Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat
If anyone has any questions not covered here I’m happy to report back. Will be checking in later today. Really excited to report an upgrade from a strip view room to a panoramic one bedroom suite. April the concierge has been incredible about communicating back and forth via email to make the trip special. All starting on a high note!

the only checkin item I didn’t love is that there isn’t a floor plan in the Hilton app for the property yet so you can’t really Choose your room. But alas.... not a big deal because the messaging app worked fine and the hotel is very responsive

Last edited by mtsublueraider; Nov 18, 2018 at 6:41 am Reason: New info
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:12 pm

This stay has been INCREDIBLE. I love the people here. Please utilize the concierge. They’ve been incredibly helpful in finding places to eat and things to do. Everyone has been so friendly...

can confirm as diamond you get $50 per day to use anywhere you want on property and as of Sunday it can now be pooled so they basically take $150 off a three night folio. Pretty great if you ask me.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtsublueraider
.....can confirm as diamond you get $50 per day to use anywhere you want on property and as of Sunday it can now be pooled so they basically take $150 off a three night folio.......
Great news! What was $50 credit for? Was it the breakfast credit which can be used any time? Does it apply to your room rate if you don't use it?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
This stay has been INCREDIBLE. I love the people here. Please utilize the concierge. They’ve been incredibly helpful in finding places to eat and things to do. Everyone has been so friendly...

can confirm as diamond you get $50 per day to use anywhere you want on property and as of Sunday it can now be pooled so they basically take $150 off a three night folio. Pretty great if you ask me.
Did they upgrade your room without hassle?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
Received welcome email from concierge one week before CI date. Replied and requested for a generous upgrade because celebrating a special occasion. Booked a city-view king room, upgraded to junior suite 5 days before CI date. Very happy about that. Will attempt to request for a further upgrade upon checking in.
George M likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by rog92
Received welcome email from concierge one week before CI date. Replied and requested for a generous upgrade because celebrating a special occasion. Booked a city-view king room, upgraded to junior suite 5 days before CI date. Very happy about that. Will attempt to request for a further upgrade upon checking in.
Sheesh, and I was happy to get a regular room a few hours before check-in time.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Great news! What was $50 credit for? Was it the breakfast credit which can be used any time? Does it apply to your room rate if you don't use it?

$50 is supplement for breakfast credit for diamond. Can’t use anywhere for food and beverage. Have done zen kitchen for breakfast, sky bar for drinks, and room service so the $150 for three nights will just be taken off top. Can’t be used for room rate
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Did they upgrade your room without hassle?

no no hassle at all and seemed happy to do it. Keep in mind our dates are extremely in low season. But still was thrilled
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
$50 is supplement for breakfast credit for diamond
Assume that's in addition to any credit due when booking through FHR?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:43 am

$50 is diamond breakfast credit, and this resort lets u use it outside of breakfast (dinner, lounge, etc.)

$50 breakfast credit is kinda low for two guests... most resorts give u $60.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:40 am

Just found out that my award stay for NYE comes with two guest passes to the SkyBar NYE party ($99 value per person). It was 80k points for NYE where the cash rate was $800.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Has anyone that's stayed here recently snapped a pic of the floorplan map that's on the doors?

Trying to determine which room type / number to book for a January stay: I would like a higher floor corner room (prefer facing Aria - Cosmopolitan on the non-Strip side, and NOT necessarily facing the Elara-Park MGM on the Strip side - too much strobe light in the room regardless of blackout shades.

Or are those all residence super-suites once you get above a certain floor?

TDM

PS: Yes. I did google for the Mandarin Oriental floor plan/maps. But the only one I found was only for the residence floors.
PPS: Yes. Yes, I am a picky Diamond guest when I'm plunking down 80k per night weeklong stays.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Has anyone that's stayed here recently snapped a pic of the floorplan map that's on the doors?
From the Hilton app there appear to be standard rooms facing the West side, but fewer the higher up you go.

Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Thanks everyone for all the reports! I've never considered this hotel because of the location, we've been at Cosmopolitan for a few years now, but I'm rethinking my choices for next year.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
From the Hilton app there appear to be standard rooms facing the West side, but fewer the higher up you go.

Thanks! How many floors does the hotel have / what’s the highest floor with standard rooms?

that -33 room looks like the ticket. I assume that’s their “panorama suite”..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.