Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
My screenshot says that I am Diamond until 2220.
IMHO, it should at least say "until 2020, or the end of the Hilton Honors program, whichever comes first".

Ie, since even the concept of a hotel program hasn't even existed for one century, I'm not sure whether it makes sense to assume that Hilton Honors will exist in its present form for two more centuries.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
This is where the screenshot is so valuable. Glad you took one to prove 2020 in case you need it.
The screenshot is meaningless if the person doesn't meet the challenge, and if the person does meet the challenge, there's no doubt that the status will last until 2020.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:54 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Thanks to those who wrote constructive posts to help answer questions, your answers helped my unwritten questions! I went to the status match website linked in the WIKI and when I tried to submit the form, I was met with errors. So, I emailed the [email protected] address, and within 9 hours had received a reply and my status match challenge. A very good first impression on me!
Looking forward to sampling some of Hilton's offerings in the near future!
Cheers!
Maelstrom

Last edited by Maelstrom; Jul 16, 2018 at 10:51 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Datapoint for people trying to do a Diamond match a 2nd time. Didn't work for a coworker.

He filled out the webpage and after no notification or upgrade to his Hilton account for 2 weeks, he emailed Honors customer service.

CS told him since his account shows he took advantage of the status match in 2016, he wasn't eligible for a 2nd match in 2018.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by dchen2
Datapoint for people trying to do a Diamond match a 2nd time. Didn't work for a coworker.

He filled out the webpage and after no notification or upgrade to his Hilton account for 2 weeks, he emailed Honors customer service.

CS told him since his account shows he took advantage of the status match in 2016, he wasn't eligible for a 2nd match in 2018.
Did they say when he would be eligible again?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:33 am

Did they say when he would be eligible again?
No info given about new eligibility date. Worse case it might be lifetime unless other datapoints prove otherwise.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 7:20 pm

No info given about new eligibility date. Worse case it might be lifetime unless other datapoints prove otherwise.
I just completed a fast track to Diamond by completing 10 stays in 90 days. I am not sure about his travel coming up, but that could be an option for him if they agree.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Hi

Does anyone know if a stay checking in on the very last day of the 90 days counts as an eligible stay for the status match?

I should be ok without this one but a little worried one of my stays might not credit correctly.

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia

Was your coworker using the same hotel program to do the match to Hilton? Or is it one status match per Hilton account?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by l380
Was your coworker using the same hotel program to do the match to Hilton? Or is it one status match per Hilton account?
I just asked him. He said he tried matching with his Platinum SPG status initially (He did the 2016 match with his Marriott Plat status at the time). When it got rejected, he tried with his Plat Marriott status but no success there either. When he followed up with the 2nd match attempt, Hilton CS said the following " I have reviewed your account and found that you have already participated in our current status match offer. The offer can only be added once to any account. "

So in his case at least, Hilton is fairly strict about one status match from 2016 to now.

I just completed a fast track to Diamond by completing 10 stays in 90 days. I am not sure about his travel coming up, but that could be an option for him if they agree.
Thank you for the heads up. My Coworker just inquired about this. Hilton CS said they can extend the 10stay/18day Diamond challenge as an onetime offer but his account would only get upgraded to Diamond after successfully completing the challenge.

Since he doesn't get Diamond status during the challenge period (unlike the 90 day status match where temporary 90day Diamond would be granted immediately) and it might be iffy meeting all 10 stays in 90 days, my coworker decided to grit his teeth through the Marriott/SPG merger integration trouble and assess later if he really wants to jump ship to Hilton.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Amex has a Hilton credit card now that includes Diamond status. It has a $450 annual fee, I believe, but most of it is offset by various credits. That might be a better option than trying to stay 10 times in 90 days. (As someone whose hotel stays average at least a week, Hilton's stay-based challenge does me little good.)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Amex has a Hilton credit card now that includes Diamond status. It has a $450 annual fee, I believe, but most of it is offset by various credits. That might be a better option than trying to stay 10 times in 90 days. (As someone whose hotel stays average at least a week, Hilton's stay-based challenge does me little good.)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:47 pm

I just asked him. He said he tried matching with his Platinum SPG status initially (He did the 2016 match with his Marriott Plat status at the time). When it got rejected, he tried with his Plat Marriott status but no success there either. When he followed up with the 2nd match attempt, Hilton CS said the following " I have reviewed your account and found that you have already participated in our current status match offer. The offer can only be added once to any account. "

So in his case at least, Hilton is fairly strict about one status match from 2016 to now.

Thank you for the heads up. My Coworker just inquired about this. Hilton CS said they can extend the 10stay/18day Diamond challenge as an onetime offer but his account would only get upgraded to Diamond after successfully completing the challenge.

Since he doesn't get Diamond status during the challenge period (unlike the 90 day status match where temporary 90day Diamond would be granted immediately) and it might be iffy meeting all 10 stays in 90 days, my coworker decided to grit his teeth through the Marriott/SPG merger integration trouble and assess later if he really wants to jump ship to Hilton.
I was a gold when I did the challenge, and had a road trip planned which made it easy to complete the stays. Thanks for the updated info and as someone else stated, the credit card is an option if he wants to pay the annual fee.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by markis10
I just had my 2nd match approved, via the challenge, I have also had two comped statuses through Virgin Australia. Not sure why I bother, the local Hiltons have not got the best rep or are leaving the brand.
......as someone else stated, the credit card is an option if he wants to pay the annual fee.
......and is eligible for a US credit card.
We need a similar one in the UK.

It's great to see a number of people have been able to match more than once even if it's not policy.
So not a daft question to ask.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Copa ConnectMiles Platinum, United Gold
Question Status match?

Hi all!

I'm currently a top-tier Marriott member looking to diversify my stays for the remainder of the year. I was wondering if you're aware of any status match or challenge available with Honors that I can complete based on nights instead of stays. Most of my stays are 10+ nights so I would need to check in and out of different hotels to be able to complete the usual 8 stays for Diamond in 90 days, so any alternative would be very helpful.

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.