Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Aspire Card - Enrollment in Airline Fee Credit of $250

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie

Enjoy perks while you fly.

Feel free to check your bags or enjoy an in-flight meal on us. Select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $250 a year in statement credits when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account. American Express relies on accurate airline transaction data to identify incidental fee purchases. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying incidental purchase on your eligible Card after 4 weeks, simply call the number on the back of your Card. See terms & conditions for more details.

How It Works

1. Select the qualifying airline you want online, or by calling the number on the back of your Card. You can change your airline selection online or by phone once a year in January.
  2. Use your Card to pay for eligible incidental travel fees from that airline.
  3. You'll receive a statement credit covering those fees, typically 2-4 weeks after you pay for them.

Good to Know

1. This benefit doesn't offer credit toward airline tickets, mileage points purchases or mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, upgrades, duty-free purchases, or award tickets.
  2. Eligible purchases made by both the Basic and any Additional Card Members are covered. However, statement credits for eligible purchases can't exceed $250 on the Card account per calendar year.
  3. Read below for other important terms and conditions.

$250 Airline Fee Credit Benefit Terms and Conditions

Benefit is available to Hilton Honors Aspire Card Members only. To receive statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year toward incidental air travel fees, Card Member must select one qualifying airline at www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card Account can select the qualifying airline. Card Members who have not chosen one qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. Card Members who have already selected one qualifying airline will be able to change their choice one time each year in January at www.americanexpress.com/airlinecreditchoice or by calling the number on the back of the Card. Card Members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Incidental air travel fees must be charged to the Card Member on the eligible Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $250 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Card Account. Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits. Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline are not eligible for statement credits. Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees. The airline must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be recognized as an incidental air travel fee. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Card Account. We rely on airlines to submit the correct information on airline transactions, so please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges.
Print Wikipost

Aspire Card - Enrollment in Airline Fee Credit of $250

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by zachary
For whatever it's worth, I received reimbursement of expenses for both plane fares and gift cards on Southwest.
Same here - I booked a flight that was less than $100 and received a reimbursement.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
In the past I booked gc's and a seat upgrade to main cabin.

All 3 charges look similar on my statement (saying American Airlines TX).

The gc's were reimbursed 4 days later and the seat upgrade 3 days later. The seat upgrade was more than my remaining $50, but they properly capped the reimbursement at the correct amount.

It appears Amex treats all charges of less than $100 at AA (or other airlines) similarly and all are good for the airline travel credit. They likely can't differentiate the difference between a $75 upgrade, a $75 flight or a $75 gc. So it appears they just reimburse airline charges of any amount up to $100.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Morrissey

Are you sure about that?
Not sure, but it worked with my platinum cards a few days ago and I am assuming the aspire card follows the same criteria. I’ll keep you posted.

One minor errror on my part. The credit shows three days from the time of posting, not the transaction date.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 2:53 pm

Any luck with $100 delta gift cards

Hello all,

I have the personal AMEX Platinum and successfully received credit when I purchased 4 $50 Delta gift cards. I now have the Aspire card but wanted to know if anyone has successfully received credit when you purchased a $100 Delta gift card? I really do not want to purchase 5 additional $50 gift cards.

Thank you in advance.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by belladanzy
Hello all,

I have the personal AMEX Platinum and successfully received credit when I purchased 4 $50 Delta gift cards. I now have the Aspire card but wanted to know if anyone has successfully received credit when you purchased a $100 Delta gift card? I really do not want to purchase 5 additional $50 gift cards.

Thank you in advance.
Refer to this thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-dl-only.html
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

Thanks!!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Ordered 2 $100.00 AA gc and 1 $50.00 AA gc on 8/25/18 and reimbursed today.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:52 pm

I would be grateful to have confirmation that this reimbursement would apply to charges for airline lounge membership (Admirals, Red Carpet, etc.)

Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So I had an interesting call with a rep today about this benefit. He said, with absolute certainty after being questioned by me numerous times, that you do not have to choose an airline provider. You can simply make your purchases and then call Aspire and they will apply the credit. He even said you could apply credits to many different airlines, not just one chosen one. He said if you do enroll in a single one online then you do not need to call for any credits to this chosen airline, but you still could call if you have charges on other airlines and would receive credits for those. This is the first time I've ever had a card with this particular benefit, so I was surprised to hear it. Is this everyones understanding of the benefit?
Highly unlikely this is true given that AMEX has denied change of selected airline once anything has been reimbursed.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by observer
I would be grateful to have confirmation that this reimbursement would apply to charges for airline lounge membership (Admirals, Red Carpet, etc.)

Thanks!

Yes! This is the email I received after making my airline choice
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Morrissey

Yes! This is the email I received after making my airline choice
Thank you very much for this. I selected my airline and I can see on my Amex benefits page that it has been properly recorded. But I received no such email message. Thanks for the reassurance.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Sorry if this is not the right forum, I've searched but I can't find the answer to this simple question: Does the $250 credit renew on Jan 1st as it does with the Platinum cards? Or is it on when the annual fee is posted?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by thebat
Sorry if this is not the right forum, I've searched but I can't find the answer to this simple question: Does the $250 credit renew on Jan 1st as it does with the Platinum cards? Or is it on when the annual fee is posted?
Calendar year, so 1/1/19

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Thanks Pedro this is valuable information
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Hi,

I want to refer my partner to this card. The referral page does not list as benefits complimentary diamond status or the $250 airline credit (actually even the regular Amex page for this card does not list the $250 airline credit). Both are however in the small print terms and conditions when you click on them.

Just to confirm, with a referral, you get both Diamond status and $250 airline credit per calendar year?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.