Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Cambridge Belfry {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Cambridge Belfry {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
BAD NEWS. - note on website says that this hotel will no longer continue to operate as a Hilton hotel after 31 January 2021 .

I’m incredibly disappointed, this is a great hotel fairly local to me that I’ve had many enjoyable stays....such a shame.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
BAD NEWS. - note on website says that this hotel will no longer continue to operate as a Hilton hotel after 31 January 2021 .

I’m incredibly disappointed, this is a great hotel fairly local to me that I’ve had many enjoyable stays....such a shame.
I wonder if it will end up as a Marriott. Quite a few of the Q Hotels that are in the same group are to switch to Marriotts Delta brand including the Nottingham Belfry

Last edited by chrism20; Jan 6, 2021 at 12:38 pm
Old Jan 7, 2021, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
I wonder if it will end up as a Marriott. Quite a few of the Q Hotels that are in the same group are to switch to Marriotts Delta brand including the Nottingham Belfry
Yep, dunno.....so disappointed...... was a decent hotel.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Seems like it is going back to being a Q Hotel which seems very strange given they've been gradually converting the Q Hotel properties to either Doubletree or Delta.

"We are delighted to announce, from 1st February 2021, the Cambridge Belfry will once again be an individual and independent hotel, part of The QHotels Group."

https://www.thecambridgebelfry.co.uk
Old Jan 11, 2021, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidw70
Seems like it is going back to being a Q Hotel which seems very strange given they've been gradually converting the Q Hotel properties to either Doubletree or Delta.

"We are delighted to announce, from 1st February 2021, the Cambridge Belfry will once again be an individual and independent hotel, part of The QHotels Group."

https://www.thecambridgebelfry.co.uk
Yeah strange....... I will still pop over for the odd weekend away but shame it’s no longer a Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.