Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again Valid thru March 2019

Hilton Status Match Again Valid thru March 2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 18, 18, 12:41 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jeanie
Wiki Link
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 29, 18, 10:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, Accor Plat.
Hi, Has anyone had sucess this year with a match from Accor? Im Accor Platinum and want to do the status challange with Hilton.
I submitted the webform and got the following reply:

We appreciate your interest in attaining Elite status with Hilton Honors. After careful review, regrettably, we are unable to process your request with the provided documentation as they are either ineligible to compare against Hilton Honors program or not an eligible hotel brand. For consideration, please reply with the following:

- If you are a member of another hotel loyalty program, please reply with a screenshot or photo of your existing competitor membership card with your name printed clearly on it (handwritten names or those that appear to have been altered will not be accepted)
- Copy of your recent competitor account statement and activity (those that appear to be altered will not be accepted)

The webform only takes image files and my history with Accor is 60+ nights so I supplied a scrolling capture which might have looked a bit off.

Can you submit a request via email?

Chris021
Old Sep 30, 18, 11:11 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Platinum. United Silver. HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Status match or status challenge?
Mine was a match with the requirement to make 8 stays in 90 days to keep through 3/2020. Also matched MR Plat. Took less than 24 hours to come through. I think I can get my net cost of the each stay to around $60-$70 so it wont be that much more than paying the $450 AF and I will have it for 18 months versus having to pay the AF every 12 months. Plus all the points earned have some value.
Old Oct 4, 18, 12:21 am

I have searched these threads and have not found a answer. I did the status match to Diamond and am 1 stay away from doing the 9 stays in 90 days to get Diamond. One of the Diamond benefits is Elite status Gifting. Will I be eligible for that even if I only stayed 9 stays? In the terms and conditions it says to gift Diamond you would of had to stay 100 nights to get that!
Old Oct 4, 18, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott15 View Post
I have searched these threads and have not found a answer. I did the status match to Diamond and am 1 stay away from doing the 9 stays in 90 days to get Diamond. One of the Diamond benefits is Elite status Gifting.
Wrong. It's not a Diamond Benefit. It's a Stay Benefit.

Hilton Honors Updates for 2018 | FAQ

Qualifications to gift Gold to another member are 60 qualifying nights in one calendar year. Once a member reaches 100 qualifying nights in a calendar year, their gift is automatically upgraded to Diamond status for that same member who received the gift of Gold status.
Staying 60 nights makes you a Diamond, but being a Diamond does not make you have 60 nights in stays.
Old Oct 5, 18, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, AA EXP MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First (oh boy)
quick update - i just received an email from Hilton thanking me for completing the match and saying my Diamond is in fact good through 2020. Woohoo!
Old Oct 5, 18, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Through 2020?
Old Oct 6, 18, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Through 2020?
Through March 2020, I'm guessing.
Old Oct 6, 18, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Through March 2020, I'm guessing.
Okay, that makes more sense.
Old Oct 6, 18, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
"Into 2020" may have been a more appropriate way of putting it.

My matched Diamond status will elapse at the end of March 2019, but not before being put to good use. Would be nice if I could leverage that towards status elsewhere before it expires.
Old Oct 26, 18, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I'm doing the challenge and almost there as I am at 7 stays.
My next and 8th stay should seal the deal, but I just got a little concern. My challenge ends on the 29th. My check in date is the 28th and check out on the 30th. Could that potentially be a problem?
Old Oct 26, 18, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by walterD View Post
My next and 8th stay should seal the deal, but I just got a little concern. My challenge ends on the 29th. My check in date is the 28th and check out on the 30th. Could that potentially be a problem?
If the challenge ends on the 29th, you could definitely have a problem, unless Hilton's systems work differently than, e.g., Hyatt's. You might want to check out on the 29th, just to be safe, and either check back in at least several hours later, or stay elsewhere for that second night. (If you're traveling with someone, maybe you could book Night #2 in their name.)

That said, Hilton tends to be a backup plan for me behind Hyatt and IHG; hopefully others here can tell you one way or the other.
Old Oct 26, 18, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by walterD View Post
Yes. I'd check out and check into another property. Hilton systems will normally see if you check back into the same property on consecutive nights and combine into one.
Old Oct 27, 18, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Marriott PP, UA *G, SK Dia
Originally Posted by corbetti View Post
quick update - i just received an email from Hilton thanking me for completing the match and saying my Diamond is in fact good through 2020. Woohoo!
Same here, status is valid through March 31, 2020.
Overall happy with my switch over from SPG/Marriott. Just even considering the M&M promo alone.
Old Nov 3, 18, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Fairmont Circle, SPG Platinum, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond, Avis President's Club
My status challenge started August 6th and is supposed to expire November 4th.

I am at 7 stays so far with a reservation tomorrow for one night. So checking in on the 4th and out on the 5th.

Will Hilton be generous and count this stay towards my status challenge or should I book a cheap points stay for tonight and check in and out via the app?
Old Nov 5, 18, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Aker View Post
My status challenge started August 6th and is supposed to expire November 4th.

I am at 7 stays so far with a reservation tomorrow for one night. So checking in on the 4th and out on the 5th.

Will Hilton be generous and count this stay towards my status challenge or should I book a cheap points stay for tonight and check in and out via the app?
Just saw this, so too late to be helpful. Status challenges tend to be fairly strict. I'm guessing that if the eighth stay didn't end by the deadline, you wouldn't be given a grace period (certainly not by the system; perhaps if you contact customer service and get lucky). Either way, please let us know how it worked out.

Search this Thread