Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Cambridge Belfry {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Cambridge Belfry {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Tocsin
Hey, wizla - you should have been there over 3 hours - where's the report?
Haha, don’t worry, don’t worry I’m here now, to busy lazing around the pool to care about you lot! 😂

Arrived 3-40pm, was upgraded at 10am this morning from queen guest room to a king deluxe...... I done OLCI to a room end corridor on 2nd floor, I also requested digital key which never arrived, reason why was because room wasn’t ready on arrival, however this was just an admin error as room was ready but nobody told FD.
Given 4 bottles of water ( 2 still 2 sparkling ) 2 cookies and 2 drink chits and we are off to the room.

KING DELUXE - it’s fairly large, spotlessly clean and feels new.......bed firm but comfortable, large safe, large t.v.
Bathroom large too , my lady reports the shower is very powerful ( I showered in the spa, also powerful), large deep bath, heated towel rail and heated mirror.

Spent a couple of hours laying by the pool and enjoyed the sauna and steam room, it’s very nice here nothing amazing just pleasant and enjoyable after a hard week....there is a jacuzzi too on a timer.

Tonight we plan to eat in the restaurant, menu looks good.....will report back!
Tocsin likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Restaurant menu -
Attached Images  
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Now in the bar after a really good meal in the restaurant, I can recommend the jerk chicken burger, I’ve tasted the best jerk chicken in south London and whilst that will always take the crown the dish here is very good, much better than I was expecting, also must mention the drinks voucher is for any drink , no restrictions, I I had a pint of Stella, my lady a large Pinot......only slight negative is the restaurant is a little cold, to cold for just a shirt. The bar, it’s fairly quiet for a Saturday night.....nice vibe.....will report back!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wizla
Now in the bar after a really good meal in the restaurant, I can recommend the jerk chicken burger, I’ve tasted the best jerk chicken in south London and whilst that will always take the crown the dish here is very good, much better than I was expecting, also must mention the drinks voucher is for any drink , no restrictions, I I had a pint of Stella, my lady a large Pinot......only slight negative is the restaurant is a little cold, to cold for just a shirt. The bar, it’s fairly quiet for a Saturday night.....nice vibe.....will report back!
Slept well, bed very comfy, slight issue with dancing elephants above but didn’t last very long......up early and off to gym, the gym here is now 24 hour and at 7am I was the only one present, spa opens at 8am on a Sunday so I was first in for a swim and sauna before breakfast, just myself and one other guy.....blissfully quiet.
BREAKFAST - breakfast was taken at 9am, restaurant half full , nice vibe....... not a great selection here but everything was hot and tasty, they also have an interesting selection of juices here....I choose rhubarb and zinc......nice, friendly staff too.
Now back in room about to check out, will report back !
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Slept well, bed very comfy, slight issue with dancing elephants above but didn’t last very long......up early and off to gym, the gym here is now 24 hour and at 7am I was the only one present, spa opens at 8am on a Sunday so I was first in for a swim and sauna before breakfast, just myself and one other guy.....blissfully quiet.
BREAKFAST - breakfast was taken at 9am, restaurant half full , nice vibe....... not a great selection here but everything was hot and tasty, they also have an interesting selection of juices here....I choose rhubarb and zinc......nice, friendly staff too.
Now back in room about to check out, will report back !
Checked out at 10-30am, very swift, offered more water for my journey and I’m on my way......should mention that parking is complimentary for all here and the car park is large.

CONCLUSION - Great stay!....... nearly perfect, only niggles was the heavy footed folk above us and the restaurant/ bar area was a little cold last night...... I like the spa area here it’s very clean and modern, there is plenty of towels to hand too.
The gym is also very good with decent equipment.
Would happily recommend and will definitely return!

ROOM NO - 229

NEXT PLANED STAY - Hilton Maidstone (18 - 2 - 19 )
chrism20 and delinquentwoody like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Thanks, wizla - this one may be on my list this year (previously stayed in the centre of Cambridge).
wizla likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tocsin
Thanks, wizla - this one may be on my list this year (previously stayed in the centre of Cambridge).
No worries, it’s really worth a look...... there is not much in the area except a Morrison’s supermarket and a family bargains store but it’s set in pleasant countryside next to the A128 ( no traffic noise at all ) .....take your your swimwear and spend a couple of hours using the sauna, pool and jacuzzi......... forgot to mention in the review that there is an ice shower by the sauna too......very refreshing!
Tocsin likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

I’m back again here this Thursday night, booked another queen guest room ....let’s see what happens in regards to upgrades.....will do a very loose trip report as it’s a little irrelevant due to only staying here a week back......let’s see.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

I’m back again here this Thursday night, booked another queen guest room ....let’s see what happens in regards to upgrades.....will do a very loose trip report as it’s a little irrelevant due to only staying here a week back......let’s see.
Pre upgraded from queen guest to king deluxe.....this seems to be the normal here during my past stays, should arrive in a couple of hours. Annoyingly I can’t do OLCI for this or tomorrow nights stay in London .....will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Feb 21, 2019 at 5:21 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Pre upgraded from queen guest to king deluxe.....this seems to be the normal here during my past stays, should arrive in a couple of hours. Annoyingly I can’t do OLCI for this or tomorrow nights stay in London .....will report back!
Arrived 4pm, I’m in exactly the same room as two weeks back so no point reviewing but must mention no drinks vouchers this time, don’t know if FD forgot or it’s now stopped.
Spa area busy with kids as it’s half term So was a little noisy but did discover a relaxation room adjacent to the poolside, nice quiet room with herbal teas and relaxing music.
Tonight will probably use restaurant but may sample the local pub....will report back !
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Arrived 4pm, I’m in exactly the same room as two weeks back so no point reviewing but must mention no drinks vouchers this time, don’t know if FD forgot or it’s now stopped.
Spa area busy with kids as it’s half term So was a little noisy but did discover a relaxation room adjacent to the poolside, nice quiet room with herbal teas and relaxing music.
Tonight will probably use restaurant but may sample the local pub....will report back !
Decided on restaurant, nice jerk chicken!.....hotel is fairly quiet, now in bar.....pleasant vibe.
I did politely ask about the drinks voucher policy for diamonds, apparently drink vouchers are given in lieu of upgrades as an apology if hotel cannot upgrade, last stay I was upgraded and received vouchers so doesn’t make sense, never mind, not fussed........will report back
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Decided on restaurant, nice jerk chicken!.....hotel is fairly quiet, now in bar.....pleasant vibe.
I did politely ask about the drinks voucher policy for diamonds, apparently drink vouchers are given in lieu of upgrades as an apology if hotel cannot upgrade, last stay I was upgraded and received vouchers so doesn’t make sense, never mind, not fussed........will report back
Didn’t sleep great, room was very hot even with heating off, maybe an issue here in summer months as hotel has no aircon except in bar and restaurant.......let’s hope they provide fans?
Nice gym session followed by swim and sauna at sunrise this morning....... breakfast quiet......will report back.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Didn’t sleep great, room was very hot even with heating off, maybe an issue here in summer months as hotel has no aircon except in bar and restaurant.......let’s hope they provide fans?
Nice gym session followed by swim and sauna at sunrise this morning....... breakfast quiet......will report back.
Swift checkout at 11am and I’m on my way......

CONCLUSION - another great stay, will happily return.

ROOM NO- 229

NEXT STAY - Hilton London Bankside ( I’m here now )
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

I’m here tomorrow night ( Sunday) got to pop to Peterborough and was going to drive home but last minute decision to stay over, only just booked so will check booking in morning to see if upgraded.....should arrive mid afternoon.....will do the usual cutting edge reporting!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Arrived 2-30pm, no pre upgrade but upgraded to king deluxe upon arrival....... Room is ok but a little worn, a few scratches and scuffs here and there......no robes in room phoned down to discover phone is dead so off I go to request robes from front desk, that was 30mins ago and still no robes ( we need them for spa ).
KING DELUXE ROOM - basically the same as my last report.

Off to spa and then dinner at a pub over the road......will report back!

Ps- four waters given at check in but no drink chit, apparently these are only given when no upgrade available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.