Ebates now 12% with Hilton....blue

Old Mar 16, 18, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Ebates now 12% with Hilton....blue

E bates now has a 12% cash back with hilton if you are a blue member. Silver and above get a whopping 1% still. May be worth forgoing the honors points especially at properties with an included breakfast.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 18, 18 at 11:05 am Reason: Removed a referral link as reported by fellow FlyerTalk members.
Old Mar 16, 18, 11:29 am

Programs: HH, IHG, MH
Befrugal offers 3% for Silver n above.
Old Mar 16, 18, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Choice Gold, TR Platinum
That's a good idea. I had never considered not logging into my account to book. If the room rate is high enough...
Old Mar 17, 18, 10:17 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Not sure I would agree. On a recent leisure family visit last weekend, we stayed in 2 different DT properties, total combined expense was less than $250. For both stays, as a Diamond, I received ~9800 points (plus another 10k for my fifth stay during the current promotion), and a total of 4 free breakfasts. At $0.004 per point, that is just over $39. (not including the 10k bonus), saved more than $60 on breakfasts - MUCH better than a ~$30. rebate.
Even without the current promotion (2k points per stay), which rewards shorter stays, Diamond status appears to make more sense; assume we stayed at the same property both nights, reducing the number of points earned to ~7800 - still worth slightly more than the 12% rebate, without considering the free breakfasts.
On the redemption side, award stays at properties with resort fees bring additional value, as they are waived.

Am I missing something?
Old Apr 30, 18, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Diver,
You are not missing anything. Doing the 12% without putting in your Hilton number likely makes sense only at properties with an included breakfast for all guests such as Hampton Inn. Sorry for the delayed reply. Haven't been to the site in a while.
Old Mar 26, 19, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by BigD420 View Post
Diver,
You are not missing anything. Doing the 12% without putting in your Hilton number likely makes sense only at properties with an included breakfast for all guests such as Hampton Inn. Sorry for the delayed reply. Haven't been to the site in a while.
If you don't enter in your Honors Account #, will Hilton still try and link your account at or after the stay?
Old Mar 26, 19, 11:48 am

Can prob claim missing stay later on..
Old Mar 26, 19, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Can prob claim missing stay later on..
That's what happened to me. I booked without logging in (well, actually logged in at the last moment before confirmation). It tracked at the higher commission rate but a noticed 0 points awarded for the stay. Sent the Folio to the Diamond desk and was awarded the correct points.
Old Mar 27, 19, 6:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Choice Gold, TR Platinum
Originally Posted by englisha View Post
That's what happened to me. I booked without logging in (well, actually logged in at the last moment before confirmation). It tracked at the higher commission rate but a noticed 0 points awarded for the stay. Sent the Folio to the Diamond desk and was awarded the correct points.
Just to clarify - this method got you the higher eBates amount and your points? I assume you didn't get any on property benefits.
Old Mar 27, 19, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy View Post
Just to clarify - this method got you the higher eBates amount and your points? I assume you didn't get any on property benefits.
It was actually topcashback and I got the on property benefits as well as the higher percentage. Wasn't trying to game the system, it just tracked at the higher amount. It didn't even get a mention at check in.

Last edited by englisha; Mar 27, 19 at 2:00 pm

Search this Thread