Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milestone Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The website tracker claims it'll start at 29 nights, but the app has the same thing that seems to work regardless of the number of nights you're at.

It correctly states I've had 16 nights this year, and that I need 24 more to get my first bonus of 10K points.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I wish they'd differentiate between YTD nights and rollover nights. I rolled over 17 nights from 2018.

After my 8th night this year, I earned a 10,000 point bonus.
After 5 more nights, I got another 10,000 point bonus.
After 5 more nights, yet another 10,000 point bonus.
After 4 more nights, even another 10,000 point bonus.

I'm appreciative of the goof-up in my favor, but I have a feeling a random audit will correct the overage at unknown point in the future.

Of course, the "My offers" section of the website shows 0 stays and 0 nights for this current promo.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aww3583
I wish they'd differentiate between YTD nights and rollover nights. I rolled over 17 nights from 2018.

After my 8th night this year, I earned a 10,000 point bonus.
This sounds a like more like the Points Unlimited Promo than the Milestone Bonus - Kick Off 2019 with Points Unlimited Promo
(Hard to say for sure given you only stated nights and not stays or length of stay)

Of course, the "My offers" section of the website shows 0 stays and 0 nights for this current promo.
Again this sounds like Points Unlimited. The website resets each time you get the bonus, so I've had 16 nights/stays this year, so I've received 3x the 10,000 bonus, and it currently shows that I'm 1 stay towards the next bonus.

For this particular promo, having an accurate night counter (excluding rollover) wouldn't necessarily help due to the way it's based on nights or stays since the last bonus.

Last edited by docbert; Apr 7, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Bumping this thread to report that when my 60th night Milestone points had not posted by last week I contacted Lauren for assistance. She arranged for them to be credited within one business day.

Sometimes, we can have nice things! ^
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Bumping this thread to report that when my 60th night Milestone points had not posted by last week I contacted Lauren for assistance. She arranged for them to be credited within one business day.

Sometimes, we can have nice things! ^
Thanks for letting us know. Since Oct 30 2018 I have none posting from 2018 and none so far in 2019 so there seems to be IT issues still going on unless no one else is having milestone points issues?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just to clarify that was my 60th night last year.

I strongly suggest you PM Lauren to have her look into the status of your Milestone earning.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Just to clarify that was my 60th night last year.

I strongly suggest you PM Lauren to have her look into the status of your Milestone earning.
Ok ok. I am missing several from last year and now several from this year. Wondering if anyone else had theirs post this year?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, A3 Gold (*G)
My bonus for 70th night did not post. 40th night was delayed and posted later.

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER

Ok ok. I am missing several from last year and now several from this year. Wondering if anyone else had theirs post this year?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Any recent word on whether automatic posting of milestone bonuses has been fixed yet?

I passed 40 nights a week ago and got an App message saying an extra 10,000 bonus would post etc. but nothing so far.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:58 am

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My 40th night 10,000 points was posted together with the points from the stay. Though points from the APAC Visa Double Points promotion was missing and had to be manually credited by the online chat agent.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dambus
Any recent word on whether automatic posting of milestone bonuses has been fixed yet?

I passed 40 nights a week ago and got an App message saying an extra 10,000 bonus would post etc. but nothing so far.
I don't recall an App message, but my 40th night was credited within a Polish HGI booking. I stayed there for nights 38 to 41 and it showed up within the total credits for that stay, itemised as "2019 Milestone 10,000 Points at 40 Nights". It came up about 24 hours after my departure. I have recently done night 50 but no credit of any description has shown up yet, 3 days after departure, this was a Hilton in the UAE. I had a lot of problems with last year's programme, this year is looking better.
Dambus likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
I hit 60 nights on 12th June but have still not had the bonus. Chased the Diamond team several times and all I get is that "there's a problem with the system". Incredibly poor, espeically when previous bonuses posted very close to the stays. Truly a PITA, as I need to make a points booking.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I reached my 50th night on July 30th. I have yet to receive the Milestone Bonus. I received all of the base and bonus points within 48 hours of checking out.

I used the webform to submit an issue online and heard back in about 18 hours. They said Milestone Bonuses take 30 days to post and they "humbly request [me] to give them the necessary time frame till [sic] the milestone bonus points will be credited to your account".

The HHonors T&Cs state
"9. When are Milestone Bonus Points posted to my account?

Members will receive these Bonus Points once completing the eligible stay that achieves the Milestone Bonus. These Bonus Points will then be posted after check-out for that eligible stay.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:37 pm

I reached my 50th night on July 30th. I have yet to receive the Milestone Bonus. I received all of the base and bonus points within 48 hours of checking out.

I used the webform to submit an issue online and heard back in about 18 hours. They said Milestone Bonuses take 30 days to post and they "humbly request [me] to give them the necessary time frame till [sic] the milestone bonus points will be credited to your account".

The HHonors T&Cs state
Won’t happen. HH rep Lauren is terrific and can get it sorted out for you. HH Twitter DMs were great up until recently - now you get the sort of garbage you noted above. Unsure who is currently staffing SM contacts - HH or Edelman - but service has clearly degraded.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
It is astounding how often the Diamond desk is inaccurate. Your 10,000 points should of posted with the stay that put you at or over 40 nights. To have it fixed call Honors customer service and have them file a case and it should be fixed within 3 to 5 business days. When you call in try avoiding the Diamond desk.
Sure is astounding. How can you have a desk to help your most frequent guests and not be an expert is silly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.