Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Triple Points for Amex Card Holders in July

Triple Points for Amex Card Holders in July

Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
@HonorsRepresentative, I saw that AmEx Global Business Travel also Tweeted an opportunity to get 100% extra points:
. Is that just a bit of "branding" on the Hilton Double Points promo, or is it an additional way to get a 100% bonus like the AmEx card bonus?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
Lauren,

Can you comment on the differing points-earning scenarios above? There seems to confusion as to whats being tripled.
I think Lauren answered this question in post #5. PPD for hotel stays are being tripled, so we get an extra 10 per dollar above the double point promotion.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I think Lauren answered this question in post #5 . PPD for hotel stays are being tripled, so we get an extra 10 per dollar above the double point promotion.
Agreed. Whey would the triple points calculated on another bases that the double points ... per $1 for Diamond with Amex making use of the promo
10 base points
10 double points
10 triple points
10 diamond bonus
= 40 points per eligible dollar (excl taxes etc.)
14 from using the Aspire
= 14 points per dollar spend at Hilton (taxes included I think)

For $100 rate and $10 taxes
4000 (40*100) + 1540 (14*110) = 5540
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:39 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
@HonorsRepresentative, I saw that AmEx Global Business Travel also Tweeted an opportunity to get 100% extra points: https://twitter.com/amexgbt/status/999336682175508481. Is that just a bit of "branding" on the Hilton Double Points promo, or is it an additional way to get a 100% bonus like the AmEx card bonus?
Hi EsherFlyer,

The "100% Extra Points" is a reference to the Hilton Honors Double Points promotion.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:51 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by aww3583
Lauren,

Can you comment on the differing points-earning scenarios above? There seems to confusion as to whats being tripled.
Hi aww3583,

How are the Points earned through the Triple Points promotion calculated? For every $1 spent on eligible Hilton stays in the month of July, youll get 10 Base Points (5 Base Points at Home2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton) as a Hilton Honors member, an additional 20 Bonus Points through this promotion, (10 Bonus Points at Home2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton), and Hilton Honors Elite Tier Bonus for Silver, Gold and Diamond Members (will be calculated off of the Base Points earned).

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi EsherFlyer,

The "100% Extra Points" is a reference to the Hilton Honors Double Points promotion.

Thanks!
Lauren
Thanks ^. Very odd of them to promote it as though it's some GBT special, especially as in addition to the tweet they send a mail via my employer (we use AmEx) saying they had 5000 spaces, which hardly matters given that Hilton have a squillion or so for those that miss the GBT quota .
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:15 pm

It was good to find this. My hotel stays are few, and I understand from a sticky thread that on a Points and Money stay I can earn points on the Money part. As a Silver using the no-fee Amex, I understand that a stay at an Embassy Suites should get 39 points per dollar, with the tax part only getting the 7 points for the Amex charge. It makes for an interesting algebraic equation if I want to determine how many points to use, and how many I would earn, if I'd like my account to have certain target balances after the stay.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Just completed a stay at a DoubleTree, the AMEX extra points posted easily along with the existing double points offer, resulting in triple base points, with my gold 80% bonus added in as well.

Not a bad promotion. I'm pretty impressed with Hilton AMEX cards so far. I have Ascend, but I could have used the "resort credits" this past stay. I think I am going to apply for the Aspire soon and downgrade my current Ascend to the no-fee version
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Just completed a stay at a DoubleTree, the AMEX extra points posted easily along with the existing double points offer, resulting in triple base points, with my gold 80% bonus added in as well.

Not a bad promotion. I'm pretty impressed with Hilton AMEX cards so far. I have Ascend, but I could have used the "resort credits" this past stay. I think I am going to apply for the Aspire soon and downgrade my current Ascend to the no-fee version
Excellent! I am glad to see that the points were credited quickly and accurately. I have 7 says coming up in the next two weeks so I am hoping for the same.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Any thoughts on the best way to stack this with Citi 4NF? Split off the extra charges (meals, etc) so you get 24X on those, while still covering the room and taxes with the Citi card? Would the Hilton be keen to split the expenses that way? Think it would work? I have two stays coming up on 4NF and while the 4NF cashback of $150 can't be beat, the $800 for the stay would result in about 17k points with the Aspire (14X Hilton spend (on the whole $800), plus another 10X for the bonus on the room rate ($600), or around $90. It's been a great quarter to visit the Hilton's, especially when compared to the lame SPG/Marriott promo (WOW 250 EXTRA STARTING THIRD NIGHT, and different clock for SPG and Marriott too).
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Can I still get this AMEX bonus if I stay in July while my AMEX Hilton card got charged in March?

I just checked my Hilton account and my Pattaya Hilton stay the past weekend which I booked in January this year got the AMEX bonus while my other 6 BKK stays last two weeks booked in March have not received the AMEX bonus, only double points.

Last edited by tomwhom; Jul 16, 2018 at 2:54 pm
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Any thoughts on the best way to stack this with Citi 4NF? Split off the extra charges (meals, etc) so you get 24X on those, while still covering the room and taxes with the Citi card? Would the Hilton be keen to split the expenses that way? Think it would work? I have two stays coming up on 4NF and while the 4NF cashback of $150 can't be beat, the $800 for the stay would result in about 17k points with the Aspire (14X Hilton spend (on the whole $800), plus another 10X for the bonus on the room rate ($600), or around $90. It's been a great quarter to visit the Hilton's, especially when compared to the lame SPG/Marriott promo (WOW 250 EXTRA STARTING THIRD NIGHT, and different clock for SPG and Marriott too).
I had a recent stay where a week before my stay, there was an advance purchase rate that was cheaper than the original 4NF rate I had with the Citi concierge.

I called the concierge and took the pre-paid rate (on the Prestige card) then checked out with the Aspire card to cover parking, restaurant and room service. I can confirm that Citi did give me the 4NF rebate.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by tomwhom
Can I still get this AMEX bonus if I stay in July while my AMEX Hilton card got charged in March?

I just checked my Hilton account and my Pattaya Hilton stay the past weekend which I booked in January this year got the AMEX bonus while my other 6 BKK stays last two weeks booked in March have not received the AMEX bonus, only double points.
From HHonorsRepresentative's earlier post:
  • If you've prepaid with your Hilton Honors American Express card, you will still be eligible to earn Triple Points - the stay must transact with the American Express card. If you use another type of card at check-in for incidentals and the stay transmits with that card type, it would not qualify for the Triple Points.
So yes, you should've gotten triple points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.