Old May 25, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Oswiecim {POL}

Hampton Inn by Hilton Oswiecim

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

Dabrowskiego St.2 Oswiecim, PL 32-600, Poland

Hampton Oswiecim, Poland - new property with problems (0 Photo)

I'm on the third night of a four night stay but there's been enough problems to write a review.  This is a new property that has not completed (I would guess 50% of rooms done) and clearly not ready to be open with construction starting above sleeping rooms at 0730. There is NO notice on the website about construction. Staff, while friendly, clearly have not had adequate training and lack basic computer skills as well as food service staff not knowing how to operate equipment.  I don't know what genius decided each of the two elevators need their own recall button but since you don't know where the car is you push both buttons and often get both elevators arriving at the same time.  Not an issue when only 20 rooms are occupied but when it is full it will be a nightmare waiting for the elevator.

I had booked a three night stay and then added one more night at the front end.  After the first night I recieved an email thanking me for my stay at the Warsaw Hilton!!  The front desk told me they were using this until they got their own email. ???

Check In

Pleasant all though there is no parking directly in front of the hotel to off load and an unmarked convoluted routing to get to the garage only to find you can't use the elevator without a key card.  Digital key wouldn't work first day but was fixed the second after the key timed out.

Room

First room was blazing hot with a strange thermostat I couldn't get to lower the temperature.  Moved to next room which worked fine.  Fairly small (I think bigger rroms have not been finished yet), firm to hard bed, built in soaps/shampoo, shower with a half door that causes water to spill to the floor.  Two English channels on the TV.  Lovely view of the construction site.  It is very well sound proofed for outside noise but room to room noise is high and walls vibrate if someone closes their door hard.

Service

Almost all were very pleasant and helpful with good English skills.  My room wasn't serviced one day and was told I had my do not disturb sign out (from 2-330 it was) and was told service is normally between 2-3pm.  

Dining

Better than all U.S. Hamptons for breakfast with a buffet and decent selection.  Somewhat like an international Hilton executive lounge breakfast.

Once you figure out the parking, it's walkable to most places in town and to Auschwitz I.

Overall

Could be a very nice place for a night or two once they get the issues figured out and staff learn how to operate the property.  Price was low at ~ $60usd per night and there is a reason for it.

Amenities

Fairly decent work out area.

There is a parking garage that is fee based but they said it was free to attract customers at this time.

Hampton Oswiecim, Poland - new property with problems

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton Inn by Hilton Oswiecim?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 27, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
The lack of training really is unacceptable. Nobody really knows how to make anything work. I originally had a three night stay and decided to come one night early so added a night on a different reservation. At check-in I advised them of the two reservations and wanted to stay in the same room. No problem, they would make it into one reservation. Well ... they kept the 3 night reservation and added the first as a line item charge under one of the nights. Of course Honors will see this as a three night stay. I would ask for the Hilton guarantee and ask for a free night but it is a cheap rate and would rather have the credit towards diamond or rollover night. rrrr
Old May 27, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AC50k, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Club
I old assume that given the reservation numbers etc., the diamond desk can make the appropriate adjustment past-sale.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:55 am

Hi All,Only stayed one night but I thought it would be fair to balance out the review.It is a fully functioning Hampton, It had only been open a year when I stayed. Windows open partially.Press one lift button, and both light up and it never took long for a lift to arrive.Breakfast was excellent, these are Hamptons, with 2 waffle makers available and an excellent cold meat selection along with the 5 hot dishes, cakes, bread,yogurt, fruit etc.Room was quite, well soundproof.Enjoyed it very much and if I have a reason to be in the area will not hesitate to book this hotel.Basset
Sisosig likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed here a few times now to form a decent enough opinion.

Rooms are very clean and in great order. Digital Key works perfectly and staff were familiar with extending it for a late check-out.

The issue with the leaking shower has been fixed by placing a metal rim along the edge of the shower which compensates for the poor construction not having an inclination to make the water flow to the drain.

Corner rooms are very big but suffer from an annoying light ingress due to the curtains not being flush with the edges because of the furniture.

Breakfast is very good and they were happy to prepare fried eggs, such was my request that it did not come across as unusual for the staff so perhaps they proactively offer simple dishes like fried eggs when its not too busy. The bacon is clearly local and unfortunately so overcooked I couldn't cut it. Otherwise the buffet was very good quality for a Hampton. Given the limited local options you're more likely to want to use it.

F&B is quite strange. They haven't grasped the need to offer a simple fare and the dinner menu is overly sophisticated and could be better executed. Beef carpaccio has lots of beef and is excellent but if you fancy a burger, a simple salad, club sandwich you will be disappointed. My request for some bread with the meal resulted in the kind of cheap processed white toast-only bread despite having soups on the menu. Not even a BArb style permafrost roll could be mustered.

Too many of the Polish Hampton and Garden Inn's employ chefs who misunderstand the brand and think its a "Hilton". As they are failing to grab any local custom whatsoever, there is little need to pretend to be a Hilton.

I fully recommend the hotel, but I would hesitate to eat here again. With Zywiec Biale on draft at the bar, I can recommend at least a beer.

Nearby you have a reasonable Italian, about 7 mins walk, Portobello with a menu in English and the Sushi place, Itamae is quite decent too.

This Hampton is owned since approx one month by the same owners of the recently acquired DT and Hampton in KRK. I do hope it can make some money, unfortunately it seems very quiet. Before this property had even had a brick laid I was asked about the proposition and in my opinion, visitors to the Museum prefer to come for the day and spend the rest of their time in Krakow. Therefore I couldn't quite see the business case. They won't be the first Polish hotel to be ill-advised by a hotel management company I won't mention. Nevertheless, I wish them well.

Of course, we all know the unfortunate reason this provincial city is on the map and it is my reason for visiting also. The Old Synagogue is a 1 minute walk from the hotel and while not a properly functioning Temple I was welcomed to use it.
Sisosig likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.