Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Aspire Card - Enrollment in Airline Fee Credit of $250

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie

Enjoy perks while you fly.

Feel free to check your bags or enjoy an in-flight meal on us. Select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $250 a year in statement credits when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account. American Express relies on accurate airline transaction data to identify incidental fee purchases. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying incidental purchase on your eligible Card after 4 weeks, simply call the number on the back of your Card. See terms & conditions for more details.

How It Works

1. Select the qualifying airline you want online, or by calling the number on the back of your Card. You can change your airline selection online or by phone once a year in January.
  2. Use your Card to pay for eligible incidental travel fees from that airline.
  3. You'll receive a statement credit covering those fees, typically 2-4 weeks after you pay for them.

Good to Know

1. This benefit doesn't offer credit toward airline tickets, mileage points purchases or mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, upgrades, duty-free purchases, or award tickets.
  2. Eligible purchases made by both the Basic and any Additional Card Members are covered. However, statement credits for eligible purchases can't exceed $250 on the Card account per calendar year.
  3. Read below for other important terms and conditions.

$250 Airline Fee Credit Benefit Terms and Conditions

Benefit is available to Hilton Honors Aspire Card Members only. To receive statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees, Card Member must select one qualifying airline at www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card Account can select the qualifying airline. Card Members who have not chosen one qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. Card Members who have already selected one qualifying airline will be able to change their choice one time each year in January at www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice or by calling the number on the back of the Card. Card Members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits. Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees. The airline must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be recognized as an incidental air travel fee. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Card Account. We rely on airlines to submit the correct information on airline transactions, so please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.
Print Wikipost

Aspire Card - Enrollment in Airline Fee Credit of $250

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Question Aspire Card - Enrollment in Airline Fee Credit of $250

If you have the Aspire card, were you able to select your preferred Airline for the $250 credit by logging in to: www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice (this is the link given in Aspire cards terms and conditions site in AMEX: www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card-application/apply/supplementary/terms/hilton-honors-aspire-credit-card/36182-9-0)?

The link is not working for my account. I tried several times, and it always says, "We're sorry...". Same thing when I click on the "Enroll Now" option within my AMEX account. Something isn't working properly in my web account. Anyone experiencing similar issue? I had the old Surpass card (now Ascend card) as well (I will cancel it after paying off this month's bill), and perhaps the website is conflicted. Anyone carrying both Ascend and Asipre card having similar issue?

Also, anyone know why the following link shows-up in Google? https://www.americanexpress.com/airlinechoice/ ? Is this a legitimate AMEX site or a scam? I logged-in to this link without carefully looking into the whole link ("airlinechoice" vs "airlinecreditchoice") and now worried if my account got compromised. Stupid me.

Last question: We can buy AA gift cards and get reimbursed up to $250, correct? The terms and conditions (above link) says gift cards are excluded. How about purchase of AA Admirals Club membership? If AA gift cards are excluded but Admiral Club membership purchase is OK to receive reimbursement then I may consider cancelling the Citibank Executive card.

Thanks,
Tintin
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:03 am

Tintin you can chat with a representative. Thats what i had to do and i got an email of confirmed airline choice. GL
Tintin likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Followup

I just called AMEX and spoke with a wonderful representative. She enrolled me for the credit in American Airlines right away over the phone. Apparently they are having some issue with the online (web) Airline Credit enrollment and Priority Pass enrollment both. Their web/IT is looking into it. But meanwhile please call the number back of your card to complete your enrollment.

I received my Priority Pass card yesterday. I enrolled in Priority Pass in the AMEX app (go to Membership tab, and there you can enroll in Priority Pass) and then called AMEX to verify about a week ago. It worked. Received card yesterday. AMEX online account website is still not showing my Priority Pass enrollment, but I am OK in Priority Pass app and in AMEX app (iPhone).

Not sure how to check Airline enrollment in the app. But the phone representative was very informed about the issue and she was able to enroll me for the credit in American Airlines within a minute. So I am assuming it went well.

Is there anything else I need to enroll for getting all the card benefits? Yes, there is ShopRunner, but what else? Do I need to enroll for the weekend certificate? $100 and/or $250 Hilton credits? etc. etc.

Thanks,
Tintin
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmms8
Tintin you can chat with a representative. Thats what i had to do and i got an email of confirmed airline choice. GL
Thanks, bmms8. I wish I had seen your post a few minutes ago. Yes, I just received the e-mail as well (after reading your post, I refreshed my browser and saw the e-mail).

Is there any other enrollment, except Priority Pass and Airlines Credit?

Many thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Tintin
Thanks, bmms8. I wish I had seen your post a few minutes ago. Yes, I just received the e-mail as well (after reading your post, I refreshed my browser and saw the e-mail).

Is there any other enrollment, except Priority Pass and Airlines Credit?

Many thanks.
Hey no worries! No i do not believe so. Just be sure to update your Hilton Honors account with the new card info so stays are charged on that card. And current promo of 2k extra per stay if you have not already.

Cheers from a fellow SD resident
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I am signed up for a 10K point bonus for every $3K in spending through 6/1 - not sure if that was a targeted offer or available to everyone.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tintin
Last question: We can buy AA gift cards and get reimbursed up to $250, correct? The terms and conditions (above link) says gift cards are excluded. How about purchase of AA Admirals Club membership? If AA gift cards are excluded but Admiral Club membership purchase is OK to receive reimbursement then I may consider cancelling the Citibank Executive card.
You're kind of in the wrong forum. The airline credit is dependent on Amex, not Hilton. And other than the maximum amount reinmbursed, it works the same for Amex Hilton Aspire cards as for Amex PRG cards as for Amex Platinum cards. And thus it's discussed (including what works and what doesn't work) in this thread in the Amex forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-aa-only.html

If nothing has chanced recently, you can buy $100 e-gift cards (not any larger than $100!), so you'd have to buy 3 separate gift cards to get reimbursed $250. But double check in that thread.

(It works differently for each airline, btw, so that's why there's a separate thread in the Amex forum for airline credits for each airline, rather than each card, because it works the same on each Amex card that gives an airline credit.)
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So I had an interesting call with a rep today about this benefit. He said, with absolute certainty after being questioned by me numerous times, that you do not have to choose an airline provider. You can simply make your purchases and then call Aspire and they will apply the credit. He even said you could apply credits to many different airlines, not just one chosen one. He said if you do enroll in a single one online then you do not need to call for any credits to this chosen airline, but you still could call if you have charges on other airlines and would receive credits for those. This is the first time I've ever had a card with this particular benefit, so I was surprised to hear it. Is this everyones understanding of the benefit?

Anyway - OP - re the online enrollment for both the Airline Credit and Priority Pass - although the website shows red verbiage saying it is unavailable, simply ignore it and continue on with the enroll button. It will allow us to enroll regardless of said verbiage (which the phone rep confirmed with me while I was speaking with him). He was able to see my online choices in real time.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Delta Gold, UsAir Gold, IHG Plat
I was able to register for both, but I did it through the amex website, after logging in and selecting my card. The choices show up under my offers and benefits.
I can also confirm I received my airline statement credit after registering for southwest via this method.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So I had an interesting call with a rep today about this benefit. He said, with absolute certainty after being questioned by me numerous times, that you do not have to choose an airline provider. You can simply make your purchases and then call Aspire and they will apply the credit. He even said you could apply credits to many different airlines, not just one chosen one. He said if you do enroll in a single one online then you do not need to call for any credits to this chosen airline, but you still could call if you have charges on other airlines and would receive credits for those. This is the first time I've ever had a card with this particular benefit, so I was surprised to hear it. Is this everyones understanding of the benefit?

Anyway - OP - re the online enrollment for both the Airline Credit and Priority Pass - although the website shows red verbiage saying it is unavailable, simply ignore it and continue on with the enroll button. It will allow us to enroll regardless of said verbiage (which the phone rep confirmed with me while I was speaking with him). He was able to see my online choices in real time.
I find that somewhat suspect. I selected my airline a day late and it didn't post the refund for the first, small giftcard I purchased. I then purchased a couple more and they processed flawlessly. I'd doubt that you could do it without selecting - after all, why even have the mechanism built into the system?
Old May 16, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I find that somewhat suspect. I selected my airline a day late and it didn't post the refund for the first, small giftcard I purchased. I then purchased a couple more and they processed flawlessly. I'd doubt that you could do it without selecting - after all, why even have the mechanism built into the system?
He said that Aspire's benefits were unique to Aspire and they didn't exist across all Amex products. I don't know if I believe him, but that's what he said.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:07 pm

I just used my aspire to upgrade my seats for United. I should get the credits posted in 3 days.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
I just used my aspire to upgrade my seats for United. I should get the credits posted in 3 days.
Are you sure about that?

Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...card/36182-9-0
Old May 29, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Originally Posted by Morrissey
Depends upon what he means by "to upgrade my seats". If it's from economy to F/J then it's questionable as to whether it'll be reimbursed. If it's purchasing an "upgrade" from economy to an E+ seat on United then there's a good chance it will be reimbursed.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:22 am

For whatever it's worth, I received reimbursement of expenses for both plane fares and gift cards on Southwest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.