Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Getting a stay to credit when hotel refuses folio

Old Jun 3, 18, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond

Made a 3 night reservation and then added one additional night to the front end in a different reservation. Upon check-in I advise them of this and would prefer to stay in the same room all four nights. No problem, I could pay at check out. After the first night I get an email from the Warsaw Hilton thanking me for my stay and a folio of $0.00 (I am staying at the Oswiecim Hampton) and front desk has no clue why I would get this. At check-out the folio shows the original 3 night reservation with the first night place as a line item charge (similar to meal). I ask them to either change the stay dates to reflect 4 nights or remove the charge. They can't change the dates so say they will remove the charge and the manager will later make a new folio and charge for the first night.

Here's the problem - the hotel charged me for the first night and didn't create a new folio. They won't address the issue by phone or by email. The Diamond desk won't give a stay credit without a folio and tells me to contact the property. My credit card has been charged separately for these stays. I'm not sure what else to do other than dispute the charge but I'd much prefer the stay given the roll over nights policy.

Any suggestions?

BTW - really poorly managed property.
Old Jun 3, 18, 1:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
So if I understand this correctly, you stayed 4 nights but the folio only registers 3 nights? You mention stay credit, but I think you mean nights, so you are in effect missing one night on your Honors account totals? The diamond desk I would think should be able to read the 3 night folio and your reservation history with the first night charge (how is it worded exactly?) and just give you the night. That sounds light years easier than anything the hotel will likely fail at trying to correct. You say you tried them already but you might have better luck with another agent or emailing in your detailed concern so they can hopefully understand it better.

I'm confused by the part that says you got the email from the Warsaw Hilton, but you are actually staying at the Oswiecim Hampton. Was the PDF attachment otherwise correct and just the sender was wrong or was everything misbranded?
Old Jun 3, 18, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hippster View Post
So if I understand this correctly, you stayed 4 nights but the folio only registers 3 nights? You mention stay credit, but I think you mean nights, so you are in effect missing one night on your Honors account totals? The diamond desk I would think should be able to read the 3 night folio and your reservation history with the first night charge (how is it worded exactly?) and just give you the night. That sounds light years easier than anything the hotel will likely fail at trying to correct. You say you tried them already but you might have better luck with another agent or emailing in your detailed concern so they can hopefully understand it better.

I'm confused by the part that says you got the email from the Warsaw Hilton, but you are actually staying at the Oswiecim Hampton. Was the PDF attachment otherwise correct and just the sender was wrong or was everything misbranded?

Yes, 4 nights with one stay is what I meant. The corrected folio only shows the original 3 nights as they removed the other night that was placed as a line item with the understanding the manager would fix this and send me a folio for the one nights.

The email header was: "We hope you enjoyed your stay at the HAMPTON BY HILTON OŚWIĘCIM - come again soon!"
The text body was: "Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the HILTON WARSAW HOTEL & CONVENTION CENTRE. We hope you enjoyed your visit! We see you re checking out today. For your convenience, we ve enclosed a copy of your final receipt including all charges as of this morning." (this folio had a $0.00 balance)

Different people at the Diamond desk insist they cannot give a night credit without a folio that has a charge (I assume they aren't counting award stays).
Old Jun 5, 18, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by tkelvin69 View Post
Here's the problem - the hotel charged me for the first night and didn't create a new folio. They won't address the issue by phone or by email. The Diamond desk won't give a stay credit without a folio and tells me to contact the property.

I had similar when I made back to back bookings at a property to get the best rate each night, which meant two different room types.

A call (I was Gold at the time so probably didn't call DD) quoting the two booking references led to the original auto entry disappearing to be replaced by two "empty" (as in no "Expand" link) stays plus a bunch of "detached" manual points entries on the "All Points Activity".

Have you tried the online chat? The few times I've used it I've had very competent and empowered agents sort things out on the spot.
Old Jun 6, 18, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer View Post
I had similar when I made back to back bookings at a property to get the best rate each night, which meant two different room types.

A call (I was Gold at the time so probably didn't call DD) quoting the two booking references led to the original auto entry disappearing to be replaced by two "empty" (as in no "Expand" link) stays plus a bunch of "detached" manual points entries on the "All Points Activity".

Have you tried the online chat? The few times I've used it I've had very competent and empowered agents sort things out on the spot.
I'm not sure what happened but my auto entry also went to 0 and replaced with manual points. It's not quite right but the night credits are correct. Lot of work for a simple issue where training would have prevented this.
EsherFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: