Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Status Match Again — Valid thru March 2019

Hilton Status Match Again — Valid thru March 2019

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 18, 18, 12:41 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jeanie
Wiki Link
Status match request site: https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Note new terms as of March 2017 (or a Little earlier - changed validity to 2019):
In June of 2018, the validity was changed to March, 2020

For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We'll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.

You'll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2020, when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you're matched to Gold status, you'll just need to complete 4 stays. If you're matched to Diamond, you'll need 8 stays.
Print Wikipost

Old May 24, 18, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by Croupier View Post
I got matched to diamond, didn’t make the 8 stays in 90 days to retain it.
3 months after the 90 days and I’m still diamond:-)
EDIT: Just checked my printable digital card, it says valid until 03/2020Very generous considering I initiated the status match in December 2017.
How can be possible? Did you make the 8 stays anyway till now?
Old Jun 2, 18, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy View Post
How can be possible? Did you make the 8 stays anyway till now?
Nope 3 Stays 5 nights.

Card

I cut off he bottom of the card but it says 03/20? I doubt that will happen though, pretty sure I will be downgraded start of 2019.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jun 5, 18, 1:12 pm

Programs: QR Plat, RA, Oman Air Gold, HH Diamond
question?

so I satisfied the Diamond challenge with 8 stays and am in until March 15, 2019

now I get a message to stay 22 more nights to re-qualify for Diamond

would that give me a new expiry date of December 31, 2019 or March 15, 2020 after 22 more nights?

online Diamond card does say expiry 3 / 2020 now?
Old Jun 5, 18, 1:47 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I just signed up for a status match.

How long do these usually take to kick in?
Old Jun 5, 18, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by pvn View Post
I just signed up for a status match.

How long do these usually take to kick in?
My experience is 2 years old, and it was a straight up match back then, but FWIW my match took effect the next day.
Old Jun 5, 18, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
For those of you questioning the Mar 2020 validity of your matched Diamond - if you'd qualified this year, isn't that just the norm? From what I recall, you should get Diamond for the rest of this calendar year + the next (2019), so the status expires in Mar 2020.

(The website's also been updated to reflect this date, so I'm pretty certain your matches will be valid till then. https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/ )
Old Jun 18, 18, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I applied for a status match in June, 2018. The current offer was for either Gold or Diamond status until March, 2020. I updated the Wiki.

I got a confirmation email from Hilton two days later saying I now have Diamond status. However, the date on the email confirmation said the status would be valid until March, 2019. Luckily, I took a screen shot of the 2020 offer.

After calling the Diamond desk, the agent could only see that I had Diamond status until mid-September of this year. She did put a note on my account about the discrepancy, and that I had a screen shot of the offer of March, 2020. She recommended waiting until September to see which date appears on my account. If need be, I can email them the screen shot that I took to fix the issue at that time.
Old Jun 18, 18, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
I applied for a status match in June, 2018. The current offer was for either Gold or Diamond status until March, 2020. I updated the Wiki.

I got a confirmation email from Hilton two days later saying I now have Diamond status. However, the date on the email confirmation said the status would be valid until March, 2019. Luckily, I took a screen shot of the 2020 offer.

After calling the Diamond desk, the agent could only see that I had Diamond status until mid-September of this year. She did put a note on my account about the discrepancy, and that I had a screen shot of the offer of March, 2020. She recommended waiting until September to see which date appears on my account. If need be, I can email them the screen shot that I took to fix the issue at that time.
It looks like you signed up for a status challenge and not a status match. You probably need to stay a certain number of stays or nights to extend the Diamond status until 2020.
Old Jun 18, 18, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
It looks like you signed up for a status challenge and not a status match. You probably need to stay a certain number of stays or nights to extend the Diamond status until 2020.
I agree. But Hilton is calling it a status match, so that is the terminology I used as well. It requires 8 stays in 90 days for diamond, and 4 stays in 90 days for gold.

https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/
Old Jun 26, 18, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG/Marriott Gold, Amex Plat (UK)
I already had Honors Gold. I submitted a request to match Marriott Gold thinking I would get Diamond, but I just received an email congratulating me for “upgrading” to Gold?

I skimmed through the previous replies but maybe I missed it. Has anyone had success matching MR Gold to HH Diamond?

@HonorsRepresentative can you perhaps shed some light?

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 18, 12:39 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Does anyone know if I can do Hilton status match more than once? i.e. status match now with SPG then in a couple years with Hyatt? Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 18, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I've done 2 straight matches and just completed the current match/challenge covering 3 consecutive years.
l380 and hailstorm like this.
Old Jul 6, 18, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I status matched my Gold Elite with IHG and Hilton gave me Diamond for the 90 days to do the challenge. I will probably only do 4 stays and keep Gold (I was previously Silver). The email said it expires 3/31/2019 but the website now reflects 3/31/2020. So I am a little confused.
Old Jul 6, 18, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aphilly02 View Post
I status matched my Gold Elite with IHG and Hilton gave me Diamond for the 90 days to do the challenge. I will probably only do 4 stays and keep Gold (I was previously Silver). The email said it expires 3/31/2019 but the website now reflects 3/31/2020. So I am a little confused.
My initial e-mail said 2019, but once completed, the subsequent email told me 2020. March 2020 is what you would expect achieving status this year.
Old Jul 6, 18, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
Originally Posted by aphilly02 View Post
I am currently doing a Diamond challenge and once completed it will be until March of 2020. I believe all of them have been extended to 2020.

Search this Thread