Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually used the 10 free Priority Pass admits with Hilton Amex Aspire?

Has anyone actually used the 10 free Priority Pass admits with Hilton Amex Aspire?

Old Apr 22, 18, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MAR Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Priority Club Plat. Amb., Hilton HHonors Diamond

How exactly does it work?

I'm flying in and out of San Juan and Delta doesn't have a lounge there, so I'm wondering how this works? Do they charge you the $29.99 to your card and then take it back off or is there some other method?

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 18, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
The 10 free visits should be in your PP account. They just swipe your card (your Priority Pass membership card, not your Amex) or scan the barcode from the app, and the visit is deducted from the balance of your 10 free visit allotment. I have used it twice since the Aspire card came out and have even used 2 at once when bringing in a guest. Never been charged and my lounge visits show on my PP account online.

Edit: sorry, just realized I have an Ascend card with the 10 free visits. Not sure if Aspire works the same way.
Old Apr 22, 18, 3:55 pm

Programs: HH Gold,
I used it in Cancun a couple weeks ago. I just showed them my card, they scanned it, and I was in.

I did not see any charge on my Amex.

You do have to register (at least with the Ascend) to get the priority pass, which I did when the account transferred from Citi (it was a Reserve Card).
Old Apr 22, 18, 4:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
I just find Priority Pass to be useless. It is a benefit they tag on several different credit cards and have yet to find it valuable
Old Apr 22, 18, 4:54 pm

Programs: BD
Does anybody know how long it actually takes them to send out the card after you register?

I tried to register online, where it says 10-14 days. The website gave me an error and told me to contact customer care, so I did a webchat and they claimed to enroll me that way but this time it said 6-8 weeks for the card to arrive which seems like a huge difference.
Old Apr 22, 18, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by muzthe42nd View Post
Does anybody know how long it actually takes them to send out the card after you register?

I tried to register online, where it says 10-14 days. The website gave me an error and told me to contact customer care, so I did a webchat and they claimed to enroll me that way but this time it said 6-8 weeks for the card to arrive which seems like a huge difference.
I got mine in about 4 weeks. But I am thinking that there is a way to get an app on your phone that you can use to show membership if you need to.

The welcome letter mentioned something about it. Can they at least get you your membership number so you can log on the the PP website and maybe download the app?
Old Apr 22, 18, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold, SPG
I just finished a two week trip to China and used it twice in Guilin and once in Terminal 2 in Beijing. The Guilin lounge was sparse and small (really not worth much). The Beijing lounge was OK. There were some food dishes, beverages (including alcohol), and English newspapers. It was worthwhile if you want a quiet place to hang out.
Old Apr 22, 18, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
I got mine in about 4 weeks. But I am thinking that there is a way to get an app on your phone that you can use to show membership if you need to.

The welcome letter mentioned something about it. Can they at least get you your membership number so you can log on the the PP website and maybe download the app?
They gave me my membership nimber over the phone. Then you can just create an account, download the app and use that. No membership card necessary. Although I did receive mine a couple of weeks later.
GuyverII likes this.
Old Apr 22, 18, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer View Post
I just find Priority Pass to be useless. It is a benefit they tag on several different credit cards and have yet to find it valuable
I was in Cancun on a busy Saturday. The terminal is completely packed. People are sitting on the floor. Every restaurant has a line to be seated.

The PP is a small little VIP salon. It was a little crowded, but I got a soft couch and some coffee, and then a couple of beers. It was free. I used one of my 10 passes.

My home airport has no PP lounge yet. I will probably not have the opportunity to use all 10 free visits this year, so I am going to use them when I can. I certainly didn't get the CC to get the passes, but it is a nice benefit that I will take.
preahkaew likes this.
Old Apr 22, 18, 5:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
I was in Cancun on a busy Saturday. The terminal is completely packed. People are sitting on the floor. Every restaurant has a line to be seated.

The PP is a small little VIP salon. It was a little crowded, but I got a soft couch and some coffee, and then a couple of beers. It was free. I used one of my 10 passes.

My home airport has no PP lounge yet. I will probably not have the opportunity to use all 10 free visits this year, so I am going to use them when I can. I certainly didn't get the CC to get the passes, but it is a nice benefit that I will take.
The club would literally not exist if someone did not find value in it. My comment was simply that for my travel and home airport the benefit is worthless.
Old Apr 22, 18, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, IHG, HH
Aspire has unlimited PP lounge visit + up to 2 guests. I flew out of ORD a week ago and took my aunt there. They just swiped my PP card and no charge came up on my Amex card. I don't remember how long it took for my physical PP card to arrive, but it was more than 1-2 weeks I believe, after my online registration.

Ascend is the one with 10 visits only.
Old Apr 22, 18, 9:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
My local airport just added a nice restaurant to it. I get a $28 credit which will more than cover a food item of my choice, and two drinks. Hardly worthless.
Softwizard likes this.
Old Apr 22, 18, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I used 4 at ATL a few weeks back with the ascend card. Show your card and bp and in you go. Super nice to get out of the busy terminal to some quiet and good snacks.
Old Apr 23, 18, 12:31 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Understandable that it doesn't work for everyone. Even my own use is spotty since here in PHX it's only open until 3:30, and in the morning I get a couple cups of coffee or tea before taking the 15 minute walk to the A-gates. It's awesome in PDX though with all the restaurant options. There's a multi-page thread about the usefulness if you want to contribute!
Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating
Old Apr 23, 18, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: MAR Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Priority Club Plat. Amb., Hilton HHonors Diamond
Interesting responses. I'm an Amex Aspire (not Ascend holder), so I assume I get unlimited free visits. I actually would find this useful because Im now scheduled to fly into places where DAL doesn't have a lounge/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: