Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waste of paper with all the coupons, letters upon arrival?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

Hton,

ive found a tremendous opportunity for you to cut your costs and pass a percentage of the savings onto me. You can lower room rates, too, if you wish.

I just checked into into an HGI and was handed a dossier of printed info.

A letter from the manager, on corporate letterhead, about how excited they are to have me. Nice touch, but the letter had been recycled.

A drink coupon on card stock.

A note, on card stock, appreciating my loyalty.

A card telling me I get 500 points if I spend $25 at the restaurant.

A card telling me I get 1000 points if I spend $50 at the restaurant.

A card with the WiFi info and access code.

All of this is appreciated, but the time and resources that goes into this packet for allHHonors program members has to be significant.

Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I'm confused. You criticized them for spending money on cards and for saving money by recycling a letter. There is no winning with you is there?

Oh and which HGI is it? I like free drinks and bonus points.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:30 pm

Was this supposed to be a humorous post?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I, also, hate to waste resources. Or see a bunch of promo litter immediately go in the can. I'm sure it adds up to some dollar amount downstream, but ultimately, whether I've got the money or not, it's preferred not to use so much.

Still better days now for this attitude with Digital Checkin, emailed folios, and no unwanted newspapers hanging on every door in the morning!

TDM (who's not particularly "green" but just dislikes waste.)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Was this supposed to be a humorous post?
It was. Swing and a miss.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by aww3583
  • A letter from the manager, on corporate letterhead, about how excited they are to have me. Nice touch, but the letter had been recycled.
  • A note, on card stock, appreciating my loyalty.

Did any of these say Hilton Honors is the only loyalty program having a double-dip option? (I got one on March 31 - which technically was still correct.)
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise

Oh and which HGI is it? I like free drinks and bonus points.
Yea, some of us like those sorts of things. I actually give HGIs that do that extra credit, not chastise them online.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I want *certain* things on paper. Several times now I've been told "we don't have paper breakfast vouchers anymore; your Gold status will automatically zero out the charge," and *never* has it worked. I've always had to get the breakfast charges removed at checkout.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
Why do people care about paper?
There are enough trees as it is and everything these days is recycled. The only thing that isn't recycled is people.
For example, it's good to have a hard copy because quite often some staff member will be too dopey to know what to do (I don't mean this specific to HH or any other brand).
Unfortunately I come across so many people on my travels slow on the uptake and after pointing at the pertinent points on the paper, we have a big bingo moment. Quite often this can involve taxi drivers, porters, airport staff. The list is endless - paper is my friend, the signal for it never goes, and nor does it's battery.

I don't want to question the hotel's use of paper!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.