Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I applied for a status match in June, 2018. The current offer was for either Gold or Diamond status until March, 2020. I updated the Wiki.

I got a confirmation email from Hilton two days later saying I now have Diamond status. However, the date on the email confirmation said the status would be valid until March, 2019. Luckily, I took a screen shot of the 2020 offer.

After calling the Diamond desk, the agent could only see that I had Diamond status until mid-September of this year. She did put a note on my account about the discrepancy, and that I had a screen shot of the offer of March, 2020. She recommended waiting until September to see which date appears on my account. If need be, I can email them the screen shot that I took to fix the issue at that time.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jeanie
I applied for a status match in June, 2018. The current offer was for either Gold or Diamond status until March, 2020. I updated the Wiki.

I got a confirmation email from Hilton two days later saying I now have Diamond status. However, the date on the email confirmation said the status would be valid until March, 2019. Luckily, I took a screen shot of the 2020 offer.

After calling the Diamond desk, the agent could only see that I had Diamond status until mid-September of this year. She did put a note on my account about the discrepancy, and that I had a screen shot of the offer of March, 2020. She recommended waiting until September to see which date appears on my account. If need be, I can email them the screen shot that I took to fix the issue at that time.
It looks like you signed up for a status challenge and not a status match. You probably need to stay a certain number of stays or nights to extend the Diamond status until 2020.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by joe_miami
It looks like you signed up for a status challenge and not a status match. You probably need to stay a certain number of stays or nights to extend the Diamond status until 2020.
I agree. But Hilton is calling it a status match, so that is the terminology I used as well. It requires 8 stays in 90 days for diamond, and 4 stays in 90 days for gold.

https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
What happens if the 90-day diamond trial ends in the middle of a stay (without meeting the 8 stays and continuing the status)?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by waterandwoods
What happens if the 90-day diamond trial ends in the middle of a stay (without meeting the 8 stays and continuing the status)?
If you don't meet the required number of stays, you would be the status you are now. So if you are a gold, you'd stay a gold.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Amex Plat (UK)
I already had Honors Gold. I submitted a request to match Marriott Gold thinking I would get Diamond, but I just received an email congratulating me for “upgrading” to Gold?

I skimmed through the previous replies but maybe I missed it. Has anyone had success matching MR Gold to HH Diamond?

@HonorsRepresentative can you perhaps shed some light?

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I just got my status match on June 12th. The Diamond card shows it's valid until Sept 2018. Do I have to finish the 8 stays until Sept 12th or until the end of September?
Also the email said the status will be extended through March 2019, shouldn't that be March 2020?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Do reward stays count for the 8 stays needed to continue Diamond after a match?
I stayed at a Hilton in Orlando and used points and money to pay for the room and it counted as a stay.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
I just got my status match on June 12th. The Diamond card shows it's valid until Sept 2018. Do I have to finish the 8 stays until Sept 12th or until the end of September?
Also the email said the status will be extended through March 2019, shouldn't that be March 2020?
It sounds like your 90 days to match ends on September 12, so in that case you would need to get all 8 stays in by the 12th of September.

I am doing a fast track from Gold to Diamond that requires 10 stays which gives me Diamond Status until March 2020. I am not sure about your status match terms. Luckily my fast track challenge was made via Chat with a Hilton Honors rep so I have screen shots confirming March 2020. A quick call to the Diamond Desk or Customer Service might solve that mystery and if it is 2019 maybe you could ask for 2020.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Sorry I don't really follow this thread but thought I'd share this, in case if it hasn't been posted.

https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Just completed a status match from IHG Platinum. Initiated in April, just as my previous HH Diamond status ran out. Got the 8 stays in with a week or so to spare, and got an email confirming Diamond status until March 2020. Card image on HH website still shows expiry of 3/18, but overview says Diamond. Also greeted as, and received benefits of, Diamond status last week.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Even if it says Sep 18, it will be downgraded on the 91st day - exactly what happened with mine (July 3 was the 90th day and it was downgraded to Gold today - my 8th stay finished on July 2 and hasn't posted yet).
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Does anyone know if I can do Hilton status match more than once? i.e. status match now with SPG then in a couple years with Hyatt? Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I've done 2 straight matches and just completed the current match/challenge covering 3 consecutive years.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I status matched my Gold Elite with IHG and Hilton gave me Diamond for the 90 days to do the challenge. I will probably only do 4 stays and keep Gold (I was previously Silver). The email said it expires 3/31/2019 but the website now reflects 3/31/2020. So I am a little confused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.