Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Employee Rate - Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Employee Rate - Hilton

Hi guys! First post here (go easy on me! lol!)

I tried googling my question and that's how I landed on this website, but no answers came up. So, figured I would post it and see if anyone had an answer for me.

I am currently a Hilton employee and have made a reservation for my upcoming trip at the end of the month using my team member rate.
However, I am currently interviewing at another company and may (if I get the job) no longer be an employee by the time my trip comes as my last day would fall during my trip.
My question is: will the hotel know I am no longer an employee? I've asked a lot of people in the industry and they have all told me 'no' and that 'i'll be fine'... but, will I?

Any insight would be awesome!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See these recent threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...-quitting.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...mployment.html
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I’m not sure anyone here will have a better answer for you.

We mostly are frequent travelers and not employees. So any insight we can give would be guesses only.
Originally Posted by Catergirl11

I tried googling my question and that's how I landed on this website, but no answers came up. So, figured I would post it and see if anyone had an answer for me.

I am currently a Hilton employee and have made a reservation for my upcoming trip at the end of the month using my team member rate.
However, I am currently interviewing at another company and may (if I get the job) no longer be an employee by the time my trip comes as my last day would fall during my trip.
My question is: will the hotel know I am no longer an employee? I've asked a lot of people in the industry and they have all told me 'no' and that 'i'll be fine'... but, will I?

​​​​​​​
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:37 am

Not a Good Idea to Try

Originally Posted by Catergirl11

Hilton HR may be inefficient at many things. But they have management of Hilton Go for departing employees down to an art. On the day your employment with Hilton ends any future reservations made at staff rate (as well as any reservations at Friends and Family rate for you or others) will be cancelled.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
Hilton HR may be inefficient at many things. But they have management of Hilton Go for departing employees down to an art. On the day your employment with Hilton ends any future reservations made at staff rate (as well as any reservations at Friends and Family rate for you or others) will be cancelled.
First is party true, second is completely wrong.

Once your employment ends, all existing Team Member rate reservations will be cancelled, and you will no longer be able to access the Go Hilton booking site to book new Go Hilton reservations.
The property needs to deactivate the employee account and many fail to do so because some employees don't use it at all, except for Go Hilton rates meaning they don't have access to anything sensitive. Only when the property deactivates that account will the Team Member rate reservations be cancelled.

Second:

Existing Family & Friends rate reservations that were booked before your employment ends will still be honored after your employment ends, both for you and for your authorized family and friends, as a matter of courtesy for Hilton Honors members.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
OP, you would be wise to ignore this, as it is inaccurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.