Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Hotel Villa Torretta Milan Sesto, Curio Collection by Hilton {ITA}

Grand Hotel Villa Torretta Milan Sesto, Curio Collection by Hilton {ITA}

Old May 4, 18, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Arrow Grand Hotel Villa Torretta Milan Sesto, Curio Collection by Hilton {ITA}

This hotel is expected to soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in August 2018.

The Grand Hotel Villa Torretta (www.villatorretta.it), is a nice 4 stars property in the north part of Milan (actually in Sesto San Giovanni). Located in a perfectly restored 17th century builing, is very close to the main motorways and convenient with the public transportation: the underground station of Bignami (line 5) is within walking distance (5 minutes), tram and many bus lines in the vicinity, with also a direct bus to Milan Central Station (10-15 minutes travel time).
Even if the surroundings are not the best from a tourist point of view (the area is in the suburbs, and there is a mix of residential and offices buildings around the hotel) I strongly reccommend this property.
In front of the hotel, across the street, there is a big shopping center, and in the opposite direction, across the 3 lanes main road connecting Milan with Monza and Lecco, there is a big urban park (Parco Nord) with plenty of outdoor activities.

I never slept in this hotel, but in the past I visited it many times for meetings or conventions and I can say is a valuable addition to the Curio Collection portfolio. Probably after the rebranding the hotel will move towards a 5 star rating, with prices increased: now they are in the 100-130 euros range for a standard room and in my opinion is a good value for money.
Old Sep 7, 18, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Hotel now open

Last week I was in the area for an event and the hotel is now open. It started operations under the new brand Curio Collection by Hilton on 27th August.

Unfortunately I had time only for a quick glance but I can say nothing has changed, apart the prices slightly increased. Anyway another good hotel in Milan joined the Hilton portfolio.
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond; Celebrity Elite Plus. Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer
Stayed at the property in early October. All the notes in the first post about the location are very useful and give a good guide to the location.

Top rate front desk reception service - well valued as a Hilton Diamond, upgraded to a two room suite - large bedroom and large living/relax area.

Sets of photographs follow
Group 1 - Suite bedroom and lounge area
Group 2 - Breakfast and dining
Group 3 - Conference area
Group 4 - Standard room
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by PeterBruce; Oct 21, 18 at 12:47 pm
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond; Celebrity Elite Plus. Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer

Courtyard entry to conference area

Suite bedroom

Bedroom ceiling

Bathroom / shower

Lounge room

Lounge room [towards door]
Photographs of Suite located on the ground level
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by PeterBruce; Oct 21, 18 at 12:45 pm
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:48 pm

Breakfast buffet area

Dining area [largest room] used for breakfast

Close up of dining tables and restored walls

Another view of dining area [3 rooms in total for breakfast].

Breakfast buffet area converts to dining area for lunch and dinner
The breakfast area and dining in the evening
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by PeterBruce; Oct 21, 18 at 12:54 pm
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:55 pm

The Conference rooms in the next group
MoodyB likes this.

Last edited by PeterBruce; Oct 21, 18 at 1:02 pm
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:57 pm

Largest room ceiling and lights

Smaller room setup
MoodyB likes this.
Old Oct 21, 18, 12:58 pm

Beds

Lounge chairs and desk

Bathroom
...................This was Standard room 110.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jul 19, 19, 4:25 am

Arriving from Linate (LIN), best to way to get to hotel without taxi. Will have large bag. Will bus to Centrale, then bus to hotel work? If so , which bus from Centrale? Thanks
Old Jul 19, 19, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; KLM Flying Blue Gold; IHG Spire Elite; Hilton Honors Diamond
You do have bus 87 from Milano central station going to Sesto San Giovanni, where the hotel is located, however, I believe the bus will leave you 1.5/2km from the hotel, so I would not suggest it.
I used the metro and it's not bad. From Milano centrale it takes about half an hour: line number 2, change in Zara to line number 5 until last stop called Bignami that is few minutes walk from the hotel.
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:29 am

Thank you for the info.
Old Jul 20, 19, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tinnub View Post
Arriving from Linate (LIN), best to way to get to hotel without taxi. Will have large bag. Will bus to Centrale, then bus to hotel work? If so , which bus from Centrale? Thanks

Best, cheapest and probably fastest way to reach the hotel from LIN is the city bus 73 with frequency each 6-9 minutes (ticket € 2, valid for 90 minutes with unlimited changes including metro) to Missori Metro station line 3 (is the second to last stop of the trip). When you get off the bus the metro station is just across the street.

You can also decide to continue on the bus to the last stop (Duomo) but from there you have a bit more to walk to the metro station of Duomo.

When at the metro station (Missori or Duomo, at your discretion) take line 3 yellow towards Comasina and get off at Zara station, where you will easily connect with line 5 towards Bignami (the last stop).

From there walk about 5 minutes northbound towards the hotel.

I would avoid the unneccessary trip to Central station and the options suggested in a previous post (bus to Central station, then bus 87) or the metro from Centrale (the info provided is incorrect, the metro line number is 3 and not 2) because if you have bags in tow is totally unconvenient (a lot of walk, longer travel time, less frequency, higher costs of two different tickets).

If you still want to go to Central station, from there you may use the bus 728 that stops just in front of the hotel (anyway I don't suggest this option).

Last edited by Aldebaran; Jul 20, 19 at 11:58 am Reason: grammar
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:19 am

Thanks for the info. Just returned from the trip and directions really helped. On thing I would add is that the 731 bus leaves from in front of the mall to the metro station, and returns from the metro station to a block from the hotel, if you want to save the walking. Also, the weather was very hot, and needed to get a fan from the FD, and even that was barely adequate. Staff was very good, but limited dining around the hotel with the exception of the mall which was nothing special. There is a grocery at the mall which is directly across the street from hotel.
Old Aug 8, 20, 9:53 pm

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Hello,
Does anyone have experience with Gold members treatment at this hotel?
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 17, 20, 2:25 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
To answer my own question: not so good (at least at the moment).

We first had to ask by e-mail for a proper (2-category) room upgrade (instead of the 1-category / 8 per night they initially offered). They then changed the fifth-floor room that I had chosen through online check-in to a basic ground-floor room (that probably wasn't in the propoer category as it was even smaller that the standard room in the pictures below. After another discussion, we ended up with a proper room, but only on the first floor (they said that other floors were closed). The property was almost emply so it was definitely not a matter of availability. At check-out, it was mentioned that they thought my rate was a F&F rate (which it wasn't), so that may have led to these initial issues.

Once inside, the room (131) proved comfortable, though a bit dark due to being on the first floor with smaller windows.

The common areas of the hotel look very nice and the hotel provides free underground parking (which helps in these temperatures).

Continental breakfast is offered in bags that one has to go pick-up at the reception (rather than being delivered to room or being provided in the restaurant as we've experienced the previous days in other Hilton hotels in Italy).

The hotel is also located quite a bit out of the way (it is actually outside of Milan). It took us around 15mn (with no traffic) to the Northern parts of the city center and 30mn to the South (e.g. Navigli district).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: