a reservation at SAii Lagoon Maldives, Hilton Curio Collection through the Hilton portal, using this card. The hotel immediately charged me a 25% deposit, which is fine, not an issue. The charge shows as IOLPAY Hilton Saii Lagoon. I only received 3x points for this. I called AMEX who agreed I should have 12x points, but because the hotel uses a third party payment processing company they claim they can't fix it. I called Hilton customer service and after being transferred 3x the last rep first told me to call the hotel to fix it, then put in a ticket to corporate - who bounced it to the hotel. I replied to the hotel's email clearly stating the problem, but not sure what they can do.
My thought (which I stated in the email to the hotel) is that corporate could just give me the missing 9x points as a "customer service bonus", and then after my stay, they do the same with whatever my final hotel charge is. I'm waiting to hear back from the hotel.

I'm having a hard time believing I'm the first Hilton Amex customer who has had this problem. Wondering if this has happened to others, and how it was resolved? TIA
Can't say I've experienced this but I would push the point with Amex especially given the fact you booked online through the regular channel and would be due points based on eligibility, raising a complaint if necessary. I don't think Hilton corporate will do anything.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am spending 12 hours in Male en route to Doha and then SFO. How far is this property from the Airport? Are transfers charged for Diamond and also do they do boat transfers around 11pm?
Old Sep 24, 2023, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I am spending 12 hours in Male en route to Doha and then SFO. How far is this property from the Airport? Are transfers charged for Diamond and also do they do boat transfers around 11pm?

It's about a 15-20 min speedboat ride. No idea about 11 pm transfers, and yes, they charge for everyone's transfers. It's on a manmade island. You are flying out around 11 am? What would you do? Sleep? There's an airport hotel that's much much closer if that's the case.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by erdoran
It's about a 15-20 min speedboat ride. No idea about 11 pm transfers, and yes, they charge for everyone's transfers. It's on a manmade island. You are flying out around 11 am? What would you do? Sleep? There's an airport hotel that's much much closer if that's the case.
I land around 11am and flight departs 1:30am, looking to book a decent hotel with easy access to airport. Looking at Sheraton right now,
Old Sep 25, 2023, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
I land around 11am and flight departs 1:30am, looking to book a decent hotel with easy access to airport. Looking at Sheraton right now,
As you consider hotels, doublecheck that they do after dark transfers. Seaplanes don't (but you would do a seaplane resort anyway, the cost isn't worth it for 12 hour layover); I suspect speedboats do but of course essential you confirm!
Old Dec 29, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: hhonors,NW WP,National
2 reward rooms

I am planning to visit in March, my wife and two kids 12+. I am thinking of booking 2 rooms for 5 nights with my points. Will I get diamond benefits for both rooms, like free breakfast for all 4 , since I have 2 rooms in my name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.