Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

where is the "Paris Hilton Hotel" today? (the one near Eiffel Tower in 1989/1990)

where is the "Paris Hilton Hotel" today? (the one near Eiffel Tower in 1989/1990)

Old Apr 21, 18, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LH, BA

Back in 1989 and 1990, I stayed at "Paris Hilton Hotel" for a couple of weeks during each year. I still have the hotel in-room stationery and room service menus. Have not stayed in that area since then...(after my company switched contract to the InterContinental hotel by the opera)

Where is the "Paris Hilton Hotel" today? I can't seem to find it on Google Maps. There seems to be a hotel in its location, but the outside looks different... or is that it? (Pullman something)

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 18, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by geometry View Post
Back in 1989 and 1990, I stayed at "Paris Hilton Hotel" for a couple of weeks during each year. I still have the hotel in-room stationery and room service menus. Have not stayed in that area since then...(after my company switched contract to the InterContinental hotel by the opera)

Where is the "Paris Hilton Hotel" today? I can't seem to find it on Google Maps. There seems to be a hotel in its location, but the outside looks different... or is that it? (Pullman something)

Thanks!
That one has not been a Hilton for some time now. You do have a Hilton Paris Opera and Hilton Paris La Defense in other areas of Paris (meaning not next to the Eiffel Tower).

Pullman is in the Accor group.
Old Apr 21, 18, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by geometry View Post

Thanks!
The Paris Hilton (Eiffel Tower) left the Hilton Honors program years ago (2009) and was reflagged by Accor as the Pullman Paris:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11050613-post640.html
b1513 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 18, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select, CAM Card
It's now the Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower (Accor chain).
Old Apr 21, 18, 4:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I remember it as a Hilton, it's big selling point being that it was located between two parks, right by the Eiffel Tower and close to Quai Branly. So a good place to access any part of central Paris quickly. It also has an eye catching design, and at that time it was one of the few modern large hotels in the city centre. Service was a bit iffy though, particularly if they had large tour groups in. I haven't stayed there recently, but I bet the tour groups are still there.

Hotel PARIS - Pullman Paris Eiffel Tower
Old Apr 21, 18, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Service was a bit iffy though, particularly if they had large tour groups in.
Service was also a bit rough at the Hilton Paris Arc de Triomphe. I guess it's a Parisian thing.

Totally OT: in 1998, my wife and I lived in Paris for six months in the 16th arrondissement. Every evening at 9:00 PM, we would walk to the Eiffel Tower. It took 15 minutes.

We got totally disappointed when the Hilton Paris Eiffel Tower stopped being a Hilton as at that time we were planning a stay there.
Old Apr 21, 18, 8:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I just miss the other Paris property on Courcelles (the Arc de place).

Killer breakfast.
Old Apr 25, 18, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I just noticed the Astor and Niepce are now both 61k in July (were 75k) with a free night comes to 244k for 5 nights. If you value points at .004/.005 that’s pretty decent, we have the Opera for 278k so now I have to ask myself is the lounge worth 34k ($150) for 5 days; I assume breakfast will be good at all 3?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: