Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Thanks! How many floors does the hotel have / what’s the highest floor with standard rooms?

that -33 room looks like the ticket. I assume that’s their “panorama suite”..
Floor 22 is the highest floor I can see.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Floor 22 is the highest floor I can see.
That makes sense because I think 23 was where the lobby, lounge, etc. were.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by daloosh
Thanks everyone for all the reports! I've never considered this hotel because of the location, we've been at Cosmopolitan for a few years now, but I'm rethinking my choices for next year.
May I ask you why you did not like the location? I am considering a stay here next year, and I am wondering whether I should stay with a non-Hilton hotel. Thank you.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
That makes sense because I think 23 was where the lobby, lounge, etc. were.

Huh.

What's above that, then? The WA is clearly taller than the yellow-windowed condos next door ("The Veer Towers are twin 37-story, 480-foot (150 m), residential towers located within CityCenter on the Las Vegas Strip"). Since the Veer are 37-story, and the Waldorf directly across street tops out at 23... I guess it's all residences above the 22 story hotel...

In the photo below, where you can see the large, dark stripe/window facing the Strip, is THAT the top floor of the hotel? I was hoping for some views!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
Huh.

What's above that, then? The WA is clearly taller than the yellow-windowed condos next door ("The Veer Towers are twin 37-story, 480-foot (150 m), residential towers located within CityCenter on the Las Vegas Strip"). Since the Veer are 37-story, and the Waldorf directly across street tops out at 23... I guess it's all residences above the 22 story hotel...

In the photo below, where you can see the large, dark stripe/window facing the Strip, is THAT the top floor of the hotel? I was hoping for some views!
You are correct, the dark strip is the top of the hotel. Everything above (floors 24 to 47) is condos (the Residences of Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas.) There are several listings right now ranging from $1.1 million to $8 million if you'd like a better view
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by Andriyko
May I ask you why you did not like the location? I am considering a stay here next year, and I am wondering whether I should stay with a non-Hilton hotel. Thank you.
Ah, totally selfish and lazy reasons, I have nothing against the hotel. Each summer I attend a show held at Planet Hollywood, and I like to be close enough to be able to walk back and forth easily in the 110 degree heat. Now, there are many reasons to dislike PH, so I'll just say, too young and crowded and preening for me, tho they did redo the rooms a couple years ago.

That leaves me with Bellagio across the street, and Cosmopolitan across the skybridge. (We've stayed at Paris and Bally's, too). Aria and the WA are just a little further, so I have been eyeing them, but they are far enough to fall outside of my "walk back and forth easily in the 110 degree heat" limit. Also, I moved a lot of my hotel stays over to Marriott the last couple years, and Cosmo is Marriott.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:05 pm

MO was our go-to for our annual winter getaway stint for the last 4-5 years. We'd never been upgraded even through our Virtuoso or MO Fan Club bookings. We typically booked the legacy CityScape Suite (City View 1 bdrm) or StripView Suite (Panorama Strip View 1bdrm). I think this was in line with most people saying MO was pretty stingy with upgrades.

Fast forward to this weekend, I'm not sure if it was because of Hilton Diamond status, room not being ready after I arrived, or having the HHonors Aspire card, but we were able to get an upgrade to the legacy Dynasty Suite (Villa 1 Bedroom Suite) from night 2 of our 4 night stay. I booked with the promotional rate of stay 3, get 1 night free. And with the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in town, I wasn't too hopeful, but am happy things really worked out in our favor.

So far, I can't really tell a huge difference from MO so both my wife and I are very happy. With Diamond status, the $50 daily credit apparently applies to all food/beverage, and with the check-in mishap, we effectively have $250 in food credit, so not that much different from MO Fan Club.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mandarb916
I booked with the promotional rate of stay 3, get 1 night free...

Where can that rate rate be found? Does it work with points? I just did the 4 nights-get-1-free deal but that was still 80k a night (5 nights = 320k) and it seems a bit steep for an older hotel.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Where can that rate rate be found? Does it work with points? I just did the 4 nights-get-1-free deal but that was still 80k a night (5 nights = 320k) and it seems a bit steep for an older hotel.
I guess it was this rate.

Offer valid for stays booked and completed before December 31, 2018 (“Promotional Period”), at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts or Conrad Hotels & Resorts and is subject to availability and the selected hotel’s booking terms and conditions. Offer requires three-day advance reservation, a minimum stay of four (4) consecutive nights and a maximum stay of seven (7) consecutive nights. Each hotel has a policy addressing cancellations and/or blackout dates that may apply. Blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by hotel. Rates will vary based on individual hotels and specific travel dates selected. Unless otherwise stated, quoted rates are per room per night, based on single/double occupancy and do not include taxes, gratuities, incidental charges and resort fees (if applicable). Participating hotels are subject to change without notice. This offer is not applicable to existing reservations or group bookings, and may not be combined with other select promotions, discounts or offers. To reserve this package by phone, please contact us at 1-800-HILTONS if in the USA/Canada, or view a complete list of Hilton local reservation offices. When booking, you must book the “LRM Extra Night” package or Plan Code “PBBOG1” to receive all package benefits.

Complimentary fourth night is non-transferable and must be consumed during same stay in which it was earned. Complimentary night includes room rate, tax in same category room as paid night(s) and does not include gratuities, resort fees or incidental charges. Offer requires a minimum stay of four (4) consecutive nights and a maximum stay of seven (7) consecutive nights. The value of fourth night stay will be applied as a discount to the daily rate paid for all consumed nights as a discount of 25% off nightly rate, which relates to the hotel’s Best Available Rate,(“”BAR””), which is a specific rate type that varies depending on time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount or negotiated rates. Early departures will forfeit complimentary night(s) and rate discount not earned on nights consumed. Unless otherwise noted, all offer components are non-transferrable or redeemable for cash, expire at check-out and may not be used or applied on future stays. This offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offer or discounts and is not valid for existing reservations or groups.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:34 pm

I booked back in Sept or Oct, so likely the rate is no longer available.

I think I've seen said rate on MO's website a number of times in the past right around the same time. Basically after summer, Vegas heads into a slow season until a week or 2 before Christmas aside from conventions (like re: Invent) so pretty good deals seem to appear around late late summer to mid-autumn.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if you'd still get the $50 diamond "breakfast" credit if booking a rate such as FHR or Virtuoso which includes breakfast as well (i.e. would you receive breakfast and the $50 credit or just the $50 credit once)?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:42 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by wuileng
Does anyone know if you'd still get the $50 diamond "breakfast" credit if booking a rate such as FHR or Virtuoso which includes breakfast as well (i.e. would you receive breakfast and the $50 credit or just the $50 credit once)?
No, you'd get only the single program credit - but you would get the Virtuoso/FHR value add.
I don't know about FHR but for Virtuoso it is 100$ spa credit
from reports so far it seems that your diamond status will push along a room upgrade except at peak times
wuileng likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Just found out that my award stay for NYE comes with two guest passes to the SkyBar NYE party ($99 value per person). It was 80k points for NYE where the cash rate was $800.
How did you find out?

I just booked award stay for NYE for 80k!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Troopers
How did you find out?

I just booked award stay for NYE for 80k!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/new-yea...ts-52291194370

Says "Hotel guests will receive two complimentary tickets per hotel reservation. Non-hotel guests may purchase tickets by December 30 for USD 99 (plus fees) per person. Tickets purchased day of, on December 31 are USD 125 (no fees) per person. Tickets include entrance into the event and a midnight toast."

I've got a week booked in late January, and honestly I've been wavering... 80k a night, 320k for the week with free day... still double or more of what other properties in the area are at (30-40k) at new HGI, Embassy, etc.). I might cancel and save the points for when this Waldorf gets a remodel. I've been seeing some TA reviews that make it sound like it's on the tail end of its prime and needing a refresh that's scheduled for 2019.

Sigh.

Maybe I can pop in for NYE to check it out instead.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:05 pm

Thanks!!!! I hope front desk agent is aware. We’ll hit the party after Bruno.

ETA: just picked up Sun Dec 30 on an award.

Last edited by Troopers; Dec 27, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.