Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Double Points Are Back May 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double Points Are Back May 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mike2003242
Dang, must be staying at some nice places!
Lots of WA and Conrad stays in major markets and usually have customer dinners and bar tabs charged to the room.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Diamond is SUPER, SUPER easy to get, just get the Aspire card. For me personally, I benefit far more from this offer. Most of my stays are 2-4 nights but run $2800 and above
That is about 1/2 of what I need to spend in a year to make Diamond. I have exactly one regular stay that is $200+ per night for 3 nights and this year I caught a sale for $175. I make Diamond on stays, mostly HGI and HI. So, not everyone finds it super, super easy.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
That is about 1/2 of what I need to spend in a year to make Diamond. I have exactly one regular stay that is $200+ per night for 3 nights and this year I caught a sale for $175. I make Diamond on stays, mostly HGI and HI. So, not everyone finds it super, super easy.
Did you read my post? I said with the Aspire card. Which gives you Diamond
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:37 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Updated the first post in the thread, but wanted to be sure you all saw the registration page is up and running. Register here.

Thanks!
Lauren
florens likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Thank you Lauren! I'm all signed up.

I noticed that the link for FAQs on the confirmation page still goes to info for the current promo that ends April 30. If you get a chance could you let us know when the FAQs for the new promo are available? I'm one of those nerds who likes to take a screen print.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Does this also count when stays were booked in the past, that is before registering to the promo? I have 15 stays in this time frame and this promo is very welcome.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
This is a strong promo, and conspicuously so given the weak Marriott/ Starwood promo for the period and the concerns about the merger of the programmes. At this stage I think that Starriott will continue to get the majority of my spend, but I expect to hit Diamond at Hilton for the first time since the massive devaluations and may well look into how I choose between individual hotels at some point.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Nothing in the offer seems to specify booking dates

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Offer valid for stays completed May 1, 2018, through August 31, 2018 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio excluding Hampton by Hilton Hotels in Mainland China. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/DoublePoints prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period. Registered Hilton Honors members will only receive Bonus Points for nights completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends. Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period. "Double Points" means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.

This offer may be terminated without notice. Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your account. A 'stay' is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. Offer is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers. In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center/Health Club Access and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge. Space-available upgrades only available at select brands. Elite status benefits are subject to availability and vary by brand. For more information, please visit HiltonHonors.com.

florens likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by florens
Does this also count when stays were booked in the past, that is before registering to the promo? I have 15 stays in this time frame and this promo is very welcome.
Based on past experience, I believe the answer is YES.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by florens
Hi florens,

Yes, as long you're registered for the promotion before your check-out - you will be eligible. Safe travels on all your upcoming stays!

Thanks!
Lauren
florens likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi florens,

Yes, as long you're registered for the promotion before your check-out - you will be eligible. Safe travels on all your upcoming stays!

Thanks!
Lauren
This is great news. Thank you very much!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Thank you Lauren! I'm all signed up.

I noticed that the link for FAQs on the confirmation page still goes to info for the current promo that ends April 30. If you get a chance could you let us know when the FAQs for the new promo are available? I'm one of those nerds who likes to take a screen print.
Hi Westcoaster,

Yes will do! The FAQ is currently being worked on for the new promotion and should be updated shortly.

Thanks for your patience!
Lauren
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Did anyone get a confirmation e-mail that the registration went through?

I know it is not very consistent with Hilton registration.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer

I didn't, and I can't recall ever getting a confirmation e mail over the 5-6 years. I have never had a problem getting the benefits.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer

I've never gotten the e-mails, but I do take a screen shot after I register...for this promo it says "you're all set!..."

Always got the points, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.