Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:21 am

Hilton is refusing to match best western diamond select to hilton diamond.

anyone else have experience with this?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by outlawashere

No, but I was thinking of doing the same. Did they offer you Gold?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by goldencondor
No, but I was thinking of doing the same. Did they offer you Gold?
I was already gold before i applied but they said they "matched" me to gold.

I would be interested to know what they will give you.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:45 pm

Apologies if asked before- can’t see a definitive answer.
I’m IHG Spire and Hilton Gold.
I’ve a number of Hilton stays already booked for the summer relating to stag dos (July) weddings (August) and weekends away (September).
I was planning on requesting a status challenge in early July (a few weeks before first stay) to maximise the next 90days for my expected status challenge of 8 stays.
Would pre-existing reservations count for the challenge? Would I need to let the hotels know individually that I’m now Diamond?
Appreciate any guidance, thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lavar56
I’ve a number of Hilton stays already booked for the summer relating to stag dos (July) weddings (August) and weekends away (September).
I was planning on requesting a status challenge in early July (a few weeks before first stay) to maximise the next 90days for my expected status challenge of 8 stays.
Would pre-existing reservations count for the challenge? Would I need to let the hotels know individually that I’m now Diamond?
Pre-existing reservations count. Hotels will refresh your file before arrival so will know that you are Diamond.

That said, the difference between Gold and Diamond isn't substantial. You may want to pause to question whether you want to burn your one lifetime status match at this time.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lavar56
If some of those stays included Conrads in Asia then I would say, yes, it's worth it. Otherwise you might want to keep your powder dry, as craigthemif says.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by outlawashere

Last summer when I was a Hilton Gold, I was matched to BW as Diamond Select. My understanding of this is that BW has a few more tiers than Hilton and to Hilton, this is their equivalent to Gold Hilton would not match me to Diamond with my new BW status (I tried) so instead did a fast track to Diamond Challenge (10 stays in 90 days) which I completed in July of 2018. I am a Diamond through March of 2020.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Last summer when I was a Hilton Gold, I was matched to BW as Diamond Select. My understanding of this is that BW has a few more tiers than Hilton and to Hilton, this is their equivalent to Gold Hilton would not match me to Diamond with my new BW status (I tried) so instead did a fast track to Diamond Challenge (10 stays in 90 days) which I completed in July of 2018. I am a Diamond through March of 2020.
BW Diamond is a joke status which is why HH aren't matching it to top tier.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Pre-existing reservations count. Hotels will refresh your file before arrival so will know that you are Diamond.

That said, the difference between Gold and Diamond isn't substantial. You may want to pause to question whether you want to burn your one lifetime status match at this time.
When did Hilton switch to "one lifetime match"?
Old May 2, 2019, 10:43 am

Just went to https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/ - looks like the site’s still up. However, it wouldn’t take my PDFs for proof of current status and recent hotel bill saying they needed to be ‘images.’ I’m at a loss....
Old May 2, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Just went to https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/ - looks like the site’s still up. However, it wouldn’t take my PDFs for proof of current status and recent hotel bill saying they needed to be ‘images.’ I’m at a loss....
Seems pretty clear to me:

Acceptable forms of status validation include a screenshot of your current account status or your current and active membership card. Acceptable forms of stay validation include a screenshot of your previous reservations or hotel receipt, redacting any personal information other than your name and membership number. We accept .jpg files only. Please do NOT send us any personal information (including your phone number, address, social security number, date of birth, user name, passwords, or credit card information). Hilton reserves the right to decline any application at any time for any reason. Hilton may require additional validation in its complete discretion. Please allow 5 -7 business days for Hilton Honors to process your request.
An image is generally much more difficult to edit without leaving visible artifacts than a PDF.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
An image is generally much more difficult to edit without leaving visible artifacts than a PDF.
Of course it is trivial do edit whatever you like in a PDF and then export to a JPEG.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by kkong42
Of course it is trivial do edit whatever you like in a PDF and then export to a JPEG.
True. I would imagine that this would be another example of creating rules to keep the honest people honest.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Seems pretty clear to me:

Thanks for providing me with the answer to this. It worked like a charm once format was copied to .jpeg. Coming from the business world, I thought .pdf WAS an image so couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Didn’t find the explicit language you copied - thanks again for all that!

This is why I love Flyertalk!
Old May 3, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

Thanks for providing me with the answer to this. It worked like a charm once format was copied to .jpeg. Coming from the business world, I thought .pdf WAS an image so couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Didn’t find the explicit language you copied - thanks again for all that!

This is why I love Flyertalk!
It can be confusing. I can embed an image into a PDF and it would still be a non-editable image (in a PDF wrapper), but it is far more common for a PDF to be a container for all kinds of text, fonts, images, etc. And in that format it is trivial to change the content with readily available tools - and the changes leave no trace.

(As mentioned above, it would also be trivial to edit the content of a PDF and then export it to an image format (also leaving no trace), but it does help to keep the honest people honest)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.