Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again Valid thru March 2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 18, 18, 12:41 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jeanie
Wiki Link
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 17, 17, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.

I'm currently Diamond from a status match (from Accor Platinum) 2years back without a stay requirement. My Diamond is due to run out soon. Can I take up a status match again ?? And can I do it whilst I'm still Diamond or should I wait until I drop down in status ?

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 17, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
I'm currently Diamond from a status match (from Accor Platinum) 2years back without a stay requirement. My Diamond is due to run out soon. Can I take up a status match again ?? And can I do it whilst I'm still Diamond or should I wait until I drop down in status ?

Cheers.
It would be pretty stupid of Hilton to allow continual status matches from another program. Why don't you ring the diamond desk and ask them?
Old Mar 18, 17, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air: QR Platinum. BA, Emirates, AB. Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
It would be pretty stupid of Hilton to allow continual status matches from another program. Why don't you ring the diamond desk and ask them?
Because forums like this exist for people to share information and ask questions of others.
I asked here first because someone might have some useful information which could help me achieve my goal when simply phoning up and asking the organisation wouldn't.
It seems however in your case you don't. Thanks for playing though.

I wonder if you've ever asked anyone a question when you could have simply phoned the organisation to which it refers ?!

And just because something seems stupid doesn't mean a company doesn't do it !

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Mar 18, 17 at 6:06 pm
Old Mar 18, 17, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Because forums like this exist for people to share information and ask questions of others.
And it gets harder to do that when the forum gets bogged down with stupid questions that have already been answered elsewhere, such as that one.

I asked here first because someone might have some useful information which could help me achieve my goal when simply phoning up and asking the organisation wouldn't.
You would have already had the answer to you question if you had simply searched this topic for it.

It seems however in your case you don't. Thanks for playing though.
And thanks for being sarcastic towards people trying to help you. That will go a long way towards getting other people to do the legwork that you appear unwilling to do for yourself.

And just because something seems stupid doesn't mean a company doesn't do it !
That doesn't grant immunity from being called out on a stupid, selfish act.
Old Mar 18, 17, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
And thanks for being sarcastic towards people trying to help you.

That doesn't grant immunity from being called out on a stupid, selfish act.
You genuinely think his comment was intended to help me ?!
What is selfish about it ?
Old Mar 19, 17, 6:27 pm

Cheers.
There was a period just after the SPG / Marriott merger announcement when Hilton (and other chains) did outright matches. Hilton has since then changed to a Status Challenge instead of direct match.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 20, 17, 7:36 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, EY / O6 Gold, AB Silver, BA Bronze
After a second rejected attempt, I called customer care.

A seemingly helpful agent has sent through an escalation (the Member Services team doesn't use the telephone) and I've ensured she understands what Globalist means.
Old Mar 20, 17, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I did a status match in February (SPG Platinum to Hilton Diamond), which I quickly converted to expiry in March 2018 by doing the requisite 8 stays. I was very happy with that - 13 months of free Diamond for just 8 stays.

Today however, I was delighted to receive an email which contained the following:
You may have received an email from us recently about your Hilton Honors status match. While the email noted that your status would be extended to March 31, 2018, we’re happy to confirm your status actually extends to March 31, 2019! We’re sorry for any confusion this may have caused. We have already updated your account to reflect the correct date.
How cool is that?

Needless to say the email has been saved for the avoidance of any confusion/shenanigans in the future!
Old Mar 21, 17, 7:42 pm

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles

Cheers.
I got the status match from Accor Platinum to Hilton Diamond Dec 2015 with validity until March 2017. In January I signed up for the status challenge (also against Accor Platinum) which they approved requiring me to stay 8 times in 90 days. They'll give you Diamond status in advance so you can do these 8 times as Diamond. When you complete the challenge, you get to keep Diamond until March 2019. If you can only complete between 4-7 stays in this 90 day period you will get Gold until March 2019.

I have completed the challenge, and so far have had 11 stays with Hilton year to date. A few more booking coming up in the next couple months. Even though I don't think I will hit 30 stays/60 days annual milestone given Hilton's very limited footprint in my country (5 properties) or this region in general (Southeast Asia), I think my annual number of stays should already be profitable to Hilton vs me not staying with them at all without any status.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 21, 17, 11:06 pm

Location: Macau SAR. HKG (office) and KEN (work that out - clue, UK)
Programs: BA Silver, Asia Miles, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Spire Ambassador
Status Match downgrade Plat to Silver

I status matched from IHG for 2017.

Managed only 16 nights - but nearly all very expensive leisure nights in Conrads.

Would have walked Plat but my target hotels - Conrad Manila, Hampton Kingston UK, HGI Mong Kok HK all opened well later than announced. At least 20 nights lost to Hilton there.

To my bemusement I'm now going from Plat to Silver. That will def mean ZERO extra nights for Hilton in 2017 - I'm already at 4 nights, all Conrads and April is my main booking month alongside September and December.
Old Mar 22, 17, 12:02 am

So... you didn't re-qualify, they will downgrade you to the tier you actually earned, and you will move your business elsewhere.

Sounds pretty normal to me? What else did you expect might happen?
Old Mar 22, 17, 12:51 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

Managed only 16 nights - but nearly all very expensive leisure nights in Conrads.

Would have walked Plat but my target hotels - Conrad Manila, Hampton Kingston UK, HGI Mong Kok HK all opened well later than announced. At least 20 nights lost to Hilton there.

To my bemusement I'm now going from Plat to Silver. That will def mean ZERO extra nights for Hilton in 2017 - I'm already at 4 nights, all Conrads and April is my main booking month alongside September and December.
Why not try the current status match challenge again?
Old Mar 22, 17, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

Well, congratulations on being the first Hilton Platinum member that I have ever heard of.
Old Mar 22, 17, 5:25 am

I understand why Hilton wants to offer status matches to other program Elites as they would unlikely try Hilton without similar elite perks they are accustomed to in their primary program. That said, it is interesting to hear the various unhappiness when it is not extended after the initial match/challenge/fast track. Whichever primary program one was in while trying out Hilton also need to be requalified too right. Why should it be earning elite status in one chain gets a free pass to another chain elite status year after year. The statement "without the status Hilton would not get another stay from me" probably sounds as funny to Hilton Corporate as it does to me from year 2 onwards.
Old Mar 22, 17, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
You genuinely think his comment was intended to help me ?!
What is selfish about it ?
It was intended to hep you. I was trying to point out that you would be unlikely to succeed in your attempt to status match a second time without qualifying in the usual way, but in a kind way without calling you an idiot.

Seems I failed to get either of my points through.

Search this Thread