Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually used the 10 free Priority Pass admits with Hilton Amex Aspire?

Has anyone actually used the 10 free Priority Pass admits with Hilton Amex Aspire?

Old Apr 23, 18, 9:48 am

Programs: baec
if you have the PP card number then you can download the app and just that and the lounge the agent either keys or swipes the card or touch the phone to card device then it then authorises the pass into the lounge.
i use it when not flying on BA at airports where i would not normally get lounge access and yes it is worth it to me but i think depending on the PP card on what access you get mine is 10 free then rest of the year @ £15 each visit after the free ones

Last edited by the storm fisherman; Apr 23, 18 at 10:14 am
Old Apr 23, 18, 10:33 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I used it once so far this year when I was in GUA. Presented my card, the logged in and no issues. My visit included a free meal from the "limited" menu and 3 drinks of my choice.
I will be using it more this year when I travel to Aruba and Scottland later on in the summer.
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Has worked well for me. I had Lounge Club before this and just like the Priority Pass membership the 10 visits are not 10 visits just for the account holder. I took in guests with me and two visits was deducted. Definitely get my money's worth in the year.
Old Apr 24, 18, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus View Post
Interesting responses. I'm an Amex Aspire (not Ascend holder), so I assume I get unlimited free visits. I actually would find this useful because Im now scheduled to fly into places where DAL doesn't have a lounge/
Esp starting in 2019 if not flying on DL metal.
Old Apr 25, 18, 11:51 am

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I have the Ascend. I had the Surpass for years and was transitioned into the Ascend. I signed up with Priority Pass and rec'd my card. I note on the paperwork with the card it says $27 per lounge visit? No mention of the 10 free visits?
Old Apr 25, 18, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Call or send an email to PP to confirm your enrollment is for the Standard Plus. It probably is but not worth the hassle of trying to get the money back after.

Originally Posted by koctail View Post
I have the Ascend. I had the Surpass for years and was transitioned into the Ascend. I signed up with Priority Pass and rec'd my card. I note on the paperwork with the card it says $27 per lounge visit? No mention of the 10 free visits?
Old Apr 25, 18, 1:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by koctail View Post
If you go to your account page with AMEX, it had the ability to activate the 10 free passes. I had PP with Surpass and had the same $27 terms, when it went to the Ascend, I used the same card to get in for no charge as one of my 10 visits. I think I registered on the Amex page that outlines your spend and benefits.
Old Apr 25, 18, 3:05 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Choice Gold, TR Platinum
Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
If you go to your account page with AMEX, it had the ability to activate the 10 free passes. I had PP with Surpass and had the same $27 terms, when it went to the Ascend, I used the same card to get in for no charge as one of my 10 visits. I think I registered on the Amex page that outlines your spend and benefits.
+1. I actually called PP and they told me it was an error and not to worry, I'd get my free passes. I have used it since then and have not been charged.
Old Apr 25, 18, 3:59 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Thanks. Yeah I had already enrolled on the AMEX site. Looks like the literature they sent is regarding the Surpass card and Ascend does have the 10 free passes. I called Priority Pass to confirm. My 10 expire at the end of October. Not sure how they came up with that date, but will get another 10 after that date.
Old Apr 25, 18, 5:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
My nagging question: since the Amex / Citi changeover, I now have two Ascend cards.

I signed up for PP, keyed to the Amex number on one of them. Got the welcome mail, PP card, etc.

But my Amex account also happens to say I have an invite to activate a PP account on the OTHER card's "offers" area.

Can an I have two PP accounts and therefore 10 passes per card? Seems like it should work...

Anyone try this?
Old Jul 27, 18, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Here's the T&C from AMEX's site:
NEW! Priority PassTM Select

Priority Pass Select membership provides access to airport lounges participating in the Priority Pass Select program. You must enroll your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card in the Priority Pass™ Select program to access the benefits. Once enrolled, you will receive your Priority Pass Select card directly from Priority Pass within 10-14 business days. There is no membership fee with your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card. With your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card you will receive 10 complimentary lounge visits every calendar year. Once your 10 complimentary lounge visits are used, all subsequent lounge visits during the remainder of the same calendar year are subject to a fee of U.S. $27 per person per visit, which will be automatically charged to your Card. To check on your remaining complimentary visit balance, please contact Priority Pass directly. Any unused complimentary lounge visits will be forfeited at the end of each calendar year. Priority Pass Select membership automatically renews on the anniversary date of your enrollment in the Priority Pass Select program. Priority Pass membership may be cancelled by American Express if your Card is cancelled. Priority Pass Select lounge partners and locations are subject to change. To access a lounge, you must show your valid Priority Pass Select card and an airline ticket for travel on the same day for you and each of your guests. This benefit is limited to the Basic Card Member. Additional Card Members are not eligible for this benefit, however, a complimentary visit may be applied to a guest visit, including for Additional Card Members. If you have no complimentary visits available, the Basic Card Member and each guest will be charged $27 per person, per visit. In some lounges, Priority Pass Select member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Lounge fees and rules of participating lounges are subject to change. Priority Pass Select membership is subject to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use. For complete Priority Pass terms and conditions and a listing of participating lounges, please visit www.prioritypass.com/select.

So can I use all 10 passes at once? Ie guest in 9 people? Hmm...
Old Jul 27, 18, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Hyatt "Giggity-Giggity", DL Silver, UA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BW Diamond
I used mine recently in MEL. I hadn’t gotten the card yet, but the membership number I had worked fine.
Old Jul 27, 18, 1:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post
My nagging question: since the Amex / Citi changeover, I now have two Ascend cards.

I signed up for PP, keyed to the Amex number on one of them. Got the welcome mail, PP card, etc.

But my Amex account also happens to say I have an invite to activate a PP account on the OTHER card's "offers" area.

Can an I have two PP accounts and therefore 10 passes per card? Seems like it should work...

Anyone try this?
Late response, but just went through a similar quandry.

I was in the same boat--two Ascend cards with PP actived on one of them. I switched the other (non-PP enrolled) Ascend card to Aspire before activating PP on it. When I called PP to follow-up, I asked them about having two PP memberships on different Amex cards and was told it was fine. Each membership is tied to a specific card, so you can have two memberships and choose which one to use for any given lounge entrance.
Old Jul 27, 18, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LTPP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer View Post
I just find Priority Pass to be useless. It is a benefit they tag on several different credit cards and have yet to find it valuable
I've found it *reasonably* valuable over the past 3 years I've had it with the Citi Prestige card. It's easy - just swipe the card for you and up to 2 guests and you're in. Aspire works the same way.

The PP lounge is almost never going to be as good as your own airline's business-class lounge. I think of each person-visit as worth about $10-15 - a comfy place to sit, a couple drinks, and a snack. Once in a while you run into a lounge that's a rundown dump (CDG) and once in a while you run into a really nice roomy one with good, hot food (FCO, they'll make you a pasta dish to order). But even the rundown dump usually has complimentary drinks and beats sitting in the terminal.

And then there are the restaurants that have joined the program. I'm on an early-afternoon flight out of PDX about once a month, so I always grab lunch at the participating restaurant in the terminal. Sandwich and a tall beer results in no charge other than a tip.

I figure I do about 40 person-visits per year plus a few meals. As sort of a throw-in benefit with a credit card, it's worth it to me.
Old Jul 27, 18, 8:52 am

Programs: Several
I've used 4 of them so far this year, both times in DEN (2 for me, 2 for a guest) at the restaurant that participates in PP. For $28/person/visit, it's definitely a nice bonus when I have the time during a connection especially when comparing the food against what the United clubs offer. I used the PP app as I forgot my card, but it was simple enough.

Search this Thread