Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton shuts Diamond account for pointing on Sneaky Silent Devaluation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton shuts Diamond account for pointing on Sneaky Silent Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I will give the OP credit for staying with this thread, but It has really reached the point of diminishing returns IMHO.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kat007

The moral of this story (and the previous one about silent devaluation): Hilton absolutely does not value its loyal guests. It didn`t give a damn about me, and it doesn`t give a damn about you either. Spend your money, open co-branded credit cards, and be quiet-that`s all required from you.
If you actually believe this--that Hilton doesn't give a damn about you or its customers--then WHY would they bother pursuing a petty vendetta against you? You are, in fact, correct in this assertion. Hilton does not care about individual customers--just the aggregate. And it contradicts your entire conspiracy theory.

Originally Posted by s0ssos
In response to the people who say big companies don't respond to "criticism". Well, people who are in powerful places can have grudges. Like saying "no" to Delta's fuel subsidies because of its withdrawal of the NRA discount. Those people exist in Hilton, like any other big company. Sometimes people do stuff for seemingly trivial reasons.

And it is funny how people presume data cannot be passed on. People also presumed smart TVs cannot spy on you, nor your laptop's webcam. That your phone is secure and cannot be hacked (especially if iphone). We all know that to not be true. So, the crazies who said their TV was watching them? It ends up the rest of us are actually the crazy ones.
This is a REALLY TERRIBLE analogy. The fuel subsidy thing was entirely political theatrics designed to appease the base of Republican voters in Georgia. It had nothing to do with one individual's offensive comments about a company. It's so far removed from the idea of "big companies don't respond to criticism" that it makes absolutely no sense.

You may be able to successfully make the argument that you are trying to get at here, but NOT with that kind of sloppy thinking.

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
I will give the OP credit for staying with this thread, but It has really reached the point of diminishing returns IMHO.
No! Do-o-o-on't! The entertainment value accretes with each new post.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 25, 2018 at 5:43 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by hotturnip
No! Do-o-o-on't! The entertainment value accretes with each new post.
...... but I have now run out of popcorn
​​​​​​​
TommyD2 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Smart people who participate in chat boards and on line discussions rarely (if they are smart) use their real names or primary email addresses. Just saying
Why are we assuming that smart is default? Or that smart can't get hit? I don't think arrogance helps.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

Originally Posted by Kat007
I stopped reading right there. Again, you are so wrong in your imagination. I didn`t say that Hilton knew about Amex thing, you are lying. I said Hilton knew I had two Hilton accounts because they manually added my email address to it.

Save your time and please don`t post your bizarre stories about me
I tried. I really tried to keep this discussion open...

...but you just had to post the content shown above; and we received numerous reports from fellow FlyerTalk members alerting the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton Honors forum that you have crossed the line.

You continue to be blatantly rude and insult fellow FlyerTalk members; you argue with anyone who does not agree with your point of view instead of listening to what people are saying — or trying to say; and not only did you never furnish any definitive evidence to some of your allegations and accusations, but you never did retract from the ones which you have been proven incorrect. In fact, you have seemingly ignored much of the information which was presented in this discussion when it did not fit your agenda.

As much as I would like to help the popcorn companies break revenue records, this discussion is now closed.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton | Hilton Honors forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.