Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Amex Priority Pass" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold

I searched for this and could not my answer anywhere... I read in various blogs that the Amex Surpass comes with a free Priority Pass membership. Is that true or is that an old feature? I no longer see this feature in the Amex website.

Does anyone know?

TIA!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
It is listed on the Amex website and yes, I can verify you receive the benefit
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Still in Effect

I can verify it is still a benefit. I use the pass occassionally without difficulties. I just received my card last month.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Yes, but keep in mind the "free pass" means pass is free. Access to lounges is NOT free - hence the PP scam (as I call it).
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Originally Posted by ulzimates
I searched for this and could not my answer anywhere... I read in various blogs that the Amex Surpass comes with a free Priority Pass membership. Is that true or is that an old feature? I no longer see this feature in the Amex website.
It's a "Select" Priority Pass card, so not really worth anything for United fliers. I have used it for free lounge access at Heathrow and Dulles, but not much beyond that.

There's LOTS more info in this thread
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Priority Pass thru Amex Surpass card

I did a search but didn't find anything about this pass that I got with my Amex Surpass card. Is there a thread dealing with the Priority Pass that I missed?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:20 pm

There are dozens of threads spread throughout FT.

Of course, there is always http://www.prioritypass.com/
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
I did a search but didn't find anything about this pass that I got with my Amex Surpass card. Is there a thread dealing with the Priority Pass that I missed?
As noted above, lots of priority pass threads on FT. For example, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...=priority+pass
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:56 pm

Appreciate the links Upgrade and Jerry! I put in Priority Pass in the Search button and I dabbled through the first three pages but didn't see anything with those search words.

Thanks for the response though,

Anthony
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Remember PP is free, but lounge access is still not. Even with PP you have to pay to enter.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Remember PP is free, but lounge access is still not. Even with PP you have to pay to enter.
I read that on the PP website. Now, one further question is on the website it says that my two year old will be charged but it is at the discretion of the lounge. Is that correct? My two yr old and I are flying from PHX to LAX then on to HNL and with a 4.5 hr layover in LAX (Sunday) I'd like take advantage of PP but ony if my little guy won't be charged.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by aspenedelen
I read that on the PP website. Now, one further question is on the website it says that my two year old will be charged but it is at the discretion of the lounge. Is that correct?
Why would that not be correct?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Question re: Priority Pass Select Membership on Surpass card

Hi All,

Maybe you can shed a bit of light here. I have the Amex Platinum card, which comes with Priority Pass Select. Here is what it says about that:
After you enroll, your membership in Priority Pass Select will provide you entry to over 600 international and domestic lounges in 100 countries, regardless of which carrier or class you are flying. Guests may enter with you for a fee of $27 per person.
That's my experience. I have used multiple lounges with no fee. My membership covers the entry. I'm considering the Surpass card for my wife so she has Priority Pass as well, but the Hilton Surpass terms say the following:
Airport Lounge Access: Access to over 600 airport lounges around the world with complimentary Priority Pass membership, valued at $99. With this complimentary membership, all lounge visits are subject to a fee of U.S. $27 per person per visit. See additional details below.
Am I just an idiot missing some find print here? It seems like both cards offer Priority Pass Select. Why does the Surpass come with a $27 lounge entry fee whereas I have used my Plat Priority Club membership to get me into a bunch of lounges free? THANKS!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt/IHG DL/B6/WN/AA
I have the Surpass card. When I received the Priority Pass card in the mail (took about six weeks, btw), the letter accompanying it indicated it was a Priority Pass Standard membership, which carries the $27 access fee.

However, the card itself says Select, so I'm not sure what to make of that. I haven't had a chance to actually use the Priority Pass membership yet so I don't have any actual boots on the ground experience. Hopefully someone else does.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:48 am

The physical cards do look the same, but the membership that actually comes with the Surpass charges $27 per visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.