FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Milestone Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1905240-milestone-bonus.html)

Bartinbrook Apr 21, 2018 6:11 am

Milestone Bonus

I've been a Diamond Member for sometime and as 21 April 2018 I've stayed 46 nights in Hilton properties this year to date. I thought that the new scheme, effective from the start of April 2018, awarded 10k bonus points when one hit 40 nights and another 10k points at 50 nights etc. The iPhone app backs this up ie it says I will get the 10k bonus for staying 40 nights. However, the points haven't appeared and so I called the Diamond Desk. The person I spoke to told me that the 40 nights start from April 2018 ie any nights from January 2018 to end of March 2018 are not counted.

I can't see any mention of this rule and I'm surprised the app is so misleading that they haven't updated with a fix (the lady I spoke to said that the app isn't able to calculate the number of nights from April...I'm struggling to believe that). Does anyone know the actual situation please?

missamo80 Apr 21, 2018 9:03 am

According to The Points Guy they're supposed to go back and retroactively apply the bonuses.

Note that my understanding of the new program is it's 10k bonus for every 10 nights *after* you hit 40 nights, not 10k bonus for hitting 40 nights and then another 10k every 10 stays after that. So you don't qualify yet, and would need 4 more nights to see your first bonus.

kkong42 Apr 21, 2018 9:17 am

Originally Posted by missamo80 (Post 29667440)
Note that my understanding of the new program is it's 10k bonus for every 10 nights *after* you hit 40 nights, not 10k bonus for hitting 40 nights and then another 10k every 10 stays after that. So you don't qualify yet, and would need 4 more nights to see your first bonus.

This is not correct.

You get 10,000 points after 40 nights.
Another 10,000 points after 50 nights.
Another 40,000 points after 60 nights.

I have had the first two bonuses already, so I can verify this is correct.

And yes, all nights from 1st January do count towards the totals.

HHonors OUTSIDER Apr 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Bartinbrook (Post 29667017)
I've been a Diamond Member for sometime and as 21 April 2018 I've stayed 46 nights in Hilton properties this year to date. I thought that the new scheme, effective from the start of April 2018, awarded 10k bonus points when one hit 40 nights and another 10k points at 50 nights etc. The iPhone app backs this up ie it says I will get the 10k bonus for staying 40 nights. However, the points haven't appeared and so I called the Diamond Desk. The person I spoke to told me that the 40 nights start from April 2018 ie any nights from January 2018 to end of March 2018 are not counted.

I can't see any mention of this rule and I'm surprised the app is so misleading that they haven't updated with a fix (the lady I spoke to said that the app isn't able to calculate the number of nights from April...I'm struggling to believe that). Does anyone know the actual situation please?

It is astounding how often the Diamond desk is inaccurate. Your 10,000 points should of posted with the stay that put you at or over 40 nights. To have it fixed call Honors customer service and have them file a case and it should be fixed within 3 to 5 business days. When you call in try avoiding the Diamond desk.

Bartinbrook Apr 22, 2018 7:23 am

Thanks for the information all.

I called Hilton back today and got someone who didn't seem to know about the Milestone Bonus change (do they train their call centre teams on Hilton Honor scheme updates?) but was at least willing to file a case for me rather than completely dismiss my claim. My 50 night bonus is due very soon, so will be interesting to see what happens with that...

wizla Apr 22, 2018 8:35 am

Hmmmm , I've had 6 stays this year since 1st January and my 10k BONUS triggered after just 5 .

BrlDsguise Apr 22, 2018 11:00 am

Originally Posted by wizla (Post 29670344)
Hmmmm , I've had 6 stays this year since 1st January and my 10k BONUS triggered after just 5 .

That was the 2k/10k promo bonus.

smmrfld Apr 22, 2018 11:48 am

Originally Posted by wizla (Post 29670344)

That has nothing to do with this thread. You're referring to the "quarterly" bonus.

Hilton Honors Ambassador Apr 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to jump in here to hopefully alleviate some of the confusion.

Milestone bonuses are even more Bonus Points that members can unlock by staying more nights. These bonuses allow members to earn a fixed amount of Hilton Honors Bonus Points when they achieve a certain number of eligible nights during each calendar year. This is in addition to any Bonus Points earned from elite status bonuses, Hilton Honors credit cards and promotions.

Members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points on every 10th night, once they reach at least 40 nights in a calendar year. It’s not a limited time offer, no registration is required and there is no cap — the more a member stays, the more they earn. On the 60th night per year, members will receive an additional 30,000 Bonus Points.

All eligible nights stayed during the 2018 calendar year will count toward these new Milestone Bonuses - so from January 2018 and on.

Bartinbrook - I'll send you a PM to get your Hilton Honors account number and make sure your specific questions are addressed about your account.

Thanks!
Lauren

mnredfox Apr 24, 2018 1:01 am

I have to admit this is a nice perk (though not earth shattering) but will keep me in Hilton hotels past my qualification.

wizla Apr 24, 2018 1:08 am

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise (Post 29670756)
That was the 2k/10k promo bonus.

oh ok...... yep, I stand corrected.....many thanks.

felizdenovo Apr 26, 2018 5:51 am

I have reached 40 nights this Monday and nothing :( Please someone tell me 10K points are on the way and I have to wait.

pdac1975 Apr 26, 2018 1:17 pm

I hit 40 nights last week and still don't see the 10k pts either.

robyoung Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Same here, I hit 40 nights last week and haven't got the 10k bonus - will see what happens when I hit 50 nights in a few weeks time!

felizdenovo Apr 27, 2018 2:59 am

Just FYI, I had a chat with Hilton support and this is what they replied:

"We have received a updated from our respective team that they are working on it on the higher priority and will get it fixed as soon as possible."

and promised that the points would be credited by the end of the month.