FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Diamond Challenge complete this weekend... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1904961-diamond-challenge-complete-weekend.html)

Hawkeyefan Apr 19, 18 10:38 pm

Diamond Challenge complete this weekend...
 
Have 7 stays down 1 to go, which I am doing at the Hilton MSP this Sat. Due date was 4/24,
So just in the nick of time. Question...will I be treated like a Credit Card Diamond, heads in beds Diamond, or something in between? Anyone out there that completed the challenge have data points?

PayItForward Apr 20, 18 8:16 am

My guess is a Diamond is a Diamond. I suspect a regular at a property outranks a 1st visit Diamond.

timfountain Apr 20, 18 8:24 am

Honestly, the treatment of tru DIA, esp in the US is shameful. Now that they give out status like candy there really is no difference between true and cubic zirconium diamonds.

Hawkeyefan Apr 24, 18 8:38 am

Got the email this morning

We've got great news! Your Diamond status match with Hilton Honors has been extended through March 31, 2020. It’s our way of saying thank you for staying with us.

Did not expect to be extended into 2020. Nice touch.

ulker32 Apr 24, 18 9:35 am


Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 29677930)
Got the email this morning

We've got great news! Your Diamond status match with Hilton Honors has been extended through March 31, 2020. Itís our way of saying thank you for staying with us.

Did not expect to be extended into 2020. Nice touch.

Had the same, what i wonder, if I for exemple do not stay in 2019, but in January/February/march 2020 have 30stays/60nights, do I stay Diamond for the rest of 2020 or 2021?

jerry a. laska Apr 24, 18 11:11 am


Originally Posted by ulker32 (Post 29678158)
Had the same, what i wonder, if I for exemple do not stay in 2019, but in January/February/march 2020 have 30stays/60nights, do I stay Diamond for the rest of 2020 or 2021?

With 30 stays/60 nights in January - March 2020, you would be diamond through the end of March 2021.

PayItForward Apr 24, 18 10:57 pm


Originally Posted by ulker32 (Post 29678158)
Had the same, what i wonder, if I for exemple do not stay in 2019, but in January/February/march 2020 have 30stays/60nights, do I stay Diamond for the rest of 2020 or 2021?


Originally Posted by jerry a. laska (Post 29678558)
With 30 stays/60 nights in January - March 2020, you would be diamond through the end of March 2021.

If you clock 30 stays or 60 nights between January to March of 2020, (in terms of qualifying for 2021 status), there is really no difference if you took up the process up till Dec 31st, 2020.
At the end, stays / nights in the calendar year 2020 counts towards status for 2021 which expires in March 2022.
That said, if your 30 stays or 60 nights exceeded March 2020, then whatever you stayed in 2019 (which you think is zero) will be your new status from April 2020 until you hit Silver / Gold / Diamond threshold as you start staying in 2020. Hope this helps.

jerry a. laska Apr 25, 18 11:14 am


Originally Posted by PayItForward (Post 29680703)
If you clock 30 stays or 60 nights between January to March of 2020, (in terms of qualifying for 2021 status), there is really no difference if you took up the process up till Dec 31st, 2020.
At the end, stays / nights in the calendar year 2020 counts towards status for 2021 which expires in March 2022.
That said, if your 30 stays or 60 nights exceeded March 2020, then whatever you stayed in 2019 (which you think is zero) will be your new status from April 2020 until you hit Silver / Gold / Diamond threshold as you start staying in 2020. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the correction, you are right. I'm not sure what I was thinking now that I look at the question and my answer. I must have been thinking that the OP was asking about next January - March, 2019 (and was planning on not staying in 2018) and not two years from now..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:53 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.