Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Leavenworth {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites Leavenworth {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Leavenworth {US-WA}

Hampton Inn and Suites Leavenworth, Washington Hotel

Any reports?

Looking at a mid-May stay of a few nights in Leavenworth and the hotel looks very new and nice (and unlike several of the other hotel choices in Leavenworth does have an elevator). But the location and view (?) -- next to a Safeway -- don't sound nearly as scenic.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I have not stayed at the Hampton but I've visited Leavenworth a couple of times. It's so beautiful I don't think it matters where you stay. Our first stay was at Autumn Pond B&B:
Online Reservations at Autumn Pond B&B in Leavenworth WA I'd recommend it. Great breakfast!! But, rooms are small and on 2nd floor. Nice open area on ground floor for breakfast, lounging & relaxing.

Our 2nd stay was for a reunion: https://www.hotels.com/ho559376/?q-c...=1&ZSX=0&SYE=3 Just another hotel but our room overlooked the river.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer
...Our 2nd stay was for a reunion: https://www.hotels.com/ho559376/?q-c...=1&ZSX=0&SYE=3 Just another hotel but our room overlooked the river.
Second floor or third? Elevator? Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Second floor or third? Elevator? Thanks.
2nd floor, no elevators.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
From the Hampton you have to drive to the main town. It looks nice but even as a Diamond I don't think I'd stay there. I go to Leavenworth every year sometimes twice.

Bavarian Inn and Orbetal Inn are decent enough and right in the main town.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lancer99
From the Hampton you have to drive to the main town. It looks nice but even as a Diamond I don't think I'd stay there. I go to Leavenworth every year sometimes twice.

Bavarian Inn and Orbetal Inn are decent enough and right in the main town.
I'm guessing that the OP wants to use his Hilton pts.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Well....

Ended up making a reservation at a local hotel that had a decent rating on TripAdvisor et al. Walked in and the room was musty and dank, and the nose immediately reacted to allergens. Only nice thing was the view from the balcony but that wasn't enough to offset the problems. Even though the room had a 72 hour cancel (and had booked for three nights), the owner was nice enough to charge for only one night.

Went back to the car and made a reservation via the app at the Hampton Inn -- studio suite, AAA rate.

This is probably the nicest Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in. The room was huge, the staff incredibly helpful. I really liked the new-style "suite shop" (and the freezer section had bags of ice for the taking -- a nice touch). Grounds were immaculate as was the hotel. No river view, but did get a nice hillside view and saw deer each evening.

While we didn't use the pool, it is (unlike so many indoor pools) large and well-lighted; there is a nice outdoor seating area next to the pool.

The only thing marring the stay (and this isn't really the hotel's fault, but Hampton's oft-complained about breakfast brand standards) was the usual mediocre breakfast fare. (Holiday Inn Express is SO much better in this regard). At least there was a breakfast meat each morning (but the three hot items were exactly the same each morning).
Sisosig likes this.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Funny. Atypical shaped Hampton building. It is similar to the now-debranded Hampton Inn in Crescent City, CA (now Oceanfront Lodge or something).

Definitely looks nicer than one of the "new" Hamptons I stayed in recently.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Another one-night stay.

Hotel is still immaculate. Hope the owners/investors keep it up.

Breakfast somewhat better than usual, with decent biscuits and gravy (from a crock pot, not the hot bin -- making me wonder, even if canned, whether it was "doctored." Definitely better than the usual canned gravy).

Lots more expensive, though, in the summer than it was in May!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.