Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again — Valid thru March 2019

Hilton Status Match Again — Valid thru March 2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 18, 18, 12:41 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jeanie
Wiki Link
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Old May 3, 19, 7:45 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
Seems pretty clear to me:

An image is generally much more difficult to edit without leaving visible artifacts than a PDF.

Thanks for providing me with the answer to this. It worked like a charm once format was copied to .jpeg. Coming from the business world, I thought .pdf WAS an image so couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Didn’t find the explicit language you copied - thanks again for all that!

This is why I love Flyertalk!
Old May 3, 19, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B View Post

Thanks for providing me with the answer to this. It worked like a charm once format was copied to .jpeg. Coming from the business world, I thought .pdf WAS an image so couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Didn’t find the explicit language you copied - thanks again for all that!

This is why I love Flyertalk!
It can be confusing. I can embed an image into a PDF and it would still be a non-editable image (in a PDF wrapper), but it is far more common for a PDF to be a container for all kinds of text, fonts, images, etc. And in that format it is trivial to change the content with readily available tools - and the changes leave no trace.

(As mentioned above, it would also be trivial to edit the content of a PDF and then export it to an image format (also leaving no trace), but it does help to keep the honest people honest)
Old May 11, 19, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Miles and Smiles Elite / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / SPG Gold
Have just applied and received my second match to diamond. I have to complete 8 stats before Aug 8th and have 5 booked. My question is this.
What is the definition of a stay? Paid nights only? Do points redemptions count?
my email says 2020 but loyalty lobby says Hilton have confirmed 2021 but not yet updated web site?
Old Jun 23, 19, 10:50 am

I match to Hilton gold with my Marriott status in 16, now I need to stay at Hilton again as there are no Marriott in Luxor, can I match to diamond again with the same Hilton account? Or should I register another new Hilton account?

I only want to use diamond benefit for once
Old Jun 24, 19, 1:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
I'm trying to get a status match/challenge for IHG (ambassador) platinum but strangely not having any success.

First try was last Wednesday (12 Jun). No acknowledgement or rejection email. Sent HHonors an email, got a reply on 21 Jun: "... our team is unable to validate the documents. Further, kindly resubmit the valid documents on the portal so that our team can validate and provide you a proper resolution."

Did as they requested and re-submitted, will check again towards the end of this week to see if it's successful this 2nd time ...
Old Jun 24, 19, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Make sure your images are in the format that they require.
Old Jun 29, 19, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
Make sure your images are in the format that they require.
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Saved both images in jpg as they requested, 2nd try doesn't seem to be successful either (but as with the 1st try, no rejection email). I emailed them separately but also no response. Oh well, it just isn't meant to be I suppose.

IHG
Old Jun 29, 19, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Saved both images in jpg as they requested, 2nd try doesn't seem to be successful either (but as with the 1st try, no rejection email). I emailed them separately but also no response. Oh well, it just isn't meant to be I suppose.

IHG
When I matched (granted, it was 3 years ago), I sent them a screenshot of my IHG card (as you have done), but I also included the first page of my "Past Stays" history. I got the impression that they are trying to prevent people from doing a match-to-match-to-match game, where they bootstrap a minimal status from someone like Best Western into Hilton Diamond without actually staying in many (any?) hotels.
Old Jul 2, 19, 2:55 pm

Programs: NEXUS, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
I submitted a status match request last Friday (28 June) based on my IHG Platinum Ambassador status. I didn't receive an email of any sort but I happened to look at my HH account today and noted that my status is now Diamond. However, it's telling me that I need to complete 29 stays or 59 nights to retain Diamond next year as opposed to the 8 stays in 90 days that the status match application page spells out. So I don't know if I was actually status matched or just giving a Diamond trial membership.

Oh well, I have some stays booked over this weekend and another weekend in July so at least I'll get to sample the Diamond treatment at least.
Old Jul 2, 19, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
I don't believe Hilton has a tracker for challenges. You'll need to keep track yourself.
Old Jul 2, 19, 5:54 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, HH Diamond, Aeroplan Diamond
The tracker on the main page does not show challenges. From the main My Account page click on My Offers on the left side, then once on the next page click on Active Offers. You will likely find the challenge there, albeit with no tracker
Old Jul 2, 19, 6:31 pm

Programs: NEXUS, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital View Post
The tracker on the main page does not show challenges. From the main My Account page click on My Offers on the left side, then once on the next page click on Active Offers. You will likely find the challenge there, albeit with no tracker
Yup. There it is. "RV Fast Track to Diamond" with an expiration date of 30 November. Thanks all.
Old Jul 3, 19, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
I don't believe Hilton has a tracker for challenges. You'll need to keep track yourself.
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital View Post
The last time I did a Gold fast track my tracker updated to say "4 stays until Gold". YMMV...
Old Jul 7, 19, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Croptop View Post
I submitted a status match request last Friday (28 June) based on my IHG Platinum Ambassador status.
Ah well, no idea why Hhonors doesn't want to match my IHG Platinum Ambassador. Have tried 3 times now (twice on website, once via email), nothing. Just isn't meant to be I suppose.

Search this Thread