Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again Valid thru March 2019

Hilton Status Match Again Valid thru March 2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 18, 18, 12:41 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jeanie
Wiki Link
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 29, 17, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
How long does a status match take? Got a stay next Thursday. Also does anyone know if I book two rooms for the same hotel does that count as 1 stay or two?
Earlier in this thread, posters have reported that they called for the match and had it start immediately.
2 rooms at the same property on the same night only count as one stay.
Old Jun 30, 17, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by tkelsay View Post
Just checking to see how long it took for your match to happen? Similar situation as you had, have a hotel booked in 10 days and wondering if applying today will make it in time.

Thanks.
A couple of days.
Old Jul 3, 17, 7:32 pm

Requested my match on Thursday, got approval on Monday of a holiday weekend. Not bad...
Old Aug 11, 17, 5:21 am

I've received an email today saying:

Originally Posted by Hilton
AN UPDATE ON YOUR HILTON HONORS STATUS
Hi Ldnn1,
I've got great news! Your Diamond status match with Hilton Honors has been extended through March 31 2019. It's our way of saying thank you for staying with us...
bla bla...
I have only completed 7 stays under the match so far. I have my 8th booked for this weekend but will cancel it if not needed.

Do you think it's safe to rely on the above and cancel?

I'm not sure if they have genuinely waived my 8th stay requirement, or if the email is simply pre-empting my upcoming reservation. However the email is very clear that my status has been extended already and there are no caveats in there about completing future stays.
Old Aug 11, 17, 5:32 am

Programs: MR Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Club, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
I've received an email today saying:

I have only completed 7 stays under the match so far. I have my 8th booked for this weekend but will cancel it if not needed.

Do you think it's safe to rely on the above and cancel?

I'm not sure if they have genuinely waived my 8th stay requirement, or if the email is simply pre-empting my upcoming reservation. However the email is very clear that my status has been extended already and there are no caveats in there about completing future stays.
Have you logged into your account to see what it says you status is good until? If it says 2019 there, I cannot imaging they would take it back if you did not complete your next stay.
Old Aug 11, 17, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by jetlagjunkie View Post
Have you logged into your account to see what it says you status is good until? If it says 2019 there, I cannot imaging they would take it back if you did not complete your next stay.
I didn't think the expiry was shown online as the account page still says I need 24 stays (7th hasn't posted yet) to retain Diamond, but just checked my printable membership card and that's showing 03/19, so I'm all good.

On the other hand, this makes me think that my 2 non-qualifying stays (airline rates) have actually counted for status match purposes - so I could've saved myself some cash by doing the whole thing at airline rate! Oh well, done now!
Old Aug 12, 17, 5:39 am

Programs: CX DM, PR MM, IHG Plat Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Anybody tried doing a status match more than once?
Just wondering if this is possible with Hilton.
Old Aug 12, 17, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Interested too. Gonna be short to re qualify after using mostly SPG stays. Any great advice?
Old Aug 12, 17, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luial View Post
It certainly has been possible in the past, but AFAIK only after you dropped from the status you wanted to match into.

So in case you have Diamond through March 2018 from a 2016 status match, you'd presumably have to wait until April 2018 before trying for another status match.
Old Aug 14, 17, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by luial View Post
When Hilton was handing out status like free candy, I did. I was matched through Mar 2017. Then when they came out with the new promotion through Mar 2018, I got that too. I was still Diamond at the time. However, that may have been due to the way matches were working at that time, prior to the stay requirements.
Old Dec 25, 17, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
The website isn't letting me view my printable card. When does Hilton status generally expire? March 31 of the following year?

Also, the new match terms are strictly about stays and not nights? Seems weird that a 21-night stay would only get me one-eighth of the way toward the match requirement. Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 17, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
TSeems weird that a 21-night stay would only get me one-eighth of the way toward the match requirement. Thanks.
It's their program, they can do it however they like. Marriott's status challenge is also purely stay based.
Old Dec 26, 17, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
It's their program, they can do it however they like. ...
No argument there, but seems odd nonetheless. I'm curious what the bean-counters found that would justify such a scheme. I don't believe I've ever met a hotel manager who preferred masses of one-night stays to long-term stays.
Old Jan 11, 18, 5:24 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond | Delta Gold | Hilton Honors Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite | AMEX Loyalist
Anyone know if this program's matched date will be extended to 2020?
Old Jan 11, 18, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
The website isn't letting me view my printable card. When does Hilton status generally expire? March 31 of the following year?

Also, the new match terms are strictly about stays and not nights? Seems weird that a 21-night stay would only get me one-eighth of the way toward the match requirement. Thanks.
The website wasn't letting me veiw my printable card last time I tried (a few days or a week ago), but I just tried again, and tonight it gives me one with my original March 2018 expiration date for Diamond.

But, of course, keep in mind that for those qualify for status 'more normally", this is too early in the first quarter for the new 2018 status to be published yet by Hilton. So I'm not sure if looking at the printable card in January really means much or not.

Search this Thread